KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Scimitar vs Executor

Scimitar vs Executor
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Scimitar vs Executor

One of the most powerful Star Trek ships vs one of the most powerful warships in the Empire. Who wins?

War Doctor

Old Post Dec 30th, 2009 01:28 AM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Can someone provide some details on the Scimitar? Preferably before this is closed.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2009 02:59 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Scimitar:

Length: 890 meters
Beam: 1350 meters
Speed: At least Warp 9.7
Armament: 52 pulse disruptor cannons;
27 photon torpedo launchers;
thalaron radiation emitters
Defenses: Primary and secondary shields;
*advanced cloaking device (considered "perfect")

War Doctor

Old Post Dec 30th, 2009 03:05 AM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Doing 40 seconds of research I came to this conclusion:

Worf (I think) said that it would take the entire payload of photon torpedoes on the Enterprise to destroy an asteroid (of unknown size to me). 250 photon torpedoes on board.

Imperial-class Destroyers were blasting asteroids apart like burst bubbles. In some comic I think it was, three ISSs emerged from hyperspace and slammed right in to the Executor. They were all vaporized.

Yeah.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2009 09:31 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

...thats one helluva ship stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 30th, 2009 10:58 AM
Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Axle

Yeah, Executor wins. The Scimatar was definitely one of the most dangerous ships in Trekverse, but wouldn't be able to stand up against the firepower of the Executor.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2009 02:31 PM
Click here to Send Axle a Private Message Find more posts by Axle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Axle

Sorry, 'Scimitar', not 'Scimatar'.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2009 02:33 PM
Click here to Send Axle a Private Message Find more posts by Axle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cherrypieluva50
General Kota

Doing 10 seconds of research, all based off of luciens post,

Executor FTW

Old Post Dec 30th, 2009 06:01 PM
Click here to Send cherrypieluva50 a Private Message Find more posts by cherrypieluva50 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Hit up stardestroyer.net

Star Wars ships RAPE all Star Trek ones.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:43 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Samurai100

Definetly Executor

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 07:05 AM
Click here to Send Samurai100 a Private Message Find more posts by Samurai100 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Doing 40 seconds of research I came to this conclusion:

Worf (I think) said that it would take the entire payload of photon torpedoes on the Enterprise to destroy an asteroid (of unknown size to me). 250 photon torpedoes on board.

Imperial-class Destroyers were blasting asteroids apart like burst bubbles. In some comic I think it was, three ISSs emerged from hyperspace and slammed right in to the Executor. They were all vaporized.

Yeah.

I think you're thinking of when Riker said something similar in The Pegasus. The only reason they couldn't blast apart the asteroid that episode is because it would have negated the entire episode. It's like why doesn't Flash cold cock all his enemies the split second their image hits his eye

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 03:10 AM
Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Well whatever the writer's reasons for giving that bit of information, it holds.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 09:39 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

I'm going with Trek here. This is the Romulan win button, isn't it? The one where their missiles killed time or something? This word was the reason I gave up the thread in the Trek forum.

Yeah. The Executor is outranged, outgunned (?) and outmaneuvered. erm

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 09:47 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

That ship can do THAT? Well f*ck that then. A ship that can kill time beats everything.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 09:52 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
I'm going with Trek here. This is the Romulan win button, isn't it? The one where their missiles killed time or something? This word was the reason I gave up the thread in the Trek forum.

Yeah. The Executor is outranged, outgunned (?) and outmaneuvered. erm

Out ranged yes. But I think you're thinking of the Krenim timeship. The Scimitar is the one with the radiation weapon that can wipe out planets but it takes 7 minutes to deploy it.

I think the Executor has enough turbolasers to blast out in all directions to get a hit on the cloak/shields or the Scimitar in order to find it. Although all the Scimitar needs to do is keep moving while cloaked and while charging up the weapon then fire it while still cloaked.

Depends on whether the Executor can find/hit, track and then fire all it's weapons on the Scimitar to destroy it before it fires the Thaleron weapon.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 10:00 PM
Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Krenim_weapon_ship

This was it.

Instead, look at this:
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Scimitar

This is the information for the on topicness.

But more importantly: omfg timegun.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Dude. A time-gun. I gotta start getting in to Star Trek.

But anyhoo. The problem for the Executor will be finding the Scimitar. I don't think they ever tell us exactly how Star Wars sensors operate. I've never heard of them tracking tachyons or "residual anti-protons" so there's no way of telling if they can or can't find them. If it does find them though, the Executor will win.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 10:30 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

We do know that 'wars has cloaking devices ("No ship that small has a cloaking device!"). Surely they've developed some sort of countermeasure.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 10:32 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I remember asking about them, or reading about them, and they worked both ways. You couldn't see the ship but the ship couldn't see out. I don't know if that has has changed or if I just have bad information in my head.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

i remember that i think it was in the thrawn duology?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 11:50 PM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote