KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Ultimate Fight

The Ultimate Fight
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Lukes for the easy win 3 60.00%
The Lukes 2 40.00%
Yoda's Team 0 0%
Yoda's Team dominates 0 0%
Total: 5 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Ultimate Fight
Started by: DarthDaniel1001

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthDaniel1001
Sith Mandalore

The Ultimate Fight

LOtF Luke and NJO Luke Vs. Galen Marek, Yoda, and Russan Bane
Setting: Geonosis

With Great Power, comes great responsibility
-Ben Parker

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 08:46 PM
Click here to Send DarthDaniel1001 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDaniel1001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Um, no offense or anything, but how is this the "ultimate fight"?

Dunno much about Galen, team 1 might win.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 09:04 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDaniel1001
Sith Mandalore

Wouldn't you call a fight involving the 2 most powerful Jedi in history (one with 2 versions), I guy who brought down a Star Destroyer, and the Sith'ari a pretty epic fight?

-Ben Parker

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 09:08 PM
Click here to Send DarthDaniel1001 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDaniel1001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

First off, has it been proved that Bane is the Sith'ari, or is that Nebaris bullshit?

In any case, Luke(s) mop up here. He's a beast in both incarnations here, and both Yoda and Starkiller failed to kill the Emperor, so I wouldn't either of them close to his level. Luke has fought a Palpatine much stronger than that of ROTS Sidious.

Luke FTW.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

he didn't bring down the star freaking destroyer. geez. I'm getting sick of repeating myself. he redirected one that was already falling. Gravity brought it down. He, in essence, shoved it sideways. Still impressive, but not nearly as so as you would like to pretend.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 09:22 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

Care to prove that? In the game they say, "Rip that star destroyer out of the sky!!" The ship was flying and still sending TIE's out of it.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDaniel1001
Sith Mandalore

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
First off, has it been proved that Bane is the Sith'ari, or is that Nebaris bullshit?

In any case, Luke(s) mop up here. He's a beast in both incarnations here, and both Yoda and Starkiller failed to kill the Emperor, so I wouldn't either of them close to his level. Luke has fought a Palpatine much stronger than that of ROTS Sidious.

Luke FTW.

Galen Marek would have killed the Emperor but he chose not to kill him because he would go back down the dark side if he did. As for Yoda, he and Sidious are even. Yoda did NOT lose, it was a draw.

Here's what I think:
Yoda can hold off LOtF Luke while Galen Marek and Bane (who IS the Sith'ari) gang up on NJO Luke. That fight could go either way, with the slight edge to Luke. If Luke wins, he helps his future self defeat Yoda. If he loses...then Yoda and friends gang up on Luke who, as good as he is, is probably not going to be beating those 3 by himself. Especially considering that Caedus really roughed him up.

-Ben Parker

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 09:28 PM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Care to prove that? In the game they say, "Rip that star destroyer out of the sky!!" The ship was flying and still sending TIE's out of it.

General Rahm Kota: What's going on out there, boy?
Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice: One of the Star Destroyers is headed right for me. I've got to get out of here.
General Rahm Kota: You'll never get clear in time! You need to pull it into the cannon.
Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice: What? You're insane! It's massive!
General Rahm Kota: You're a Jedi, boy! Size means nothing to you. Reach out with the Force and grab that ship, or you will die on this trash heap!

This indicates that it was already falling he just changed the angle to a steeper one.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 09:46 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

That's an interesting analysis, but an incorrect one. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you've played the game. I'm also going to assume that you didn't pass that mission the first time. In doing so (rather, in not doing so) you'd notice that when you don't have a good grip on it, the nose lifts and turns to either side to sit stationary and release TIEs and possibly cannon bombardment. Now, that would not be the case if it was already falling.

Headed right for me doesn't mean that its falling. If so, you just move and you're out of harm's way. Headed right for me more likely means that it is being flown at him or to him. Just like if someone was trying to run you over with a car, you'd say, he's headed right for me.

Also, "Grab that ship" means just that. Grab it and pull it to you. How often do you "grab" something by just changing it's direction? You don't. If a frisbee is coming at you, you don't grab it and make it hit the ground. You block it with your hand and then it hits the ground.

I really don't see why that's hard to grasp.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 09:56 PM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

I understand perfectly where your coming from, those lines game from the game. Yes i have the game, Yes i did do it first try, since the only way you can die is via Tie Fighter iirc. He's just changing the direction it's heading using the Force. Your frisbee analogy doesn't work because a frisbee wouldn't crush you and it's easy to get out of the way of. If a jet was crash landing towards you and you couldn't get out of the way. (If you could) You'd use the Force to bring it down quicker/at an angle so that it crashes in front of you and doesn't reach you, you'd still have to grab it. I don't have the novel. Since there not making a film. Whatever the novel says is canon over the in game dialogue.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 10:43 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

It makes perfect sense and does work, because the SD is not crash landing. How many things can crash land and still pull up and to the left? None. And given the amount of time that he stands there trying to "rip that star destroyer out of the sky," there's plenty of time for him to just move. Google "force unleashed star destroyer" and everything that comes up talks about "killing" a SD and "ripping it out of the sky." NOTHING says that it's crash landing.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 10:52 PM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

So your basing canon on game mechanics? I'm just saying what the transcript from the game indicates and what a possible interpretation is. I would prefer if he DID rip it out the sky but the actualy gameplay for that bit made me drink... alot.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 11:05 PM
Darth Subjekt

Well... he did, so....

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 11:07 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Anybody got a book quote?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 12:05 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

That's an interesting analysis, but an incorrect one. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you've played the game. I'm also going to assume that you didn't pass that mission the first time. In doing so (rather, in not doing so) you'd notice that when you don't have a good grip on it, the nose lifts and turns to either side to sit stationary and release TIEs and possibly cannon bombardment. Now, that would not be the case if it was already falling.

Headed right for me doesn't mean that its falling. If so, you just move and you're out of harm's way. Headed right for me more likely means that it is being flown at him or to him. Just like if someone was trying to run you over with a car, you'd say, he's headed right for me.

Also, "Grab that ship" means just that. Grab it and pull it to you. How often do you "grab" something by just changing it's direction? You don't. If a frisbee is coming at you, you don't grab it and make it hit the ground. You block it with your hand and then it hits the ground.

I really don't see why that's hard to grasp.

um.... actually, his analysis that you dismissed so casually was a quote. Pg. 235, TFU novel.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 12:05 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by truejedi
um.... actually, his analysis that you dismissed so casually was a quote. Pg. 235, TFU novel.
That was the actual novel quote? I'm suprised.
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Anybody got a book quote?
I accidentally delivered it.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 12:07 AM
truejedi

It makes perfect sense and does work, because the SD is not crash landing. How many things can crash land and still pull up and to the left? None. And given the amount of time that he stands there trying to "rip that star destroyer out of the sky," there's plenty of time for him to just move. Google "force unleashed star destroyer" and everything that comes up talks about "killing" a SD and "ripping it out of the sky." NOTHING says that it's crash landing.

its is crashlanding:

Pg. 234"That Star Destroyer is coming down fast. You'll never get clear in time. You need to pull it into the cannon."

No question it was falling on its own. How much he affected its fall is the only thing that can be argued.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 12:07 AM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Was that from the book?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 12:08 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

where else would it be from? What other page 234?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 12:08 AM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Those interested in SW:R Need to contribute ideas to the Maw as Gideon is taking a thinking sabattical at the moment.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 12:10 AM