KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Vader vs Mace Windu

Darth Vader vs Mace Windu
Started by: NewGuy01

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

Darth Vader vs Mace Windu

Vader's feats:

-Killed countless Jedi
-Brought down a cathedral with the Force
-Fought evenly with Galen Marek
-Was stated to be 80% of Darth Sidious's power
-Defeated an elder Obi-Wan Kenobi

Mace's feats:

-Was considered to be on par with Count Dooku and Yoda as a duelist
-Destroyed armies of droids with the Force
-Was stated to be the 2nd greatest PT Jedi
-Defeated Darth Sidious
-Stalemated Boba Fett

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 01:30 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I'm voting Mace, basically because of his unfair Vaapad blitz lol.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 01:31 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Mace Windu takes this. OT Vader is overrated.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 02:09 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

How so? I personally believe he is widely underrated.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 02:23 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

In a force battle, Vader would dominate Mace.

Put a lightsaber in Mace's hand, however, and Vader gets trounced. Hard.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 03:40 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I think you underestimate Maces force powers. :/

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 05:18 AM
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Either Mace is able to resist Vader's Force powers and wins after difficult saber fights or Vader takes the better of him with his TK and strong lightsaber strikes.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 05:37 AM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
axel_jovan
Looking around.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
In a force battle, Vader would dominate Mace.

Put a lightsaber in Mace's hand, however, and Vader gets trounced. Hard.

^ Pretty much this.

Though Mace is no pushover in the Force....actually I agree with NewGuy01, Mace seems to be underrated in the Force.

Oh, and agreed on OT Vader, he's better than he is usually given credit.

Last edited by axel_jovan on Mar 7th, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 10:29 AM
Click here to Send axel_jovan a Private Message Find more posts by axel_jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Mace wins large majority. But Vader will take a minority by getting a Force Choke on him.

And no I'm not underestimating Mace's force abilities. But the fact is Vader has gotten even Starkiller in a force choke (yes he took him by surprise, but still it's frigging Starkiller).

And Vader vs Galen's final fight had them both reaching for each other's throats with the Force while locked in Saber combat. So that IS what Vader will be attempting to do to Mace while desperately defending himself in Lightsaber combat.

It will work at least 2/10 times. Maybe more.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 12:44 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by NewGuy01
I think you underestimate Maces force powers. :/
You misunderstand. I am not underestimating Mace, but rather, giving Vader the credit he deserves. He was, quite literally, a TK God.

During the novel Bounty Hunter Wars, Vader(who was near Coruscant) began force-choking Xizor(who was near Tatooine.) As you can see by this map of the Star Wars galaxy, the aforementioned planets are literally half a galaxy apart:
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums...zpsad75a0f1.jpg
This means Vader was able to extend his reach with the force across tens of thousands of light years(at the very least), in an extremely precise/fine-tuned manner. Also note that it was stated during the same scene that Vader was immensely holding back his full power, as to not show the Emperor what he was truly capable of.

Mace is certainly powerful with the force... Just not that powerful.

[edit]
If you're interested, I posted the actual quote from the novel in another thread some time ago:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...128

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 03:20 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

I think Vader's force abilities could give him an advantage over Windu, but his lack of mobility could be devastating against such an aggressive opponent. Speed might be the deciding factor here, especially if Windu's shatterpoint immediately picks up on Vader's weakness.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Mar 8th, 2013 05:30 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ROTJ Vader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vader takes it. Abetter force powers and his saber skills are seriously underestimated.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2013 06:29 AM
Click here to Send ROTJ Vader a Private Message Find more posts by ROTJ Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

His saber skills are not underestimated, Windu's abilities have made him on par with Sidious with sabers. Obviously he would not get as much as a boost form fighting Anakin but Mace has the definite advantage in sabers.

What decides the battle is whether or not Mace has the force powers to contend with Vader. Seeing as Mace didn't go down easy to Sids I'd say Mace wins.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 03:42 AM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mnat801

Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Mace Windu takes this. OT Vader is overrated.
thumb up

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 03:51 AM
Click here to Send mnat801 a Private Message Find more posts by mnat801 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mnat801

Because he's the main dude of the whole franchise.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 03:56 AM
Click here to Send mnat801 a Private Message Find more posts by mnat801 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Is that a joke? People try to rank him above ROTS Anakin in spite of it being stated by numerous canon sources that ROTS is peak Anakin, after that he just declines in power.

OT Vader is strong as shit, but I doubt he'll be able to parry 24 blows per second, not when the person dishing it out has Shatterpoint, and certainly not against the master of Form VII.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 05:10 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

And Anakin could?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 03:56 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

And Anakin could?

Short answer is yes.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 04:06 PM
Vensai

And Anakin could?

Anakin in ROTS stomped Dooku in the zone. And Dooku is frequently compared to Windu. He has a good chance.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 10:28 PM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Is that a joke? People try to rank him above ROTS Anakin in spite of it being stated by numerous canon sources that ROTS is peak Anakin, after that he just declines in power.

O really. Give me a quote.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 02:02 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote