KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Savage Opress vs Luminara Unduli

Savage Opress vs Luminara Unduli
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Savage Opress vs Luminara Unduli

Savage, Luminara, fight...

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 30th, 2014 10:55 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

ROTS Luminara would win.

"When will you fools learn, no one escapes from Commander Fox!"

Old Post May 30th, 2014 11:10 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PTforthewin
ROTS Luminara would win.

What has she done since her fight with Ventress that suggests significant improvement?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post May 30th, 2014 11:15 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Emperordmb
What has she done since her fight with Ventress that suggests significant improvement?

Aside from failing to capture Ventress with Aayla as back up, nothing.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 30th, 2014 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was like 3 years since her dual, she had to improve.

"When will you fools learn, no one escapes from Commander Fox!"

Old Post May 30th, 2014 11:18 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by PTforthewin
It was like 3 years since her dual, she had to improve.

By that token, Koon improved since his vastly superior performance against Ventress before his fight with Opress.

Not quite seeing how this argument can be logically made in a way that places Luminara higher than Opress.

Old Post May 30th, 2014 11:23 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

I'd go with Savage, he was able to fight on par with Anakin and Obi-wan which impresses me more than Luminara dueling Ventress half blinded/injured, he also dueled Sidious(with maul's help, granted Sidious may not have been trying THAT much but still worth noting) for a while which is more impressive than whatever Luminara has done.

Old Post May 30th, 2014 11:25 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Ok then... I reread Savage and Plo Koon's fight. Savage was capably holding his ground against Plo Koon who had the aid of numerous clone troopers, and when Koon turned away Savage had the speed and cunning to tear his mask off before he could react, and the fact that Koon's ally was in danger suggests Plo was not dominating Savage while they fought. At the very least this implies them to be around the same level.

Now let's look at Luminara. Luminara lost in a minute to Asajj Ventress when she had a disadvantage. Plo Koon on the other hand was driving Ventress back with a far greater disadvantage. Plo Koon is clearly Luminara's superior by a considerable margin, while Savage was holding his ground against Plo Koon with back up. This is more impressive than anything Luminara is capable of.

This is why I believe Savage to be Luminara's firm superior.

If someone is seriously going to make the argument that Luminara is superior because she improved in the couple of years since then, then that is a terribly flimsy argument.

First of all, there are no showings from Luminara after this point that suggest any significant improvement, so the idea that she crossed the large gap between her performance against Ventress to Koon's far superior performance against Ventress is laughable at best.

If I were to actually go on the tangent that that she actually did improve by a lot, since there's no indicator of her improvement, the argument could be made that Plo Koon improved the same amount since his fight with Ventress, making the Koon/Savage tier just as far beyond Luminara's reach as it was before.

Old Post May 30th, 2014 11:38 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I feel like Luminara would do much better against Savage (in sabers, at least) than she did with Ventress. Savage and Ventress fight a lot different, and Luminara's physicality and fighting style would be a perfect match against Savage.

Luminara's strength feats suggest she could handle his strength, unlike someone like Gallia. (Impaling an undead Geonosian through the abdomen with her fists while handcuffed, chucking a Wampa through the air and shattering stone). She's been noted to be an extremely agile, flexible fighter that could perform lightsaber moves that the majority of sentient species' could not even attempt. Her Soresu would be quite well fitted dealing with a fighter such as Savage, who uses wide, sweeping strength-based attacks to overwhelm his opponents.

I'm not suggesting she could actually beat him in sabers, rather she'd just do better than her duel with Asajj Ventress, IMO.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2015 02:32 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

DMB already had the winner picked when he made this fight, and within minutes of getting a reply, was stating why he thought Savage was Luminara's firm superior.

You're right, Savage wins, but why make a thread when you already have the winner clearly picked out?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2015 02:47 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

People usually already have a winner in mind when they make a thread, it just depends if you actively defend a certain character once the thread is made. A lot of people do that.

Also, could someone provide scans of Plo and Ventress' full encounter? I see some people say Ventress was winning, and then some saying Plo was driving her back. What the fuck actually happened?

Last edited by |King Joker| on Mar 24th, 2015 at 03:00 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2015 02:51 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Yeah for sure, if you think it's a good fight but you're leaning one way when you make it. I just dislike people making threads and then saying "this guy solidly wins" it's like well then why did you make it lmao.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2015 03:36 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

To discuss differing opinions.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2015 03:42 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I foresee Luminara eating a piece of that tasty Nightbrother dick

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2015 04:27 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by |King Joker|
People usually already have a winner in mind when they make a thread, it just depends if you actively defend a certain character once the thread is made. A lot of people do that.

Also, could someone provide scans of Plo and Ventress' full encounter? I see some people say Ventress was winning, and then some saying Plo was driving her back. What the fuck actually happened?

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen...thread-1652391/

It was even.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Mar 24th, 2015 at 05:04 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2015 05:01 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by ILS
I foresee Luminara eating a piece of that tasty Nightbrother dick

(please log in to view the image)

I don't know if that means she wins or loses.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 24th, 2015 06:43 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Sucking Savage's dick is an auto-win.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2015 06:47 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

^But if she is eating a piece of his dick then surely he must be dead.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 24th, 2015 06:47 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Hmmm... true.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2015 06:48 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's what I meant.

Luminara beats Savage off then kills him and then eats his dick with a fork

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2015 06:55 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote