KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » RoT Bane and DoE Zannah vs RotS Mace and the B-Team

RoT Bane and DoE Zannah vs RotS Mace and the B-Team
Started by: NewGuy01

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

RoT Bane and DoE Zannah vs RotS Mace and the B-Team

Orbalisk Bane and Zannah vs Mace, Fisto, Kolar, and Saesee Tiin

Setting is Tython, so since it's not a Dark Side Nexus, Zannah can't use her Dark Tendrils.

Who wins?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 01:54 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

The way I see it, Mace and Fisto would rush to confront Bane, while Kolar and Tiin confront Zannah. Mace and Fisto would prove to have trouble with Bane, not expecting their lightsabers to be deflected by the Orbalisks. His powerful charge would have them both on the defensive. Kolar and Tiin would assault Zannah with fierce lightsaber blows that she would probably narrowly be able to hold off for a limited amount of time with her own skill, however she would not be in any situation to do anything with the Force while taken aback by Kolar and Tiin's obviously superior bladework. Bane would use his devastating Force Waves to overpower his combatants and Force Lightning in attempt to catch Mace off guard--The later of which would stop it with his saber. Soon he would cut down Fisto and the battle would continue to be 1 on 1 from then forward. Realizing he was unable to defeat RoT Bane in 1 on 1 confrontation, he would probably lure the battle to Kolar and Tiin so they could gain an advantage. With the two battles meeting, Saesee and Kolar would let up on Zannah, also defending attacks from Bane. In this split second, Zannah would be able to unleash her Sorcery on Kolar, who with insufficient Force Defenses would succumb to the illusions and be struck down. The same could not be said however for Saesee Tiin, as he was a powerful Telepath. and with struggle could resist it and block Zannah's killing blows. Realizing Tiin alone was in danger against Zannah, Mace would repel Bane with a Force Push or something of the like and viciously strike at Zannah blow for blow. Though it gave Tiin enough of an advantage to continue the assault alone, Mace would quickly have to continue his battle with Bane. Zannah would probably defeat Tiin despite his allies' aid, though with difficulty. Masking her presence in the Force, she would stab the already losing Mace Windu in the back unexpectedly and Bane would barrage him with Sith Lightning.

I actually originally was going to say Team 2, but after consideration Team 1 could probably win. Though I may have to consider it more before I make my final decision. :>

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 02:12 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ROTJ Vader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Team 2.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 03:02 AM
Click here to Send ROTJ Vader a Private Message Find more posts by ROTJ Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

while the orbalisk armor deflects lightsaber blows, i dont believe there is any mention of it providing special protection against force attacks.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 03:23 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

And? Except Mace and possibly Tiin, no Force Powers of enough magnitude to harm Bane will come into play here, especially as his wild offensive will be too much of a distraction to gather up enough power to release a potent threat to Bane via the Force.

Team 2 may win, I'm having some minor doubts, but I'm sticking with my vote for now.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 04:14 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
And? Except Mace and possibly Tiin, no Force Powers of enough magnitude to harm Bane will come into play here, especially as his wild offensive will be too much of a distraction to gather up enough power to release a potent threat to Bane via the Force.

If this is so, couldnt bane solo?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 04:18 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
If this is so, couldnt bane solo?

No, I'll explain why tomorrow.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 04:24 AM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bane solos.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 04:40 AM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ROTJ Vader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh, thought this was DoE Bane. In that case, team 1.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 04:41 AM
Click here to Send ROTJ Vader a Private Message Find more posts by ROTJ Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by Intrepid37
Bane solos.

I wouldn't go that far. Windu's Vaapad amp and Shatterpoint will be Bane's worst nightmare. But with Zannah assisting, Windu's going down. The other three are just out of their league.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 09:26 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by Vensai
I wouldn't go that far. Windu's Vaapad amp and Shatterpoint will be Bane's worst nightmare. But with Zannah assisting, Windu's going down. The other three are just out of their league.

I completely agree on the notion that bane cannot solo. I re-read through some of Rot, and forgot about how Bane's face was vulnerable, making mace's shatterpoint perfect for the situation.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 02:30 PM
Master Han
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NewGuy01
The way I see it, Mace and Fisto would rush to confront Bane, while Kolar and Tiin confront Zannah.

This isn't necessarily an ideal tactic. It may be better for Windu to engage Bane alone while the others deal with Zannah.

quote:
Mace and Fisto would prove to have trouble with Bane, not expecting their lightsabers to be deflected by the Orbalisks.

Windu has shatterpoint.

quote:
His powerful charge would have them both on the defensive.

Uh, why? His sheer physical size isn't likely to intimidate Windu, and his strength in the dark side is only going to feed Mace's vaapad.

quote:
Kolar and Tiin would assault Zannah with fierce lightsaber blows that she would probably narrowly be able to hold off for a limited amount of time with her own skill, however she would not be in any situation to do anything with the Force while taken aback by Kolar and Tiin's obviously superior bladework.

Or, the three members of the "B team" team up on Zannah and take her out. She may be able to hold off with her soresu, but there's nothing, as you've put it, to indicate that she can defeat three of the greatest swordsmen the order has ever produced simultaneously.

quote:

Bane would use his devastating Force Waves to overpower his combatants and Force Lightning in attempt to catch Mace off guard--The later of which would stop it with his saber.

Um, what?

Mace Windu has not only deflected Palpatine's lightning, but also redirected back and scarred his face. If Bane tries that shit on him, he'll not only suffer grievous injuries, but, if another Jedi is teaming with Windu on the sith lord, will get decapitated in his distraction.

The same applies if he tries to take out one with telekinesis; the other Jedi will simply butcher him. Remember that Windu is an extremely fast combatant and strong in the Force, arguably rivaling Bane even before we consider vappad's superconducting loop. With it, Bane's dark side energies will add to Windu's baseline Force powers (already exceeding Dooku's), and allow him to outmatch the sith lord.

quote:
Realizing he was unable to defeat RoT Bane in 1 on 1 confrontation,

Mace Windu defeated Palpatine; he can take Bane. The sith lord's primary advantage, the orbalisks, won't be as helpful as you think against a Windu with a mastery of shatterpoint, whose users have been able to crush lightsaber resistant armor with a tap.

quote:

With the two battles meeting, Saesee and Kolar would let up on Zannah, also defending attacks from Bane. In this split second, Zannah would be able to unleash her Sorcery on Kolar, who with insufficient Force Defenses would succumb to the illusions and be struck down. The same could not be said however for Saesee Tiin, as he was a powerful Telepath. and with struggle could resist it and block Zannah's killing blows. Realizing Tiin alone was in danger against Zannah, Mace would repel Bane with a Force Push or something of the like and viciously strike at Zannah blow for blow. Though it gave Tiin enough of an advantage to continue the assault alone, Mace would quickly have to continue his battle with Bane. Zannah would probably defeat Tiin despite his allies' aid, though with difficulty. Masking her presence in the Force, she would stab the already losing Mace Windu in the back unexpectedly and Bane would barrage him with Sith Lightning.

I actually originally was going to say Team 2, but after consideration Team 1 could probably win. Though I may have to consider it more before I make my final decision. :>

Sorry, but you're mistaken.

Mace Windu alone can defeat Bane.
The trio can take down Zannah.
Either of the two squads will come to the other's aid when they win.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 04:13 PM
Click here to Send Master Han a Private Message Find more posts by Master Han Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ROTJ Vader
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Master Han your bias for WIndu is showing buddy.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 04:18 PM
Master Han
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ROTJ Vader
@Master Han your bias for WIndu is showing buddy.

@ROTJ Vader your bias and fondness for Ad HOminems is showing buddy.

And I love how you accuse me of being a Windu fanboy, when I accuse Mace of being a dumbass in the whole debate about whether Palpatine threw the fight. roll eyes (sarcastic) It has more to do with his name being in a lot of threads, for some reason.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 04:21 PM
Click here to Send Master Han a Private Message Find more posts by Master Han Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mace can't beat Bane. The latter is faster (generated multiple afterimages) and more powerful (disintegrated technobeasts), and in general, due to the orbalisks, a better combatant.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 05:16 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ROTJ Vader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Master Han
@ROTJ Vader your bias and fondness for Ad HOminems is showing buddy.

And I love how you accuse me of being a Windu fanboy, when I accuse Mace of being a dumbass in the whole debate about whether Palpatine threw the fight. roll eyes (sarcastic) It has more to do with his name being in a lot of threads, for some reason.

You are a Windu fanboy buddy. You say Windu>everyone but like 1-2 people buddy. Palpatine>>>>Windu accept it buddy.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 05:38 PM
noitseuq
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
The sith lord's primary advantage, the orbalisks, won't be as helpful as you think against a Windu with a mastery of shatterpoint, whose users have been able to crush lightsaber resistant armor with a tap.

In Shatterpoint it's noted that all Jedi possess the ability to detect shatterpoints and that it simply comes more naturally to Mace Windu; what it might take others minutes to do, Mace can do in an instant. Mace Windu possesses a natural talent with the ability but otherwise it would appear to be a pretty common technique, and Bane was shown using something that appeared to resemble it in his fight with Sirak. Given that soon after he first obtained the orbalisks he desperately wanted to get rid of them and literally spent months trying, why are you so certain they even possess a shatterpoint or a critical weakness at all in the first place (aside from electricity of course which was an obvious no go)?

Last edited by noitseuq on Aug 16th, 2013 at 05:59 PM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 05:55 PM
Click here to Send noitseuq a Private Message Find more posts by noitseuq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Oooh, good point. I didn't know that.

I'm undecided on the thread. Both sides make good cases.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 05:57 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is just like RotS all over again, with Bane beating Mace in the end (in my opinion).

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 05:58 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

I think Mace beats Bane after extremely difficult fight, while the trio takes down Zannah.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote