KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Thrawn with Revan as a Second in command

Thrawn with Revan as a Second in command
Started by: DarkSerpent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSerpent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thrawn with Revan as a Second in command

Have all of the Executor-Class and each has a Eclipse-Class to command from. Also, between them, atleast 200,000 Star Destroyer-Class ships

Full fighter capacity.

The fighters stored are Jedi Starfighters adpated so anybody can use them.

They are against the Vong and CIS combined.

Their soldiers are Mandalorians and Fett clones.

Whatever they have left(If they win, both Eclipse Class vessels survive)
if they come out victorious, the take on everybody in the war that Krayt and his Sith start.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 06:18 AM
Click here to Send DarkSerpent a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSerpent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

No they lose...badly. The CIS is stated to have quintillions of battledroids and millions of capital ships alone in ICS. And the Vong managed to threaten the Galaxy at large and managed to take the Galactic Capital. That combined with the sheer prowest of GG who is quite the military Genius himself makes Thrawn and Revan dead men. Dooku will board Revan's flagship and impale him through the chest when the battle is done.

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 11:22 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Re: Thrawn with Revan as a Second in command

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSerpent
Have all of the Executor-Class and each has a Eclipse-Class to command from. Also, between them, atleast 200,000 Star Destroyer-Class ships

Full fighter capacity.

The fighters stored are Jedi Starfighters adpated so anybody can use them.

They are against the Vong and CIS combined.

Their soldiers are Mandalorians and Fett clones.

Whatever they have left(If they win, both Eclipse Class vessels survive)
if they come out victorious, the take on everybody in the war that Krayt and his Sith start.

Your team wins. Here is all the analysis needed:

Thrawn and Revan are full of win.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 03:55 PM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Re: Re: Thrawn with Revan as a Second in command

Originally posted by Enyalus
Your team wins. Here is all the analysis needed:

Thrawn and Revan are full of win.

That logic is too much for me to comprehend!!! It's so smart!!! Ugh!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Above: My brain

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 04:11 PM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Thrawn and Revan could take this they are the best military strategists in the SW universe.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 07:18 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSerpent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
No they lose...badly. The CIS is stated to have quintillions of battledroids and millions of capital ships alone in ICS. And the Vong managed to threaten the Galaxy at large and managed to take the Galactic Capital. That combined with the sheer prowest of GG who is quite the military Genius himself makes Thrawn and Revan dead men. Dooku will board Revan's flagship and impale him through the chest when the battle is done.
They are allowed to capture ships and(If they can) reprogram the Droid Control ships once they do.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 07:39 PM
Click here to Send DarkSerpent a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSerpent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSerpent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you forgeting the Executor-Class Ships(all of them) Have 10x the firepower of the standard Star Destroyer.

And both the Eclipse and Eclipse II can blow through a ship with one shot with their superlasers.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 07:41 PM
DarkSerpent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh and let's up the numbers two Half of the Empires Star Destroyers.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 07:43 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Half of the Empire's capital ships, as commanded by two near-omniscient tactitions, and the most powerful Destroyer in galactic history at their finger tips?

Meh. The Vong and CIS are threatening only due to sheer numbers. But Thrawn and Revan can win.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 08:30 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Hm I don't know they do have GG who was also a masterful tactician, and the only reason why Revan won in the Mandalorian wars is he vastly outnumbered him

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 08:33 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hm I don't know they do have GG who was also a masterful tactician, and the only reason why Revan won in the Mandalorian wars is he vastly outnumbered him

General Grievous is a masterful condition. But he's definitely no Thrawn or Zaarin. Moreover, Revan won because he's a badass tactition in addition to numbers. Lastly, Imperial technology and militarization kicks the holy shit out of any other regime in history. You pick a Star Wars navy, and in every possible way, the Imperials do it better. Including the Vong and CIS. By a considerable margin.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 08:37 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Gideon
Half of the Empire's capital ships, as commanded by two near-omniscient tactitions, and the most powerful Destroyer in galactic history at their finger tips?

What Gideon is attempting to say, in a less eloquent manner, is: Thrawn and Revan are full of win.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 08:39 PM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Not convinced The Vong are exceptionally powerful warriors and have a descent Navy, as well as the CIS which pwns in the category of Naval engagements. I'd say the CIS and Vong win on sheer numbers. And personally I don't say Revan was that great of a tactician.

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 08:54 PM
truejedi

Originally posted by Gideon
General Grievous is a masterful condition. But he's definitely no Thrawn or Zaarin. Moreover, Revan won because he's a badass tactition in addition to numbers. Lastly, Imperial technology and militarization kicks the holy shit out of any other regime in history. You pick a Star Wars navy, and in every possible way, the Imperials do it better. Including the Vong and CIS. By a considerable margin.

not in every possible way: no shields on tie-fighters? what is that?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 09:14 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Not convinced The Vong are exceptionally powerful warriors and have a descent Navy,

Nom Anor admits that the Empire would have crushed the Vong and given the ships at the command of Revan and Thrawn they would be more then a match for Vong.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 10:10 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by truejedi
not in every possible way: no shields on tie-fighters? what is that?

Not because they couldn't equip TIE Fighters with shields, it was just easier and cheaper to do so.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 10:50 PM
truejedi

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Nom Anor admits that the Empire would have crushed the Vong and given the ships at the command of Revan and Thrawn they would be more then a match for Vong.

Nom Anor was hardly right about everything. (not arguing your point. i think the empire would defeat the Vong, but i don't think it would have been a crushing victory) just saying Nom Anor is hardly the source you want to use to support that idea.
The empire would still have to contend with the technology curve. Though the empire would do what the GA(or was it the New Republic at the time? ah well) wouldn't do, and that was leave some planets completely unprotected to mass their forces and beat the vong in pitched battles, so that is a plus for the empire.

In this particular contest, i think Revan and Thrawn win easily. Thrawn has been able to defeat the computer minds of the CIS with ridiculous ease against impossible odds. You put that mind in with the galactic empire, and you take into account that it was Admiral Ackbar (a brilliant, but decidely lower tier tactician than thrawn) that figured out how to defeat the vong in the end anyway, and they win with ease.

I still have a pet theory that the Vong were the disturbance in the force that Revan sensed, and went off into the unknown regions to investigate. (largely because of the sighting of a Vong scouting ship in KOTOR) How many thousands of years in transit would it take the Vong to fly from one galaxy to the next? Considering their weird relationship with the force, is it possible that they would have created such a huge difference in the force? I've also heard it said that Sidious made his power grab, not because he thought it was time, but because he knew the Vong were coming and wanted to prepare the galaxy.
lastly: does it ever explain how the Vong got off of zonoma sekot in the first place and "lost it"?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 11:21 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Nom Anor was hardly right about everything. (not arguing your point. i think the empire would defeat the Vong, but i don't think it would have been a crushing victory) just saying Nom Anor is hardly the source you want to use to support that idea.
The empire would still have to contend with the technology curve. Though the empire would do what the GA(or was it the New Republic at the time? ah well) wouldn't do, and that was leave some planets completely unprotected to mass their forces and beat the vong in pitched battles, so that is a plus for the empire.

In this particular contest, i think Revan and Thrawn win easily. Thrawn has been able to defeat the computer minds of the CIS with ridiculous ease against impossible odds. You put that mind in with the galactic empire, and you take into account that it was Admiral Ackbar (a brilliant, but decidely lower tier tactician than thrawn) that figured out how to defeat the vong in the end anyway, and they win with ease.

I still have a pet theory that the Vong were the disturbance in the force that Revan sensed, and went off into the unknown regions to investigate. (largely because of the sighting of a Vong scouting ship in KOTOR) How many thousands of years in transit would it take the Vong to fly from one galaxy to the next? Considering their weird relationship with the force, is it possible that they would have created such a huge difference in the force? I've also heard it said that Sidious made his power grab, not because he thought it was time, but because he knew the Vong were coming and wanted to prepare the galaxy.
lastly: does it ever explain how the Vong got off of zonoma sekot in the first place and "lost it"?

Grievous' strategy is described as "without flaw" as shown on Hypori where he completely outmanuvered the GAR. I doubt that he can be considered a "computer" so I say the duel villains take this. I take back my comments on with ease thought

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 11:38 PM
Elite Hunter

May I ask how a guy who has been spying on the galaxy for many years and has played a hand in fracturing the empire post DE is not a credible source to compare the New Republic's infrastructure (as well as the current state of affairs in the war) to the Empire's. Do I think it would be a wtfpwnage for the Vong no, but at the same time they would never have gotten nowhere near Coruscant.

quote:

Don't forget that Sidious might have had pre existing knowledge ( since around outbound flight) of the vong and Thrawn may have also had knowledge too. I don't want to get into a debate over this but the empire would have more superweapons and better organized military/government.

quote:
I still have a pet theory that the Vong were the disturbance in the force that Revan sensed, and went off into the unknown regions to investigate. (largely because of the sighting of a Vong scouting ship in KOTOR) How many thousands of years in transit would it take the Vong to fly from one galaxy to the next? Considering their weird relationship with the force, is it possible that they would have created such a huge difference in the force? I've also heard it said that Sidious made his power grab, not because he thought it was time, but because he knew the Vong were coming and wanted to prepare the galaxy. lastly: does it ever explain how the Vong got off of zonoma sekot in the first place and "lost it"?

I highly doubt that because Revan was told hardly anything of the Vong scout ship other then it was really fast and fled the galaxy. Then we have the god awful creation of the True Sith which is a more likely opponent for Revan given the introduction of Malachor and Kreia's comment. As for Sidious gaining power to ready the galaxy against the Vong, I find that highly unlikely. I always got the impression that he used the idea of an extragalactic invasion as one reason to keep a powerful military force. Though technically as emperor he could do whatever the hell wanted.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 12:07 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Yuuzhan Vong only contended with the seriously undermilitarized New Republic due to the machinations of individuals such as Nom Anor, who had moved a strong hand in galactic events for decades. As Elite Hunter has aluded to, it was Anor who arranged for what would be considered the final "destruction" of the Galactic Empire in Council of Blood. And even then, the New Republic still legitimately overcame the Vong in a fleet-to-fleet engagement. Compare this to the Galactic Empire, which was the product of an unprecedented military build up. The Confederacy of Independent systems may have remarkable numbers of cannon fodder, but they cannot compete with the Empire's vastly superior naval superiority and resources. Neither can the Vong.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 12:15 AM