KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Bane vs Sidious

Which wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Bane 9 32.14%
Sidious 19 67.86%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bane vs Sidious
Started by: Incanus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Incanus
Istari

Bane vs Sidious

Ok, feats CAN NOT be applied here. No saying that Sidious did a whole bunch of **** with the Clone Wars. We all know he did, it dosnt matter.
What im interested in, is how they explained their power in 1. lightsaber combat. 2. Force affinity. 3. A duel. Thats it, only those 3, no manipulations. AND NO SIDIOUS/BANE FANBOYISM

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 07:51 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Sidious=most powerful sith in history.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 08:19 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sidious wins, he according to several sources is the most powerful sith lord in history and has demonstrated more devastating dark side power.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:12 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Sidious wins, ifwhen Sidious breaks through Bane's saber defense a simple jolt of lightning, and Bane's out for the count.
Sidious has shown well simply epic Force feats and has a few saber feats to go with that.

I don't see Bane winning this.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 11:26 AM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
Sidious wins, he according to several sources is the most powerful sith lord in history

Power doesn't always equal a win, and it especially won't equal one here.

quote:
and has demonstrated more devastating dark side power.

I disagree, Bane has matched him in lightning and telekinetic powers. All Sidious has going for him is his mental powers, which Bane has in fact demonstrated a high level of resistance to.

quote:
Sidious wins, ifwhen Sidious breaks through Bane's saber defense

I disagree again. It will take alot for Sidious to trump Bane in pure blade-to-blade combat, seeing as Bane arguably has more skill in that area and has displayed comparable speed. The Orbalisks also ad a considerable advantage to Bane.

quote:
a simple jolt of lightning, and Bane's out for the count.

Not only has Sidious never displayed the ability to utilize lightning mid-combat, but it requires a hell of a lot to overcome Banes orbalisks- an excess of a million volts, so its doubtful Sidious could do so simply or without effort.

It really should be specified what Bane and Sidious this is. A Revenge Sidious would probably tie with A Rule of two Bane, but a Dark Empire Sidious would possibly edge it.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 02:54 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys

Yet the quote is backed up my NUMEROUS sources regarding his power.

quote:
I disagree, Bane has matched him in lightning and telekinetic powers. All Sidious has going for him is his mental powers, which Bane has in fact demonstrated a high level of resistance to.

While Bane DOES have nice force lightning abilities, they are hardly on par with Sidious'. Furthermore, Sidious owns Bane in force knowledge and techniques.

quote:
I disagree again. It will take alot for Sidious to trump Bane in pure blade-to-blade combat, seeing as Bane arguably has more skill in that area and has displayed comparable speed. The Orbalisks also ad a considerable advantage to Bane.

Arguably more skill? Still making up bullshit here Nebaris jr? Sidious WILL have a lot of trouble with Bane but judging from his fights with Mace and Yoda, while not picking up a blade for almost 13 years, he'll win this one.

quote:
Not only has Sidious never displayed the ability to utilize lightning mid-combat, but it requires a hell of a lot to overcome Banes orbalisks- an excess of a million volts, so its doubtful Sidious could do so simply or without effort.

Mid-combat? You mean when he sprayed Yoda on the senate pods? Bane might be ridiculously powerful but not enough to defeat Sidious.

quote:
It really should be specified what Bane and Sidious this is. A Revenge Sidious would probably tie with A Rule of two Bane, but a Dark Empire Sidious would possibly edge it.

A ROTS Sidious would win with much difficulty. A DE Sidious will win with little difficulty.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 03:44 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Nephthys
Either power, skill, or mastery does. Sidious has them all.

quote:

During Sidious' sithisis ritual he reduced a giant sith worm to ash with lightning (note: this was about months prior to ROTS). After Vader's fight with Maul, Sidious reduced three highly trained dark prophets to charred bone, at the same time, and using only one hand. While dying and unable to call upon his full power, Sidious was able to put Leia on her ass, mortally wound Brand (even protected with armor), and Instantly kill Rayf with lightning.

Sidious has also demonstrated great control over his lightning. He took out maybe over 40 stormtroopers with lightning, while controling the bolts to go around his royal guards.

Sidious was incredible with TK. Not only was he able to levitate and throw senate pods with great speed and ease, but he also ripped them out of durasteel restraints like ripping leaves from a tree. Sidious also disintigrated a lightsaber with the wave of his hand.

quote:
Prove Bane's skill is above Sidious'. Sidious did kill some four of the best swordsmen the jedi order ever produced, in seconds. He then went on to force Windu back, a jedi who was fast enough to land six blows to Vastor before Vastor could blink, and strong enough to tear battle droids with his bare hands. Don't forget that Sidious matched Yoda in speed and skill with the blade.

quote:
Far lesser beings have shown to utilize lightning in mid-combat, such as one of Krayts minions (her name's at the tip of my tongue), but you're telling me Sidious, who is a far more powerful and skilled user of the technique, could not?

While Bane can take an awful lot with his orbalisk, Sidious too can take a lot of blows. During his contest with Galen, Sidious took a full force explosion, and seemed to be unharmed by it. In DE Leia tried to kill Sidious by dropping a cooling unit on him, who "shrugged off the crushing impact of over a ton of machinery." Also during his fight with Windu, Sidious took the full affects of his own lightning without being weakened at all.

quote:
Both are superior to Bane.

Last edited by Dominis on Jul 21st, 2009 at 04:49 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 04:46 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Far lesser beings have shown to utilize lightning in mid-combat, such as one of Krayts minions (her name's at the tip of my tongue)

Darth Talon.

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
While Bane can take an awful lot with his orbalisk, Sidious too can take a lot of blows. During his contest with Galen, Sidious took a full force explosion, and seemed to be unharmed by it. In DE Leia tried to kill Sidious by dropping a cooling unit on him, who "shrugged off the crushing impact of over a ton of machinery."

Really? I haven't read DE for years, but I was under the impression that he stopped the cooling unit before it hit him.

Last edited by chilled monkey on Jul 21st, 2009 at 05:31 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 05:28 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Re: Bane vs Sidious

Originally posted by Incanus
Ok, feats CAN NOT be applied here.

How the heck can that work?

How are we supposed to debate any "vs." without providing examples of what each side can do?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 05:31 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

quote:
Really? I haven't read DE for years, but I was under the impression that he stopped the cooling unit before it hit him.
Well the DE handbook said he shrugged off the crushing impact, so i took it that it must of hit him. But to me, it looked like it disintigrated upon contact with his body.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 05:34 PM
Eminence
Boss

Re: Bane vs Sidious

Incanus
Ok, feats CAN NOT be applied here. No saying that Sidious did a whole bunch of **** with the Clone Wars. We all know he did, it dosnt matter.
What im interested in, is how they explained their power in 1. lightsaber combat. 2. Force affinity. 3. A duel. Thats it, only those 3, no manipulations. AND NO SIDIOUS/BANE FANBOYISM
no feats lol

1. bane wins because he is big and has armor and sidious is old and hasn't used a lightsaber in a really really long time

2. sidious is the most powerful sith evar the book says so

3. bane wins because he is big and has armor and sidious is powerful but i dont think he is more powerful than bane is big or armored

Basically, you make no ****ing sense.

quote:
SIDIOUS 66
Well the DE handbook said he shrugged off the crushing impact, so i took it that it must of hit him. But to me, it looked like it disintigrated upon contact with his body.
It looked to me like it broke apart when it made contact with his shield. That would also fit with the sourcebook's description of what happened.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 05:39 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Re: Re: Bane vs Sidious

Originally posted by chilled monkey

How are we supposed to debate any "vs." without providing examples of what each side can do?

by feats i mean as in manipulation of the Clone Wars,and making a galaxy spanning network of spies, etc. making srry about the confusion but thats what i ment. And what about Bane holding back an ECHANI jedi weapons master fighting Jar'Kai, which he can not effectivly counter, and another jedi master, and jedi knight, and all that after barely using a lightsaber after 20 YEARS. Bane is also like fighting a force of nature, he is incredibly strong in both the force and physically. He is also technically a perfect being. And no its not a feat to be the Sith'ari.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Last edited by Incanus on Jul 21st, 2009 at 05:52 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Bane vs Sidious

Originally posted by Incanus
by feats i mean as in manipulation of the Clone Wars, making a galxy network of spies. etc.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 05:51 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Lol kitty with a rubix cube. where did you get that? but Sidious 66 asked

Isil

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 06:03 PM
Dominis

Huh?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 06:05 PM
Incanus
Istari

You asked how we can do a vs forum without applying feats, i was alking a about Sidious manipulating the Clone Wars, Bane making a galaxy spanning network of spies, that stuff. I wanted like, combat feats posted, not other feats.

Isil

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 06:08 PM
Dominis

Never asked that.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 06:11 PM
Incanus
Istari

Re: Re: Bane vs Sidious

[QUOTE=12075396]Originally posted by chilled monkey

[/QUOTE

heres your post dude.

Isil

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 06:21 PM
Eminence
Boss

Chilled monkey = SIDIOUS 66?

DS, get off his account please.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 06:22 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

English please?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 06:24 PM