KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Barriss Offee's Gauntlet!

Barriss Offee's Gauntlet!
Started by: JediOrion

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediOrion

Barriss Offee's Gauntlet!

Okay, I'm a big Barriss Offee fan, so I want to see what everybody else thinks of her abilities. For those who don't know her, she's a very skilled Force healer, a Soresu adept, and a clever young Jedi.

Here's the line-up, in no particular order:

1.) LOTF Mara Jade
2.) Darth Vader
3.) Anakin Skywalker (when he was dark but not in the suit)
4.) Count Dooku
5.) Darth Bane
6.) Darth Maul
7.) Sith Blademaster Kas'im
8.) Cin Drallig
9.) Yoda (lol)
10.) Luminara Unduli, her own master

There is no death; there is the Force.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 10:40 PM
Click here to Send JediOrion a Private Message Find more posts by JediOrion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOrion

Sorry, I forgot to post my own opinions:

1.) Lose, unfortunately. Mara is a trained assassin with incredible skills, both the traditional Jedi set (saber dueling and Force powers), but also the more shadowy areas of combat and killing. Barriss wouldn't stand a chance.

2.) Lose. Not even a contest.

3.) Win, but barely. Barriss has worked with Anakin before and knows a good deal about his strengths and weaknesses. In addition, Anakin was a bit of a berserker right after his fall, and I think her own caution and strength would have brought him down eventually.

4.) Lose. Dooku, being one of the best duelists ever, and not too bad in the Force department either, would absolutely crush Barriss.

5.) Actually, I don't know much about Darth Bane's powers myself. I'll leave that to someone else to decide.

6.) Lose, without a doubt. Maul was a brute, and he was incredibly fast and powerful with that double-blade of his.

7.) Win, actually. Kas'im was very skilled in lightsaber combat, but he was arrogant. She would have had a tough time of it, but she would have pwned him in the end.

8.) Win. Unlike Kas'im, the Jedi weapons master wasn't (too) proud and arrogant, and Barriss would have had a much harder time of it. However, she demonstrated that she had an incredible degree of Force control in TAS, which the old man didn't.

9.) Lose. Do I even have to give my reasons?

10.) Win. Although some might disagree, I say that Luminara got to be too set in her ways. Barriss eventually outshone her old master, although their partnership was very much an Anakin-ObiWan kind of thing. Their styles were very similar, but I think Barriss would have destroyed her in both arenas.

Okay ... now what does everybody else think?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 10:49 PM
Click here to Send JediOrion a Private Message Find more posts by JediOrion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Kas'im would annihilate her. The match would be a brief, yet excruciating monument to the amount of pain a lightsaber can cause to the humanoid body type. Srsly.

Bane would kill her too.

Guys, could Cin take her?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 12:48 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Taking into account the fact that she not only loses, but gets positively stomped by just about every one of her opponents, I'd have to say that this gauntlet fails.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 01:57 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

She's not getting through any of them.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 02:05 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOrion

Barriss can take young Anakin without much trouble. Dueling her old master is harder, but she can defeat her too. As for Barriss vs. Cin, I still think she can whoop his butt with Force powers.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 02:10 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediOrion
Barriss can take young Anakin without much trouble. Dueling her old master is harder, but she can defeat her too. As for Barriss vs. Cin, I still think she can whoop his butt with Force powers.
And just why do you think Vader is going to lose to Barriss Offee when he casually took on Cin Drallig and Bene at the same time? And don't say it's because of her Soresu-adept status---Kenobi was the Soresu prodigy.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 02:37 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOrion

quote:
And don't say it's because of her Soresu-adept status---Kenobi was the Soresu prodigy.

And who was it that walked away physically unscathed from the battle on Mustafar? Barriss fought alongside Obi-Wan on Ansion, and proved her skill in the art of Soresu even as a padawan. At the least, Anakin would find her quite a challenge. At most, he would find himself unexpectedly defeated.

Barriss is tougher than people give her credit for!

Old Post Mar 10th, 2009 10:33 PM
Eminence
Boss

Nope.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2009 01:31 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

And who was it that walked away physically unscathed from the battle on Mustafar? Barriss fought alongside Obi-Wan on Ansion, and proved her skill in the art of Soresu even as a padawan. At the least, Anakin would find her quite a challenge. At most, he would find himself unexpectedly defeated.

Barriss is tougher than people give her credit for!
Obi-Wan won the Mustafar duel due to more than pure skill or power. Anakin was emotionally unstable, mentally unbalanced and typically arrogant of the Dark Side (i.e. "You underestimate my--" *jump/slash*). Anakin was more powerful than him and as the RoTS novelization says, Anakin becomes more so the longer the battle continues. If it had not been for his anxiety at the Padme/Kenobi betrayal, Anakin wouldn't have been so... stupid is a good word. Facing someone like Offee, a Soresu adept, not the prodigy like Kenobi, but adept (your word)---who is by canonical fact less powerful than Anakin (the same Dark Anakin who took on the Battlemaster and his apprentice)...

Easy math.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2009 01:35 AM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Where does it say Kas'im is arrogant?
All I can see is pride.
Apart from that it'd be easier for Barriss to take a long walk of a short pier.

Oh and Lucien just too add to your analysis? (For lack of a better word)
Obi Wan is also a very intelligent combatant so more points for him.

And adding to this from a different thread and Iquote you.

"When there are sabers involved, Kas'im will always kick butt. No argument."

So this Barriss adept of Soresu, I believe due to that quote, I'm done here.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Last edited by mattatom on Mar 11th, 2009 at 04:13 PM

Old Post Mar 11th, 2009 04:10 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOrion

Okay, okay, I'll give you guys that. Kas'im would destroy Barriss in a duel. I'm still sticking with her win over Anakin.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 01:00 AM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Kenobi had every advantage: an intimate knowledge of Anakin's fighting style, superior tactical awareness and a mind uncluttered by the renunciation of his entire life's ideals. He was still losing. Anakin was simply better than he was. Barriss wouldn't stand a chance.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 01:08 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Re: Barriss Offee's Gauntlet!

Okay, I'm a big Barriss Offee fan, so I want to see what everybody else thinks of her abilities. For those who don't know her, she's a very skilled Force healer, a Soresu adept, and a clever young Jedi.

Here's the line-up, in no particular order:

1.) LOTF Mara Jade
2.) Darth Vader
3.) Anakin Skywalker (when he was dark but not in the suit)
4.) Count Dooku
5.) Darth Bane
6.) Darth Maul
7.) Sith Blademaster Kas'im
8.) Cin Drallig
9.) Yoda (lol)
10.) Luminara Unduli, her own master
Aside from Mara Jade and Kas'Im who I know nothing about, assuming your ordering your list from least to greatest difficulty, let me revise it for you. Just my opinion.

1. Luminara Unduli
2. Cin Drallig
3. Darth Bane
4. Darth Maul
5. Anakin Skywalker
6. Count Dooku
7. Darth Vader
8. Yoda

She stops at 1.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 02:30 AM
Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Bane > Maul

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 02:54 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Okay, okay, I'll give you guys that. Kas'im would destroy Barriss in a duel. I'm still sticking with her win over Anakin.
If you want to be taken seriously here, re-evaluate.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 04:24 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

EDIT.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 12:46 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Aside from Mara Jade and Kas'Im who I know nothing about, assuming your ordering your list from least to greatest difficulty, let me revise it for you. Just my opinion.

1. Luminara Unduli
2. Cin Drallig
3. Darth Bane
4. Darth Maul
5. Anakin Skywalker
6. Count Dooku
7. Darth Vader
8. Yoda

She stops at 1.

When you wrote Maul is a more difficult opponent than Bane you were sort of drunk and/or high right?

Kas'im is potentially one of the most accomplished Weaponmaster of all time.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Last edited by mattatom on Mar 14th, 2009 at 09:44 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2009 09:40 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur2776
Restricted

Account Restricted

She would lose to every single one of them

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 06:46 PM
Click here to Send Excalibur2776 a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur2776 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur2776
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, Anakin would win as seen in the Clone Wars

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 06:47 PM
Click here to Send Excalibur2776 a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur2776 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote