KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ESB Vader Vs Darth Revan

ESB Vader Vs Darth Revan
Started by: laser7455

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
laser7455

ESB Vader Vs Darth Revan

Who wins here?

1.Saber
2.Force
3.All out

Location-Geonosis where Dooku fought Obi-Wan & Anakin

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 04:24 AM
Click here to Send laser7455 a Private Message Find more posts by laser7455 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

ESB Vader vs. a complete unknown. Very good, very good.

1. Probably Revan. Judging by the way things have gone in that Qui-Gon vs. Revan thread, Revan's still held in high-esteem, despite his ambiguity.

2. Revan. I don't care what anyone says, Vader's not gonna be able to resist a full blast of Force Lightning, even with his exceptional TK.

3. I'm tempted to say Vader. His superior strength should hold off Revan's Lightning long enough for him to get him in his telekinetic grasp, tough I feel if Revan gets in close with a saber, utilizes a well placed Push or two, he could angle himself up for a decent win.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 05:59 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

1. Sabers - Vader, 6/10.
2. Force - Revan, 7/10.
3. All-out - Revan, 7/10.

I don't see how Vader can possibly survive long enough to beat Revan once he faces his Force Lightning...or heaven forbid Force Storm.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 06:26 AM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Everyone thinks Vader will lose against anyone who can use force lightning. If that were the case then the dark side users who served Sidious would not of feared Vader.

Revan would lose to Vader. Vader still held tremendous power over the dark side even with his suit. Galen used force lightning on vader, and it didn't stop Vader. Vader still kept fighting, even though he eventually lost, but not as a result of the lightning. Galen wasn't just any user of force lightning, he was a master of the technique.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 09:29 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think revan would win the majority of the force an all out BUT vader does have a chance to win.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 12:57 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Everyone thinks Vader will lose against anyone who can use force lightning. If that were the case then the dark side users who served Sidious would not of feared Vader.

Revan would lose to Vader. Vader still held tremendous power over the dark side even with his suit. Galen used force lightning on vader, and it didn't stop Vader. Vader still kept fighting, even though he eventually lost, but not as a result of the lightning. Galen wasn't just any user of force lightning, he was a master of the technique.
You do know a lightsaber can block Lightning, right? I'd like to see some Dark Acolyte with nerve and confidence enough in his own abilities take on Vader. They'd die.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 07:35 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Yeah that was my point.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 08:21 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Galen wasn't just any user of force lightning, he was a master of the technique.

Says who?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 08:40 PM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Well if you read tfu novel or comic, you would see how extremely he uses force lightning. How many force lightning users have you seen taking out legions of storm troopers all at once, and overpowering tie fighters with lightning. In the comic he overpowered Rahm Kota, and used it against Sidious.

Is it just me or are they starting to make comics cheap now days. I barely bought the comic tfu, and the pages are already starting to detach.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 09:05 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yeah that was my point.
My point is, in a purely Force fight, Vader's got no lightsaber standing between Revan's Lightning and Vader's now vulnerable suit.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 09:18 PM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Well if you read tfu novel or comic, you would see how extremely he uses force lightning. How many force lightning users have you seen taking out legions of storm troopers all at once, and overpowering tie fighters with lightning. In the comic he overpowered Rahm Kota, and used it against Sidious.

As a matter of fact, I have. He doesn't use Lightning on a TIE fighter. Rahm Kota catches and deflects the lightning. The stormtroopers presumably die, but don't become charred or disintegrate, and they have zero Force shields anyway so it isn't a big feat. And his lightning didn't bother Sidious one bit.

My all evidence, his lightning is pretty weak.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 09:30 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

I have a question which version of TFU is canon the game, the novel, or the comic: I guess the comic is non-canon because it skips an entire mission.

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 09:46 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

They're all the same level of C-canon...But the novelization has more detail.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 09:48 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Interesting same events, different interpretations, I'm guessing?

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 09:54 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Tangible God
My point is, in a purely Force fight, Vader's got no lightsaber standing between Revan's Lightning and Vader's now vulnerable suit.

My point is Vader survived a lightning attack from Galen, so i don't see why he couldn't against Revan.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 11:48 PM
Dominis

Originally posted by Enyalus
As a matter of fact, I have. He doesn't use Lightning on a TIE fighter. Rahm Kota catches and deflects the lightning. The stormtroopers presumably die, but don't become charred or disintegrate, and they have zero Force shields anyway so it isn't a big feat. And his lightning didn't bother Sidious one bit.

My all evidence, his lightning is pretty weak.

You must of not read the whole book because he did use lightning against a tie fighter. The only force users that have charred anyone with lightning, that i know of, were Sidious and Bane, who were beyond extreme users of the technique. When he fought Rahm Kota he was not as powerful or as experienced as when he fought Vader. In the comics Kota did not catch the lightning. In the novel even though Kota cought most of the lightning, it still hurled him back. When has Revan charred or disintegrated anyone with lightning?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 12:01 AM
Advent
Just Leaving

I'd say Revan takes them all. It's possible he may lose in saber combat, but only because the circumstances of most of his battles are unknown.

I would think Revan should take him in actuality (speculation, in other words). Vader's pretty shoddy on the grand scale--he can't overwhelm an older Kenobi, who's skill deteriorated substantially along with his physical attributes. Their duel was actually described as being a hard fight to fight by Lucas. As well, at the height of his power, using his full-strength, he is stated to be virtual equals with a reluctant, lightside ROTJ Luke.

Revan's most impressive feat is lopping Malak's jaw off in a lightsaber battle. Along with other factors, it's apparent he would present difficulties to Vader to say the very least.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 01:09 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you know the source where it says that Vader was hardpressed to fight Obi-Wan and equal with Luke? That would be handy for me...

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Sep 14th, 2008 at 01:15 AM

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 01:13 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

Nope, I just made it up as a late April's Fool joke...haha?

There are two sources indicating Vader was hardpressed,

1) ANH Commentary. Lucas says exactly what I wrote he said, "hard fight to fight".

2) Star Wars Insider #62, the Fight Saber article says that he couldn't break Kenobi's defenses until he let him.

So it was a stalemate in the end. As for the being equals with Luke,

1) the ROTJ comic book says it was a "battle of equals" unlike the duel on Bespin. Note that the narrator states that--if anything--Luke had the upperhand rather than Vader. As well as implying that Luke was reluctant, it outright says that Vader was giving it his all.

2) Upon turning to the Fight Saber article again, it also states as much ("able to duel the Dark Lord on even footing", this is not about when he goes batshit insane either). Also written is that OT Vader is at the height of his powers.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 01:40 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Strange, that makes vader look extremely weak yet leaked footage of TFU showed vader being an extremely good combatant.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 01:43 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote