KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » RoTs Anakin vs Darth Malgus

RoTs Anakin vs Darth Malgus
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

RoTs Anakin vs Darth Malgus

Instead of the Clone Wars, the Sith Empire invades Republic space. The leadership is spearheaded by Darth Malgus. The Sith attack the Jedi Temple and Malgus faces Anakin. Who wins this battle?

The new song for Anakin: http://youtu.be/sR-ZBWzxfkI

War Doctor

Old Post Dec 29th, 2011 05:57 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

This is so unfair. Darth Malgus as of Deceived would utterly rape Anakin. Hell, I bet he'd be a tough match for Mace or Dooku.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 04:54 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Malgus would destroy Anakin.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 03:55 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Anakin goes into teh zone and whoops him.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 04:08 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Malgus can go into similar mental state too. Using clarity and rage as a weapon.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 04:55 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

That's what all dark siders use as a weapon.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Not like this:

He resided in the calm eye of a storm of hate. Power churned around him, within him. He did not feel as if he were drawing on the Force, using it. He felt as if he were the Force, as if he had merged with it.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 05:00 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

No, that sounds like just about every darksider harnessing their rage ever.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 05:01 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
No, that sounds like just about every darksider harnessing their rage ever.

Prove your assumption by giving a similar example.

He did not feel as if he were drawing on the Force, using it. He felt as if he were the Force, as if he had merged with it.

You know what this means?

This is state of oneness with the Force.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 05:03 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Malgus can go into similar mental state too. Using clarity and rage as a weapon.

You say that like it matters.

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Prove your assumption by giving a similar example.

He did not feel as if he were drawing on the Force, using it. He felt as if he were the Force, as if he had merged with it.

You know what this means?

This is state of oneness with the Force.

I doubt it. Obi-Wan does the same thing in RotS. I think its implied that he always fights like that.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jan 7th, 2012 at 05:19 PM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 05:14 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
This is how a great Jedi makes war.

General Grievous lifted the two lightsabers, one in each duranium hand, to admire them by the light of turbolaser blasts outside, and said, "Rare trophies, these: the weapon of Anakin Skywalker, and the weapon of General Kenobi. I look forward to adding them to my collection."

"That will not happen. I am in control here." The reply came through Obi-Wan's lips, but it was not truly Obi-Wan who spoke. Obi-Wan was not in control; he had no need for control. He had the Force.

It was the Force that spoke through him. Grievous stalked forward. Obi-Wan saw death in the cold yellow stare through the skull-mask's eyeholes, and it meant nothing to him at all.

There was no death. There was only the Force. He didn't have to tell Anakin to subtly nudge Chancellor Palpatine out of the line of fire; part of him was Anakin, and was doing this already. He didn't have to tell R2-D2 to access its combat subprograms and divert power to its booster rockets, claw-arm, and cable-gun; the part of him that was the little astromech had seen to all these things before they had even entered the bridge.

Grievous towered over him. "So confident you are, Kenobi."

"Not confident, merely calm." From so close, Obi-Wan could see the hairline cracks and pitting in the bone-pale mask and could feel the resonance of the general's electrosonic voice humming in his chest. He remembered the Question of Master Jrul: What is the good, if not the teacher of the bad? What is the bad if not the task of the good?

He said, "We can resolve this situation without further violence. I am willing to accept your surrender."

"I'm sure you are." The skull-mask tilted inquisitively. "Does this preposterous I-will-accept-your-surrender line of yours ever actually work?"

"Sometimes. When it doesn't, people get hurt. Sometimes they die." Obi-Wan's blue-gray eyes met squarely those of yellow behind the mask. "By people, in this case, you should understand that I mean you."

"I understand enough. I understand that I will kill you." Grievous threw back his cloak and ignited both lightsabers. "Here. Now. With your own blade."

The Force replied through Obi-Wan's lips, "I don't think so."

The electrodrivers that powered Grievous's limbs could move them faster than the human eye can see; when he swung his arm, it and his fist and the lightsaber within it would literally vanish: wiped from existence by sheer mind-numbing speed, an imitation quantum event. No human being could move remotely as fast as Grievous, not even Obi-Wan-but he didn't have to.

In the Force, part of him was Grievous's intent to slaughter, and the surge from intent to action translated to Obi-Wan's response without thought. He had no need for a plan, no use for tactics.

He had the Force.

That sparkling waterfall coursed through him, washing away any thought of danger, or safety, of winning or losing. The Force, like water, takes on the shape of its container without effort, without thought. The water that was Obi-Wan poured itself into the container that was Grievous's attack, and while some materials might be water-tight, Obi-Wan had yet to encounter any that were entirely, as it were, Force-tight . . .

While the intent to swing was still forming in Grievous's mind, the part of the Force that was Obi-Wan was also the part of the Force that was R2-D2, as well as an internal fusion-welder Anakin had retrofitted into R2-D2's primary grappling arm, and so there was no need for actual communication between them; it was only Obi-Wan's personal sense of style that brought his customary gentle smile to his face and his customary gentle murmur to his lips. "Artoo?"

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 05:45 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nothing about Anakin puts him on the same level, or even close to Malgus, as far as the force goes.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 07:56 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The same thing could be said about Dooku.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 08:42 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not sure how dooku's saber prowess or failings against Anakin apply here.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 08:46 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

If Anakin goes super sayian then Malgus has as much chance as Dooku did.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 09:04 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Nephthys
If Anakin goes super sayian then Malgus has as much chance as Dooku did.

The problem with this argument is that it assumes heavily that all fights will go exactly as did the RotS one against Dooku. It ignores the fact that Dooku was toying with Anakin, helping the young Jedi build his rage, and that he ultimately underestimated him.

Having read Deceived, I have a profound respect for Malgus and his level of power. The things he is capable of at that point far outstrip anything RotS Anakin has done. Just to cover some specifics:

1. Malgus is over two meters tall, pure muscle, and routinely does feats of strength which surpass Anakin's. Perhaps even Vader's.

2. He's shown the ability to use TK on a superior level, such as his shockwave attack (similar to Starkiller).

3. He's incredibly fast for all his size and strength. While Aryn Veneer was faster (because she ****ing rules), ultimately both Force users were blurs to Zeerid.

4. When he was done toying with Aryn Veneer, the lightning he smote her with was pretty much unblockable and knocked her unconscious.

5. He utterly destroyed Jedi Master Zallow and Sith Lord Adraas with contemptuous ease.

Really, like I said I have a new profound respect for him. The only rivals he'd have in the PT era would be Mace and Yoda, and maybe Dooku and Palpatine. Barely on those two.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 01:13 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EdgeOfTheMoment
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Stealth Moose
It ignores the fact that Dooku was toying with Anakin, helping the young Jedi build his rage, and that he ultimately underestimated him.

Have you any evidence to indicate that the Count was "toying with Anakin" beyond the issuing of taunts? Darth Sidious elicited what are best described as contemptuous cackles to Yoda many times during their duel, would you regard that as a sign that the Emperor was restraining himself?

quote:
Stealth Moose
Having read Deceived, I have a profound respect for Malgus and his level of power. The things he is capable of at that point far outstrip anything RotS Anakin has done. Just to cover some specifics:

1. Malgus is over two meters tall, pure muscle, and routinely does feats of strength which surpass Anakin's. Perhaps even Vader's.

2. He's shown the ability to use TK on a superior level, such as his shockwave attack (similar to Starkiller).

3. He's incredibly fast for all his size and strength. While Aryn Veneer was faster (because she ****ing rules), ultimately both Force users were blurs to Zeerid.

4. When he was done toying with Aryn Veneer, the lightning he smote her with was pretty much unblockable and knocked her unconscious.

5. He utterly destroyed Jedi Master Zallow and Sith Lord Adraas with contemptuous ease.

Really, like I said I have a new profound respect for him. The only rivals he'd have in the PT era would be Mace and Yoda, and maybe Dooku and Palpatine. Barely on those two.

Would you mind providing the relevant text for these feats? Otherwise, I'm not sure why any of us should be impressed.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 01:48 AM
Click here to Send EdgeOfTheMoment a Private Message Find more posts by EdgeOfTheMoment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's more than enough to put Malgus firmly above Anakin. And that includes Anakin's one "super" feat.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 02:28 AM
EdgeOfTheMoment
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
There's more than enough to put Malgus firmly above Anakin. And that includes Anakin's one "super" feat.

When I say "text", what I mean is text from the relevant source material, not other posters. I should have clarified, I apologize. Stealth Moose made some very tall claims without any foundation.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 02:40 AM
Click here to Send EdgeOfTheMoment a Private Message Find more posts by EdgeOfTheMoment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Stealth Moose

I doubt it. Anakin has his cybernetic hand, which is capable to tearing apart battledroids. Also Anakin in the zone was able to physically overpower Dooku, who is able to comfortably block General Grievous' strikes with one hand. And GG is strong enough to punch dents in starship hulls.

Anakin in the zone was able to telekinetically manhandle the Son and Daughter, who according to ares were "more powerful with the force that any Jedi have seen before."

The narration of RotS calls Anakin the fastest Jedi of his generation.

And I'm sure that because she couldn't block it noone else could either.

Good for him.

Dooku would defeat him imo. At least thats the way my discussion on the matter with LeGeND went.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 03:07 AM