KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Galen Marek in the YV War

Galen Marek in the YV War
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Galen Marek in the YV War

How would he fair? He uses the lightsaber form Juyo and is a beast of the Force. IMO he would be more than a match for any YV.

War Doctor

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 09:40 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Galen Marek in the YV War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
How would he fair? He uses the lightsaber form Juyo and is a beast of the Force. IMO he would be more than a match for any YV.

Absolutely.

Particularly given the fact that he's partial to aggressive manifestations of the Force. He'd kick Vong ass.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 09:52 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

He wouldn't be of much help in the grand scheme of things however: having one man that can handle a bunch of guys (ie around 100) is irrelevant in a GALACTIC war. That's why Alexander the Great would be FAR more helpful in a war than say Achilles (the REAL Archilles... if there was one)/the best swordfighter in the world.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 10:17 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Tell that to Ganner Rhysode, Luke Skywalker and Jacen Solo, the 3 people that practically won the war.

Edit: It was also Luke who practically defeated the entire empire twice.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 10:31 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Tell that to Ganner Rhysode, Luke Skywalker and Jacen Solo, the 3 people that practically won the war.

Edit: It was also Luke who practically defeated the entire empire twice.

They did not make a difference by sheer "I shall charge into battle and thus be worth 100 guys!" Luke beat the Empire because he took down the leaders and destroyed the death star, so he used his "powers" (that weren't fully developed yet) more a special forces like, ie doing stuff that larger armies cannot. He was not worth much by sheer kill count.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 12:41 AM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kotorfan
Fruity Darth

Galen would be worth alot for sheer kill count.. lol. a few force repulses, then some lightning, or epic saber throw that goes through every vong on the battlefield. lol.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 01:01 AM
Click here to Send kotorfan a Private Message Find more posts by kotorfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
They did not make a difference by sheer "I shall charge into battle and thus be worth 100 guys!" Luke beat the Empire because he took down the leaders and destroyed the death star, so he used his "powers" (that weren't fully developed yet) more a special forces like, ie doing stuff that larger armies cannot. He was not worth much by sheer kill count.
You do know the Vong aren't the Empire?

The Vong so despised the Jedi they tried to convince the galaxy to turn against them. They created creatures specifically to hunt them down. A small strike team of Jedi destroyed said creatures. Ganner Rhysode slaughtered upwards of thousands of them by himself. Jaina killed Tsavong Lah. Luke and Jacen took out Shimrra and Onimi--something which actually ended the war.Their existence fueled the Shamed One's rebellion. And this is all using the Light Side.

Throw in Marek's aggressive style and vast reserves of raw energy and it's going to make the Jedi's job that bit easier.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 01:18 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

The Vong so despised the Jedi they tried to convince the galaxy to turn against them. They created creatures specifically to hunt them down. A small strike team of Jedi destroyed said creatures. Ganner Rhysode slaughtered upwards of thousands of them by himself. Jaina killed Tsavong Lah. Luke and Jacen took out Shimrra and Onimi--something which actually ended the war.Their existence fueled the Shamed One's rebellion. And this is all using the Light Side.

Throw in Marek's aggressive style and vast reserves of raw energy and it's going to make the Jedi's job that bit easier.

Plus Imagine if Galen had gone with Luke and Jacen to fight Shimrra, I'm guessing thir Force Bond may have increased in strength slightly.

Too bad Galen didn't survive, he could of been trained into a master of Battle Meditation.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 08:42 AM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

He would be killed instantly by a thud bug.

You can't credit the win to only Luke and Jacen. Don't forget Ackbar, Wedge and all the other military commanders.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 12:47 PM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

How many Vong are there?

Let's say that there are 100 billion (this would be a decent number for a galactic war).

Even if Luke were to kill millions of Vong, it still would be proportionally insignificant. Him killing Shimrra and Onimi were important because those were the leaders, ie. it would be far more devastating if the Persians killed Alexander the Great than if they killed an extra 10,000 men.

Galen would have been very useful for special ops like missions/assassinations, but I'd still prefer Thrawn/Revan.

Now battle meditation would be very effective.

In the end however, having Archilles (the real one) on your side wouldn't be as effective as having Napoleon/Alexander/Hannibal/Ceasor.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 08:19 PM
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

How many Vong are there?

Let's say that there are 100 billion (this would be a decent number for a galactic war).

Even if Luke were to kill millions of Vong, it still would be proportionally insignificant. Him killing Shimrra and Onimi were important because those were the leaders, ie. it would be far more devastating if the Persians killed Alexander the Great than if they killed an extra 10,000 men.

Galen would have been very useful for special ops like missions/assassinations, but I'd still prefer Thrawn/Revan.

In the end however, having Archilles (the real one) on your side wouldn't be as effective as having Napoleon/Alexander/Hannibal/Ceasor.

If Luke killed 3 million, he would have killed all the clones at the beginning of the clone wars.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 08:22 PM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kotorfan
Fruity Darth

Originally posted by Slash_KMC
If Luke killed 3 million, he would have killed all the clones at the beginning of the clone wars.

QFT lol

and Galen would probably destroy Shimera and Omini by himself.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 10:26 PM
Click here to Send kotorfan a Private Message Find more posts by kotorfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

How many Vong are there?

Do you not understand what I said? The Jedi may not win the war all by their lonesome, but they're certainly symbolic. I know that if I were a common soldier, I'd feel a hell of a lot better knowing someone with god-like powers, capable of such impossible feats that Luke and Marek can pull, is on our side. The Jedi are important enough to meet with, influence, sway, run, and input their opinions and strategy on the upper echelons of power, right up to Fey'lya.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 10:28 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kotorfan
Fruity Darth

Do you not understand what I said? The Jedi may not win the war all by their lonesome, but they're certainly symbolic. I know that if I were a common soldier, I'd feel a hell of a lot better knowing someone with god-like powers, capable of such impossible feats that Luke and Marek can pull, is on our side. The Jedi are important enough to meet with, influence, sway, run, and input their opinions and strategy on the upper echelons of power, right up to Fey'lya.

QFT

Jedi raise soldier's morale.

曹操 FTW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cao_cao

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 11:28 PM
xxxpoppunker182

How many Vong are there?

Who said Galen would just kill the yv? He would be going on important missions with luke or jacen rather than just start hacking his way through the vong

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 07:01 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you not understand what I said? I agree that the Jedi are EXTREMELY important in the sense that they raise morale, can do stuff that armies can't (assassination), can be great tacticians (sometimes), sometimes know battle meditation etc. I just said that they aren't useful in sheer "they killed an extra 100000 dudes!!!"

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 08:24 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

@ poppunker:

That's exactly what I said:

How many Vong are there?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 08:25 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well Palpatine could solo fleets.......

Edit: your totally right though.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 08:26 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Well Palpatine could solo fleets.......

Edit: your totally right though.

And yet in KOTOR Bastilla and Revan and Carth together have a hard time with some random lion like creature.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 04:18 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Pics or it didn't happen.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 04:30 PM