KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » One Sith VS Sith Order (SWTOR ERA)

One Sith VS Sith Order (SWTOR ERA)
Started by: PTforthewin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

One Sith VS Sith Order (SWTOR ERA)

Darth Krayt's one sith order vs the sith order during the Starwars the old republic game era.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2014 10:53 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Vitiate's empire takes this one.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 11th, 2014 10:59 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Vitiates empire most likely. Unless the tech difference is really high.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2014 11:02 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys

The tech difference is quite high.

Vitiate's empire has more sith, but, you could likely throw 5 Harrower-class ships (the backbone of his navy) against a single Pallaeon class and lose. Pallaeon ships are bigger (almost twice as long), tougher, and have much more firepower (gun technology has improved since the days of Palpatine's Empire, let alone Vitiate's). Heck, the Ascendant Spear, Malgus's feared and overpowered super flagship... is probably a bit outmatched one-on-ene.

And the Sith Trooper program (cyborg sith, grown from childhood and modified to be completely loyal as well as formidable fighters capable of taking on Jedi/Sith masters) with Annihilator fighters and Dragon Ships... Annihilator fighters can shoot down Star Destroyers.

And dogfight wise? Wuff. Ever play the game TIE fighter, and try taking basic TIEs against TIE defenders? At *least* that bad (against any fighter they have). And the One Sith often lead squadrons with Sith pilots, so even if the Sith Empire uses force-user pilots they're still disadvantaged.

If the sides are allowed to bring their militaries, the One Sith stomp.

If not.... well, Vitiate's empire does have both more total Sith and a greater number of strong sith, but I wonder if the numbers of Sith Troopers, who are a heck of a lot stronger than rank-and-file sith, will help things out. Vitiate's still probably wins, but they take a lot of casualties for it.

Last edited by Q99 on Apr 11th, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2014 11:22 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Dread Masters solo.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2014 11:31 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Dread Masters solo.

No, aside from being captured by a team of Jedi, showing a team of Sith could do the same, I don't think their fear powers would even *work* on Sith Troopers.

And even their fear effect isn't wide-spread enough to overcome the tech difference....

Old Post Apr 11th, 2014 11:35 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Personally, I'd give it to Legacy based on the tech difference alone. TOR definitely fields a larger amount Sith though, and it's upper tiers are quite a bit above Legacy's.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2014 11:41 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
Personally, I'd give it to Legacy based on the tech difference alone. TOR definitely fields a larger amount Sith though, and it's upper tiers are quite a bit above Legacy's.
didn't the one sith match the numbers of the jedi order which is like 20,000 Sith Lords/apprentices

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 12:14 AM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Vitiate's Empire housed millions though, the numbers completely dwarf those of the One Sith.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 12:32 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Vitiate's Empire housed millions though, the numbers completely dwarf those of the One Sith.
millions of sith? Weren't there like 10 thousand jedi?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 12:34 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

At the time of the Phantom Menace, yeah. At the time of SWTOR, the number is unknown.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 01:07 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

In a battle between actual force users, I'm not sure who'd win. Krayt could quite easily kill most of the council, with only Nox and Malgus likely putting up a fight. I personally think Malgus could defeat Krayt, while Nox could likely defeat most of the One sith. A fight between Malgus and Krayt would be quite a sight to behold

As for Empires, I have no idea.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 05:56 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by PTforthewin
didn't the one sith match the numbers of the jedi order which is like 20,000 Sith Lords/apprentices

One Sith and Legacy Jedi were each at 10k at max.

TOR had a lot more number.... but it's fairly safe to assume plenty of those were chumps (they kept so little eye on most of them that a number were able to get away with being lightside. I also suspect a number of them were what'd be called adepts or agents in other times. Even so, still a lot).

They were big enough that it still allows their reasonably strong sith to outnumber reasonably strong One Sith by a good number.

Like, sure, Krayt can beat Dark Councilors. Wyyrlok can beat a lot of them 1-on-1 too. But, there's the whole Dark Council, and they couldn't survive a big chunk of the Dark Council at once. Sure, they could bring in additional lesser sith that'd help out... but the DC could bring in more, and so on.

On the flip side, in space, if they sent a fleet of 100 capital ships against a world defended by 20, odds are not only are they not getting their 100 back, but a lot of the 20 will survive.

Hm yea, one other thing: The One Sith have Sith Leviathans, and TOR don't. Leviathans are great because numbers tactics makes them stronger, you *need* strong individuals if you want to take it down with Sith/Jedi, and/or good amounts of conventional military force... the area where the OS have the edge.

Last edited by Q99 on Apr 12th, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 09:56 AM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Interesting stance considering you didn't take this into account in our earlier debate...

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 10:21 AM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You mean TOR vs Banes era? That's a little different, there has been greatly detailed improvements in technology between the start of the Empire to Krayt's rule. As Q99 detailed above. Its not known if there are significant differences between TOR era tech and BoD era.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 12:15 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

You mean TOR vs Banes era? That's a little different, there has been greatly detailed improvements in technology between the start of the Empire to Krayt's rule. As Q99 detailed above. Its not known if there are significant differences between TOR era tech and BoD era.

Indeed. While Bane's era is much later, the New Sith Wars caused a degradation of tech (everyone aimed to sabotage and steal everyone else's technological capacity) that likely cancelled out a lot of gains.

Iirc Hammerhead cruiser designs were of use by the Republic in *both* eras (possibly with upgrades, but still, same size and basic shape).

On the flipside, the Legacy era is the absolutely pinnacle of SW technology, as one would expect from the endpoint in the timeline. It's ships are pound-for-pound confirmed stronger than Empire era ones (the author talked about how a Scythe class has less guns, but that shouldn't be confused for less power as turbolasers have improved in rate of fire and omph), which are better than CW era ones, which come after the galaxy had a thousand years to heal from the NSW.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 03:07 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Q99

TOR had a lot more number.... but it's fairly safe to assume plenty of those were chumps (they kept so little eye on most of them that a number were able to get away with being lightside. I also suspect a number of them were what'd be called adepts or agents in other times. Even so, still a lot).

I'd actually be inclined to disagree, the TOR Era Sith really impressed me more on average than the One Sith's members. (Discluding the Sith Troopers, of course)

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 05:09 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by NewGuy01
I'd actually be inclined to disagree, the TOR Era Sith really impressed me more on average than the One Sith's members. (Discluding the Sith Troopers, of course)

Agreed

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 05:29 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanite2001

TOR Sith. Their far better trained and far more lethal.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 05:31 PM
Click here to Send Revanite2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Revanite2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

When observing the most powerful of each respective order, you get Krayt, Wyyrlok and the hands for the One Sith, and Vitiate, Malgus, the Wrath, and the Dark Council for the Sith Empire. The Sith Empire's appear to be superior.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 05:34 PM