KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Bane vs. Dooku

Darth Bane vs. Dooku
Started by: DarthCuddles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthCuddles

Darth Bane vs. Dooku

Darth Bane ROT With Orbalisk's Vs. ROTS Dooku

1. Saber
2. Force
3. All Out

Location- Geonosis (where dooku fought yoda)

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 02:01 PM
Click here to Send DarthCuddles a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCuddles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

1.) not sure. i don't recall bane dueling any opponents quite as skilled as dooku with a saber, so it's hard to say.
2.) bane
3.) bane

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 04:11 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Dooku's Makashi (sp?) would grant him an advantage in hitting Bane's face (orbalisks) but Bane uses Djem So (i think) like Anakin, and the raw power of that style overwhelmed Dooku. I think it would narrowly go to Dooku, b/c of all of the prestige/ reverence the other blademasters of his time gave him.
Dooku also has Force lightning, so that's another advantage.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 05:09 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthCuddles

ok woah Darth Bane had amazing abilities force wise and with a sabre
1.he beat some of the best swordsmen in his!!!! ( Kas'Im and Raskta Lsu (who was powered by battle meditation)) he also destroyed the library at the sith acadamy on korriban and destroyed ruusan while performing the ritual with brotherhood of darkness!!! i think he can take dooku in all three honestly

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 05:45 PM
Click here to Send DarthCuddles a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCuddles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tulakhordpwns
?

Bane wins all 3

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 06:04 PM
Click here to Send tulakhordpwns a Private Message Find more posts by tulakhordpwns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthCuddles

ooopps sorry i forgot i was going to do a list
2. He turned a drexyl with human riding on it into a large pile of smoking ash
3. he was also able to pwn one of the strongest sith in the brotherhood (quodris)
3. he also was able to complete a feat that no other sith in the brotherhood was able to acomplish in not being controlled by Lord Kanns powers over the mind
4. and lastly the demolished an entire rakatan temple to kill kas'im

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 06:12 PM
Lightsnake

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthCuddles
ok woah Darth Bane had amazing abilities force wise and with a sabre
1.he beat some of the best swordsmen in his!!!! ( Kas'Im and Raskta Lsu (who was powered by battle meditation)) he also destroyed the library at the sith acadamy on korriban and destroyed ruusan while performing the ritual with brotherhood of darkness!!! i think he can take dooku in all three honestly

He didn't beat either of them in swordsmanship. He tricked Kas'im, who was his superior with a saber at the time and Zannah backstabbed Raskta.

And don't list feats he didn't perform on his own. Ruusan would be one of those

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 06:27 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthCuddles

he was still able to beat him and nothing is stopping him from doing it to dooku

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 06:44 PM
Lightsnake

Oh, so they're going to be in the Rakata temple and Dooku is going to dramatically pause after Bane is outside it to deliver a speech, allowing Bane to gather energy?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 07:01 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthCuddles

lol no not exactly what i. i was just trying to make a point that bane wasn't a novice in the ways of force and saber combat

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 07:24 PM
Lightsnake

Of course not...just that saying how he beat Kas'im isn't really relevant to the fight with the factors unapplied.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 07:30 PM
DarthCuddles

well while kas'im was using his staff bane was winning and i wasn't trying to point out in number 4. that he beat kas'im just that he did destroy the temple and adding to your point he didn't even break through kas'im's force barrier which says alot for kas'im's ability in itself

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 07:38 PM
Lightsnake

Bane knew everything Kas'im could do with the staff was the thing.

And I'm willing to bet with the Force, Dooku far exceeds Kas'im

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 07:40 PM
DarthCuddles

but isn't bane a master at the curved blade as well???

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 07:43 PM
DarthCuddles

handle not blade sorry

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 07:45 PM
Lightsnake

He is. However, that's his big advantage...something Dooku will be very familiar with.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 08:04 PM
DarthCuddles

so then that just puts it down to bane's skill and dooku's do you think bane is a better swordsman than anakin because anakin could beat dooku with the same style that bane uses djem so

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 08:21 PM
Lightsnake

Anakin's going all out there helped. Djem So alone is something Dooku can deal with very well

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 08:25 PM
DarthCuddles

oh what do you mean all out exactly???

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 08:28 PM
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

He means that Anakin was in that dumbas "zone." But the novel still stated that Anakin was holding back and still giving Dooku a hell of a time. But Anakin is more of an exception than the rule.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 08:38 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote