KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Zannah vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi

Darth Zannah vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi
Started by: King Joker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Darth Zannah vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi

Who would win in a battle to the death?

Darth Zannah as of Dynasty of Evil

Obi-Wan Kenobi as of Revenge of the Sith

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 08:38 PM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Zannah stomps.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 08:40 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Obi-Wan, he outstrips Zannah widely in both defensive and offensive skill, has significantly better TK feats, has significantly better physical feats, and his mental fortitude is very high.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:11 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Force, Zannah, sabers, Kenobi. All out... I'd say Zannah.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:17 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
he outstrips Zannah widely in both defensive and offensive skill,

Nah.

has significantly better TK feats,

Nah.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:18 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

If Zannah had more offensive force based abilities I'd give it to her, as Kenobi's weakness to force based attacks should be her forte. But she doesn't and she's massively outscaled in other feats. Kenobi takes her with negligible difficulty, had Zannah a few notable TK feats in her prime I'd give it to her with no qualms.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:34 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Zannah disintegrated her cousins arm, blocked the Force Storm, snapped two Jedi's necks and levitated as an untrained child. Its apparent that she would be superior in TK to all that as a Sith Lord with infinitely greater Force Mastery. Especially since she did pulp a woman with a Force Push and Bane didn't believe he could overcome her with TK. That Bane wasn't able to overcome her in the Force definitely suggests a higher level of Force power than Kenobi, who would be reamed by Bane.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:42 PM
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Has Zannah ever disintegrate limbs in combat? Or snap an opponents neck in combat? I'm genuinely curious...

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:52 PM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Other than those times, not to my knowledge. Zannahs been in only a few actual fights, so shes never really been in a position to do that stuff. Though as I said, I don't see a reason why she shouldn't be able to replicate that stuff as a vastly better trained Sith Lord.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:56 PM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Naturally Zannah was more of a sorcerer than anything else which is why we don't really see many TK feats from her, but you can either assume that she's got amazing TK given how powerful she is, or she doesn't simply because she doesn't need to with her other, superior powers. Take your pick.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 10:09 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nalaniel

Zannah. I could see Obi-Wan winning in a lightsaber duel, but not in all out.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 10:17 PM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Nephthys
Zannah disintegrated her cousins arm, blocked the Force Storm, snapped two Jedi's necks and levitated as an untrained child. Its apparent that she would be superior in TK to all that as a Sith Lord with infinitely greater Force Mastery. Especially since she did pulp a woman with a Force Push and Bane didn't believe he could overcome her with TK. That Bane wasn't able to overcome her in the Force definitely suggests a higher level of Force power than Kenobi, who would be reamed by Bane.

She blew up her cousin's arm, snapped the necks of two Jedi who didn't have active force defenses up, and pulped a woman with a Force Wave.

V.S

Invoking a tidal wave with TK, ripping down an enormous slab of durasteel from the ceiling, smashing droids with Durge's personal starship, deflecting TK blasts from Anakin...

I see a marginal superiority from Kenobi.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 11:20 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

She blew up her cousin's arm, snapped the necks of two Jedi who didn't have active force defenses up, and pulped a woman with a Force Wave.

V.S

Invoking a tidal wave with TK, ripping down an enormous slab of durasteel from the ceiling, smashing droids with Durge's personal starship, deflecting TK blasts from Anakin...

I see a marginal superiority from Kenobi.

You missed a few of Zannahs feats there. Most of which happened as an untrained child. Like defending against a wave of planet-wide destruction or flying.

When did Kenobi invoke a tidal wave?

Darth Bane couldn't overpower Zannah with TK. Advantage: Zannah.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 11:43 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

It's important to look at their defensive capabilities as they are ultimately used in conjunction with their more offensive attacks (Ataru for Kenobi) (Sorcery for Zannah). A lot of people claim that Kenobi's defensive capabilities are higher than Zannah's, while I'd argue there isn't very much disparity between their defensive dueling capabilities. Based on accolades and focus, Obi-wan's application of Soresu is superior in raw skill, however this is largely balanced out by the more defensive nature of Zannah's weapon as well as her superior speed. Obi-wan was being overwhelmed by Grievous's speed in ROTS while Zannah was holding her own against Bane, who is faster than Grievous. Ultimately I feel there is little to no disparity in their defensive capabilities as duelists. As they are primarily defensive duelists I don't feel that Kenobi can penetrate Zannah's defenses with Ataru, and Zannah definitely can't penetrate Kenobi's defense by exploiting openings. As such they are at an impasse as duelists. What will come into play here is their respective force abilities. In telekinesis, Zannah impresses me more given that she has snapped the necks of Jedi, disintegrated her cousin's arm, and Bane never overpowered her with TK despite his telekinetic prowess. Kenobi moving Durge's ship is impressive, however it doesn't quite compare to one shotting Jedi, and Kenobi's telekinetic defense isn't that advanced. I think what'll get him though is Zannah's illusions. Zannah's illusions are very potent, being able to bring a powerful Jedi Knight to his knees in terror instantly before her peak with this ability, and being able to casually oneshot a powerful dark Jedi into a coma. The people who have ever resisted her illusions were Darth Bane and arguably Darth Cognus, however Darth Bane has some of the best mental feats in the entire mythos, and Cognus's superadvanced precog and her force suppression would negate much of Zannah's hold over her. Obi-wan Kenobi, while no doubt being strong of mind, ultimately has too much that can be used against him in this manner. The three women he's loved have all died in his arms, his master was killed, his apprentice turned to the dark side and hated him, and his entire order was wiped out. With all of these negative experiences, Zannah's illusions would bring him down or at the very least open him up to an attack.

In a saber fight with no force abilities used, yes Obi-wan would eventually overcome Zannah. Obi-wan takes the saber fight.

In a force fight with no saber attacks used, I see nothing that Kenobi could pressure Zannah with, while her illusions have a very high chance of being effective on him. Zannah takes the force fight.

In an all out fight though, the impasse in a duel would really make the definitive factor whether or not Kenobi could overcome her illusions, and from what I've shown, Kenobi at the very least would be opened up to a finishing move from Zannah. I am confident in saying Zannah takes the all-out.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 11:45 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

How old was Zannah's cousin? And, the thing about the snapping of the Jedi's necks... didn't they just come out of the smoke when she did that? It's not like they were expecting it. And, although that is extremely impressive, I think it tells a lot that she never has used that ability again... (as far as I know...)

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 11:53 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by King Joker
How old was Zannah's cousin? And, the thing about the snapping of the Jedi's necks... didn't they just come out of the smoke when she did that? It's not like they were expecting it. And, although that is extremely impressive, I think it tells a lot that she never has used that ability again... (as far as I know...)

Well it could be because everyone Zannah faced after that was either more powerful, or had a favorable circumstance.

Sarro Xaj was pressing Zannah very hard in a duel, and was likely more powerful than the two Jedi whose necks were snapped considering his selection as someone to take the last Sith on.

Set Harth may or may not have been more powerful than the two Jedi, but Zannah was toying with him. She kept their fight dueling-centric to evaluate his skill level, while she finished it off with a mental attack to test his mind. Zannah's intentions were not to kill him, but rather to evaluate his dueling abilities and strength of mind.

Darth Bane. This one is pretty self explanatory.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:03 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Well it could be because everyone Zannah faced after that was either more powerful, or had a favorable circumstance.

Sarro Xaj was pressing Zannah very hard in a duel, and was likely more powerful than the two Jedi whose necks were snapped considering his selection as someone to take the last Sith on.

And Kenobi would obviously be pressing Zannah hard in a duel as well. So I doubt she would be able to snap his neck like that then...

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:08 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by King Joker
And Kenobi would obviously be pressing Zannah hard in a duel as well. So I doubt she would be able to snap his neck like that then...

Obi-wan is not an offensive power house, while that was Sarro's specialization.

Zannah on the other hand has not reached her prime by this point.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:10 AM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Obi-Wan is 1 no Sarro Jah, nevermind BM'd Sarro Jah, and 2 is a defence oriented sowrdsman who would be unlikely to press.

And dmb brings up an interesing point. Obi-Wan defences were technically overloaded by grievous's 20 strikes per second. Zannah's defenses meanwhile held against the far faster Bane, so it's pretty clear that Zannah's Soresu is more effective than Kenobi's, at least when dealing with raw speed.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:11 AM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Kenobi's offense is more than competent, he could easily press if not outdo Zannah.

He fought evenly with Anakin which is a better feat than Zannah narrowly beating Bane in a PIS duel. Yes the duel with Anakin was PIS as well, but do not question my wisdom

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:11 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote