KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Corran Horn vs Obi-Wan

Corran Horn vs Obi-Wan
Started by: Q99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Q99

Corran Horn vs Obi-Wan

Master Horn vs Master Kenobi in a duel

Who comes out on top?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 07:19 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Kenobi comfortably.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2013 04:40 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Really? Horn's better at illusion type things, energy absorption, and quite the duelist himself. I'd think it'd at least be close.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2013 08:16 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Energy absorption wouldn't do anything here. I'm doubtful that Horn's capabilities as a duelist are on Obi-Wan's tier, and his Force illusions won't make up for that. Perhaps he can give a good fight, but I think that's the best I can grant him when comparing him to a guy who went toe to toe with Vader.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2013 12:55 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Horn's one of the best duelists of the NJO (below Luke, but right around Katarn).

His energy absorption might be enough to pull the 'grab the lightsaber' trick, and he has briefly pulled illusions on Luke himself.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2013 03:04 AM
Vensai

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
Horn's one of the best duelists of the NJO (below Luke, but right around Katarn).

His energy absorption might be enough to pull the 'grab the lightsaber' trick, and he has briefly pulled illusions on Luke himself.

Well, Kenobi was one of the best Jedi during the golden age of the republic. I don't think he'd lose to Horn.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 10:16 PM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Vensai
Well, Kenobi was one of the best Jedi during the golden age of the republic. I don't think he'd lose to Horn.

And Horn was one of the best Jedi during the New Jedi Order, home to some incredible badasses in it's own right, which had broken out of some of the problems with rigidness the Republic Jedi had. The Golden Age was strong but flawed, and the NJO cast it's net wider for teachings in response.

He was even a top candidate for Grand Master.

Last edited by Q99 on Apr 24th, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 11:19 PM
Vensai

Originally posted by Q99
And Horn was one of the best Jedi during the New Jedi Order, home to some incredible badasses in it's own right, which had broken out of some of the problems with rigidness the Republic Jedi had. The Golden Age was strong but flawed, and the NJO cast it's net wider for teachings in response.

He was even a top candidate for Grand Master.

What's his best feat?

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 03:35 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

What's his best feat?

Probably pushing Skywalker in a duel, and affecting him with an illusion (in I, Jedi, i.e. after Dark Empire).

He's got some very good energy absorption too. When some laser-mines detonated, he absorbed power from them, deflected the blasts upwards, and then made a giant illusion with the excess power.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 04:29 AM
Vensai

Originally posted by Q99
Probably pushing Skywalker in a duel, and affecting him with an illusion (in I, Jedi, i.e. after Dark Empire).

He's got some very good energy absorption too. When some laser-mines detonated, he absorbed power from them, deflected the blasts upwards, and then made a giant illusion with the excess power.

I'm not sure how energy absorption is going to help him in this fight since Kenobi doesn't use lightning.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 06:26 AM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Satele Shan used Tutaminis to absorb Malgus' lightsaber in the trailer ''Hope''. It could be helpful.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 08:15 AM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by Intrepid37
Satele Shan used Tutaminis to absorb Malgus' lightsaber in the trailer ''Hope''. It could be helpful.

Except Horn has never done so or shown he can, and Shan did so only after she was disarmed and needed to defend herself.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 08:52 AM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never stated he could, just that it's a form of absorption. It's up to Q99 to prove if he can do it or not.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 10:05 AM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Horn's grandfather was the first Jedi we know to pull the 'grab a saber' trick. Horn himself, I don't think has ever had the opportunity, but absorbing the laser-mines is pretty comparable I'd say.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 05:43 PM
Vensai

Simply put, Kenobi takes this. He has defeated the likes of Sith Anakin, Grievous, Ventress, Savage,Maul, etc. who has Horn beaten that's comparable?

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 09:10 PM
Q99

Simply put, Kenobi takes this. He has defeated the likes of Sith Anakin, Grievous, Ventress, Savage,Maul, etc. who has Horn beaten that's comparable?

He defeated the Vong Warlord Shedao Shai, who's both one of their best warriors and can't be detected in the force.

He also beats Kam Solusar, one of the other NJO council members and a former member of Clone Palpatine's 'dark side elite,' who killed multiple other members of said Dark Side elite including their blademaster.

And there is the 'in a physical duel he can press Luke pretty hard, and Luke's better than all of those' (Post-DE Luke, btw).

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 01:45 AM
Raptor22

I'm almost positive corran has grabbed a lightsaber with his hand. I'll try to remember and find what book it's in.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 02:06 AM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Raptor22
I'm almost positive corran has grabbed a lightsaber with his hand. I'll try to remember and find what book it's in.

Oh, there was a time in 'Dark Tide' when he had Ganner hold a lightsaber blade against his arm so he could absorb it.

I don't think Corran ever used his hand, but Nejaa Halcyon, his granddad, did.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 02:37 AM
Raptor22

Originally posted by Q99
Oh, there was a time in 'Dark Tide' when he had Ganner hold a lightsaber blade against his arm so he could absorb it.

I don't think Corran ever used his hand, but Nejaa Halcyon, his granddad, did.
thank u that time with ganner is the scene I was thinking of. It would have bugged the crap out of me for days if I couldn't figure it out so thanks again.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 05:29 AM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Glad to be of help smile So yea, Corran can absorb lightsaber (even, if need be, his own to fuel powers!), though it's not his favorite thing to do.

One other thing: Corran has a tricky duel-phase lightsaber that can adjust lengths, often taking foes off-guard. Additionally he often uses tricks like flickering the blade off to make a foe misjudge and overextend.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 06:10 PM