KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTS Obi Wan vs AOTC Obi Wan and Anakin

ROTS Obi Wan vs AOTC Obi Wan and Anakin
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

ROTS Obi Wan vs AOTC Obi Wan and Anakin

Setting: Same place that they dueled Dooku in AOTC

Rules: None

1. Sabers
2. Force
3. All out

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 11:10 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Duo after a duel lasting a millenia.
Duo
I'd go for the duo here.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 11:12 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

...2?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2009 12:39 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDaniel1001
Sith Mandalore

Episode 3 Obi-Wan wins here. He owned DS Anakin who was MUCH stronger then Count Dooku, who defeated the duo here. And he killed Grievous, who would have also beaten Episode 2 Obi-Wan and Anakin.

With Great Power, comes great responsibility
-Ben Parker

Old Post Sep 15th, 2009 08:21 PM
Click here to Send DarthDaniel1001 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDaniel1001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthDaniel1001
Episode 3 Obi-Wan wins here. He owned DS Anakin who was MUCH stronger then Count Dooku, who defeated the duo here. And he killed Grievous, who would have also beaten Episode 2 Obi-Wan and Anakin.
Sadly, no. He didn't "own" Anakin at all. He was being pushed back and back and got lucky that Anakin chose to do a stupid jump dues to not thinking clearly.

And as I recall, he didn't kill GG with a saber, but with a blaster. Yes he disarmed him... twice, but that's not how he met his end.

AOTC OB1 is only 3 years behind his ROTS so he's rather proficient in the same form. Adding in Anakin, who did much better against Dooku than OB1 in AoTC, is just going to be too much for RoTS OB1.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Sep 15th, 2009 09:05 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

but he did win the duel against Anakin if I remember correctly.

Seriously, did you go read Chapt 7 of ROTS. If you don't think better of obi after that, i don't know what else to say to ya . ( =

Old Post Sep 16th, 2009 12:42 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

Ok, when Anakin wasn't in his normal mind state, which was the cause of his loss. Had he been, as people refer to as, in the zone, he would have mauled OB1 and it would have been game over. Plus... with the story written in reverse, they didn't have much choice other than to do it that way. erm

Did I read it? Why, it said, "OB1 proceeds to PWN DS Anakin!" No, I don't think so.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2009 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I think we came to a conclusion that there are 4 kinds of RotS Anakin:

1.) Light Side Jedi Anakin--the weakest one.
2.) Moody, kinda pissed Anakin--the one that gave Dooku a run up until he (Dooku) employed Dun Moch.
3.) "Teh Z0ne" Anakin--the most focused and, frankly, dangerous Anakin.
4.) Dark Side Anakin--the most powerful of Anakins, but his lack of focus is something to be capitalized upon, which is what Kenobi did, according to the novel.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2009 04:03 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I think we came to a conclusion that there are 4 kinds of RotS Anakin:

1.) Light Side Jedi Anakin--the weakest one.
2.) Moody, kinda pissed Anakin--the one that gave Dooku a run up until he (Dooku) employed Dun Moch.
3.) "Teh Z0ne" Anakin--the most focused and, frankly, dangerous Anakin.
4.) Dark Side Anakin--the most powerful of Anakins, but his lack of focus is something to be capitalized upon, which is what Kenobi did, according to the novel.

There is only one RotS Anakin with separate states of mind, perhaps. Anakin "in the zone" is focusing his rage and well of emotions onto his opponent. He's technically using the dark side, but maintaining a clarity of mind by controlling the emotions. That means the state Anakin was in when he killed Dooku is what we see against Cin Drallig, for example. That's why he tools him. This is how Sith Lords fight; rather than their rage making them mindless berserkers a la Mustafar.

On Mustafar, Anakin was an emotional wreck. This was the first chance he got to actually think about what he's done (killing children, his Jedi brothers, and abandoning everything he knew up to that point). Notice how he is crying in that one scene? Anakin was absolutely mentally unstable by the time of his duel with Kenobi. He ends up hurting the one he turned to the dark side for, because his mind was warped at that point. Unlike against Count Dooku, he could not control himself.

Edit: With that, I'd say "Light side Anakin" is the same as number two, and "in the zone" is the same as "Dark side Anakin". What we saw against Obi-Wan had to do with the plot catching up to the character.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Last edited by Advent on Sep 17th, 2009 at 04:27 AM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2009 04:22 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

its easier to just call him "eyeliner anakin", or "thriller anakin" when hes in that state.

http://destroyerbeat.files.wordpres..._darthvader.jpg

erm

in any case i think RotS obiwan could definitely take this through sheer attrition. plus he knows anakin well enough to mindrape him into doing something stupid.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2009 04:30 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Advent
There is only one RotS Anakin with separate states of mind, perhaps.
Yeah, that's... what I was implying.

Originally posted by Advent
Anakin "in the zone" is focusing his rage and well of emotions onto his opponent. He's technically using the dark side, but maintaining a clarity of mind by controlling the emotions. That means the state Anakin was in when he killed Dooku is what we see against Cin Drallig, for example. That's why he tools him. This is how Sith Lords fight; rather than their rage making them mindless berserkers a la Mustafar.

On Mustafar, Anakin was an emotional wreck. This was the first chance he got to actually think about what he's done (killing children, his Jedi brothers, and abandoning everything he knew up to that point). Notice how he is crying in that one scene? Anakin was absolutely mentally unstable by the time of his duel with Kenobi. He ends up hurting the one he turned to the dark side for, because his mind was warped at that point. Unlike against Count Dooku, he could not control himself.

Edit: With that, I'd say "Light side Anakin" is the same as number two, and "in the zone" is the same as "Dark side Anakin". What we saw against Obi-Wan had to do with the plot catching up to the character.
I based my ranking from my assessment of the RotS duels in the novel. IIRC, after Kenobi was downed by Dooku, "Moody Anakin" emerged and started rivaling Dooku, even winning. Then Dooku used Dun Moch and in Dooku's words he went from having the edge to losing. Then of course "tEh Z0ne Anakin" came about and defeated Dooku. Following this on Mustafar was Dark Side Anakin that was all crazy-pants.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2009 04:36 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Obi Wan is probably about evenly matched with Anakin as of ROTS, right?

But has he developed his power sufficiently do defeat his AOTC self and the AOTC Anakin?

Oh, and Anakin's power fluctuates a lot in the movie. Apparently his state of mind really affects him. But if "in the zone" Anakin is fighting like Sith do, then that must mean that sith are far more powerful than jedi, which doesn't seem to be always true.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2009 07:25 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Obi Wan is probably about evenly matched with Anakin as of ROTS, right?
In raw strength and power? No. In saber skills? It depends on what one considers skill. Powerhouse expert on Djem So vs. the prodigy of Soresu. "This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object."

Oh, and Anakin's power fluctuates a lot in the movie. Apparently his state of mind really affects him. But if "in the zone" Anakin is fighting like Sith do, then that must mean that sith are far more powerful than jedi, which doesn't seem to be always true.
That's generalizing. We've seen Jedi more powerful than Sith and vice versa. Individuals.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2009 11:43 PM
Darth Subjekt

LOVE that Dark Knight line... so true for this instance.

The darkside is more powerful in the sense that it's a destructive force and all it's energies are being thrust outwad onto it's opponent. That being said, it's also a self destructing power so it can hurt the practitioner in the long run.

When Anakin uses his emotions and such, it's no different than what Luke teaches his NJO, so I don't know if we can call him DS Anakin. Yes he's using negative emotions, but he's funneling them into a positive outlet, i.e. fighting a Sith Lord. Which is, in essence, no different than Mace using Vaapad. He's not letting the darkside overtake him and control him, as he is in total control at all times.

It is that incarnation of Anakin that I believe can take almost anyone he faces. Not in force attacks, but he could likely overwhelm them before they could use the force.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 02:03 PM
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

1. ROTS Obi Wan The complete master of Soresu at this time, he is much better then his younger self and Anakin, he would hold both of them off until someone of the duo(most likely Anakin) would make a mistake and take him out and then proceed to defeat the other one.

2. ROTS Obi Wan is the most powerful, but none of the combatants have the offensive powers to easily defeat the other team. So the question is, could the duo together overcome ROTS Kenobis mastery of the Force? I would give a slighter edge to the duo.

3. ROTS Kenobi Wit his superior saber skills and being a smarter fighter, would win this.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 09:30 PM
Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

Sorry, can't agree. There's nothing to suggest that ROTS OB1 is more powerful than Anakin. By AOTC he was already stated as being able to do things that no one else could do. Being that OB1 was already getting older, I doubt he would grow in power that much in three years. More mastery of it, sure, but not more powerful. I don't see how a solo OB1 could win this. Anakin would have near endless power reserves and along with AoTC OB1, would eventually wear down his defenses.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 04:05 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Obi Wan would be like "ok...we take him together. you go in..." But Anakin wouldn't listen and would rush in and do a flip over Obi Wan, only to get chopped into pieces. AOTC Obi Wan would get tooled just like got tooled by Dooku, and then ROTS Obi Wan would get tooled by Yoda.

Seriously, if Obi Wan could block Grevious's 20 strikes a second, then he could probably block the two's strikes.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 04:42 PM
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Sorry, can't agree. There's nothing to suggest that ROTS OB1 is more powerful than Anakin. By AOTC he was already stated as being able to do things that no one else could do. Being that OB1 was already getting older, I doubt he would grow in power that much in three years. More mastery of it, sure, but not more powerful. I don't see how a solo OB1 could win this. Anakin would have near endless power reserves and along with AoTC OB1, would eventually wear down his defenses.

Just for the record, we are talking about ROTS Kenobi and AOTC Anakin right?

Well would you agree that ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan are about the same level in Force mastery, because whet they Forced pushed each other on Mustafar, they were about equal. And surely you would agree that ROTS Anakin>AOTC Anakin.
The problem with Obi-Wan he lacks offensive powers, just like Anakin and his younger version does, so the fight would go to sabers.
And i am not saying Obi-Wan would trash the duo immediately, but he would set it up, to first take one out and then proceed to take the the remaining person out as well. He would just wait for Anakin to make a mistake, because Anakin from AOTC is very reckless and head strong, he would make a mistake eventually.
Another advantage for ROTS Kenobi is, that he knows about everything about Anakin and his former self, whole the duo, doesn't know that much about the future Kenobi, not to mention he is much more experienced(3 years of war), calmed, smarter fighter...
And Anakins endless power reserve, is kind off a non factor, because Kenobi would force Anakin to make a mistake, he would utilize, before he would get tired.

Sure Anakin By AOTC was stated as being able to do things that no one else could do, but that is only compared to his peers, not generally, are you saying that people like Yoda and Mace, couldn't do what Anakin could?(except for Anakins flying ability).

How do you know he(Kenobi) didn't grow in power by a huge amount, i doubt he hit his maximum potential by AOTC?
Dooku improved by a considerable margin in his 70s, Mace made a huge leap from TPM to AOTC and he was older then Kenobi.
I would think that 3 years of constant fighting, would improve your skill considerably. Before he was doing just diplomatic missions and training and then he was fighting constantly to stays alive for 3 years.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 05:22 PM
Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by DarthDaniel1001

eek!
Worst case of ABC logic I have ever seen. You are claiming that ROTS Obi-Wan will win because he beat a guy, who beat Dooku, who beat the team. BUT ROTS Obi-Wan was thrashed by Dooku... SO clearly your "argument" fails.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 11:59 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

Obi Wan would be like "ok...we take him together. you go in..." But Anakin wouldn't listen and would rush in and do a flip over Obi Wan, only to get chopped into pieces. AOTC Obi Wan would get tooled just like got tooled by Dooku, and then ROTS Obi Wan would get tooled by Yoda.

Seriously, if Obi Wan could block Grevious's 20 strikes a second, then he could probably block the two's strikes.
Right, because Anakin would react the same way to OB1 as he did to a former Jedi turned Sith who just killed a bunch of Jedi... yea, that makes sense.

Originally posted by Count Makashi
Just for the record, we are talking about ROTS Kenobi and AOTC Anakin right?

Well would you agree that ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan are about the same level in Force mastery, because whet they Forced pushed each other on Mustafar, they were about equal. And surely you would agree that ROTS Anakin>AOTC Anakin.
The problem with Obi-Wan he lacks offensive powers, just like Anakin and his younger version does, so the fight would go to sabers.
And i am not saying Obi-Wan would trash the duo immediately, but he would set it up, to first take one out and then proceed to take the the remaining person out as well. He would just wait for Anakin to make a mistake, because Anakin from AOTC is very reckless and head strong, he would make a mistake eventually.
Another advantage for ROTS Kenobi is, that he knows about everything about Anakin and his former self, whole the duo, doesn't know that much about the future Kenobi, not to mention he is much more experienced(3 years of war), calmed, smarter fighter...
And Anakins endless power reserve, is kind off a non factor, because Kenobi would force Anakin to make a mistake, he would utilize, before he would get tired.

Sure Anakin By AOTC was stated as being able to do things that no one else could do, but that is only compared to his peers, not generally, are you saying that people like Yoda and Mace, couldn't do what Anakin could?(except for Anakins flying ability).

How do you know he(Kenobi) didn't grow in power by a huge amount, i doubt he hit his maximum potential by AOTC?
Dooku improved by a considerable margin in his 70s, Mace made a huge leap from TPM to AOTC and he was older then Kenobi.
I would think that 3 years of constant fighting, would improve your skill considerably. Before he was doing just diplomatic missions and training and then he was fighting constantly to stays alive for 3 years.
No. Just because they had a stalemate with ONE move doesn't mean they're equals. Per Lucas, at the time of ROTS, Anakin is the most powerful. Yes he lacks mastery and control at times, but he is still superior to OB1. Now, is ROTS OB1's mastery of the force greater than AOTC Anakin's? Sure. But that's also from a "Jedi" point of view. If Anakin were to give into his emotions like he did with the tuskens and later, Dooku, then I'm sure he could find some ways to launch some offensive force attacks.

I just think that together, they would overwhelm OB1. It won't be fast, but they will get him. Look how Anakin affected Dooku after their duel via his labored breathing. ROTS OB1 couldn't even do that. People tend to underestimate Anakin around here becase of Hayden's acting and Lucas' writing.

First, there was a 10 year gap for Dooku to improve, and Dooku, by nature, is quite a bit higher than OB1. There was only 3 years between AOTC and ROTS and we've seen nothing from Kenobi to suggest he's a beast with the force. Just some low grade telekinesis. Yes his saber skill enhanced, but to what extent? Couldn't be that much in three years compared to the first 10 that he started studying it after realizing that QGJ's form was lacking.

And yes, fighting for that long would make you better, but you can only go as far as your natural potential can take you. He didn't become THE master of Soresu during ROTS, which means he obtained that goal during the Clone Wars, which for us, could be a few weeks after AOTC for all we know. Even still, the power gap for OB1 wouldn't be that great or anywhere near the level of that of Anakin.

On a side note, Dooku had just quit the Order around the time of TPM and was said to have become a more powerful Sith once giving into the Darkside, which would attribute to his exponential power gain over that 10 year span. Well that and training under the most powerful Sith Lord ever...

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 01:19 AM