KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Zannah vs Revan (Force abilities only)

Darth Zannah vs Revan (Force abilities only)
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WildBantha88

Darth Zannah vs Revan (Force abilities only)

So could Revan beat Zannah in a force fight?
Or would her Illusions break his mind?

Old Post May 31st, 2014 01:01 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Revan is honestly one of the few characters I could see resisting her illusions.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 31st, 2014 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Revan is honestly one of the few characters I could see resisting her illusions.
Do you think he could resist them twice? Illusions are her primary response in battle so he would get hit with them early on. But what if she hit him with it again, I think it would eventually wear out the mind

Old Post May 31st, 2014 01:05 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Is this Revan Reborn? If so, he would be very experienced with mind crushing tricks after 300 years of torture from Vitiate.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post May 31st, 2014 01:07 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

I didn't specify so the most powerful incarnation should be assumed. And yea Revan would probably win, but I honestly couldn't think of many other characters that can actually cope with Zannahs op illusions

Old Post May 31st, 2014 01:14 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

True.

But Zannah is more powerful than Revan imo.

Old Post May 31st, 2014 01:18 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I lol at you ^

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 31st, 2014 01:25 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Darth Bane couldn't beat her with the Force, do you really think Revan will? erm

Old Post May 31st, 2014 01:30 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Zannah's only attacks against Bane that allowed her to do such was her sorcery and tendrils, and she can't use her tendrils here.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 31st, 2014 01:38 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I was more talking about how Bane is unable to beat her with his Force powers. She can slap aside his lightning and he can't outmatch her with TK. Hell, at one point she blows through his force shield and smashes him into a wall.

Old Post May 31st, 2014 01:47 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

My memory on the book is poor, but wasn't Bane weakened by his prolonged torture?

Old Post May 31st, 2014 01:51 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He'd recovered by then. Plus that wouldn't effect his force abilities.

Old Post May 31st, 2014 01:53 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Nephthys
She can slap aside his lightning

With her lightsaber.

Point of information here, do the combatants get their lightsabers for the purpose of defending agaisnt certain force attacks or are they completely unarmed?

and he can't outmatch her with TK.

This is an impressive telekinetic showing on her part.

Hell, at one point she blows through his force shield and smashes him into a wall.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
My memory on the book is poor, but wasn't Bane weakened by his prolonged torture?

The drugs and his system and him being almost completely off guard resulted in his being knocked into the wall.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post May 31st, 2014 01:58 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No, Bane had purged himself of the drugs by that point. Also he was able to react and put up his force defenses, but she still smashed through them.

Old Post May 31st, 2014 02:00 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

No, Bane had purged himself of the drugs by that point. Also he was able to react and put up his force defenses, but she still smashed through them.

"Bane could still feel the lingering effects of the drugs in his system. He'd done what he could to burn them away with the fire of the dark side, but the Sith were not as adept as the Jedi at cleansing their systems of impurities. The last dregs of the chemicals would simply have to break down naturally over time. Until then he would be at less than full strength. A fraction slower in thoughts and actions, less adept at wielding the power of the Force. And he was still without his lightsaber."-DOE

She also caught him off guard. He managed to throw up a barrier instinctively, but had he been aware of her he would've more effectively defended against her.

Old Post May 31st, 2014 02:04 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

^ So Bane is weaker then normal and unprepared. :/

Old Post May 31st, 2014 02:05 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Ah, whatever. He was a fraction weaker. Big whoop. He was unable to overpower her in the last fight either. She blocked his lightning then as well.

Bane wasn't unprepared. In fact, he'd been charging up his power right before her attack.

Old Post May 31st, 2014 02:21 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Ah, whatever. He was a fraction weaker. Big whoop. He was unable to overpower her in the last fight either. She blocked his lightning then as well.

Bane wasn't unprepared. In fact, he'd been charging up his power right before her attack.

She blocked his lightning with her lightsaber

If you've ever been hungover, you'll know that the remnants of substances can be quite a detriment.

I also noticed that that was the only TK hit she got on him ever, implying that it's not something that would normally happen, and was only a result of his not being aware of her until the last moment.

Old Post May 31st, 2014 02:24 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

@Neph No, he was a fraction slower, not a fraction weaker.
However, the fact it says "adept", which means "highly skilled", stands to reason his Force powers are still marginally weakened, and that enough can change the difference of a battle. This continues my confirmation Zannah would fall to Revan, or probably even Malak.

Old Post May 31st, 2014 02:24 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
@Neph No, he was a fraction slower, not a fraction weaker.
However, the fact it says "adept", which means "highly skilled", stands to reason his Force powers are still marginally weakened, and that enough can change the difference of a battle. This continues my confirmation Zannah would fall to Revan, or probably even Malak.

No shit. Its the same thing. As you said he was at best marginally weaker, which would easily be cancelled out by him building up his power right before her attack. And even a marginally weaker Bane is more powerful than Revan and Malak, so shes still more powerful than they are.

Laugh my ****ing ass off at the idea that Malak can beat her though. Regular Malak is a joke bro. Sorry, but it's true. Even Star Forge Malak would get shitstomped by Zannah.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
She blocked his lightning with her lightsaber

If you've ever been hungover, you'll know that the remnants of substances can be quite a detriment.

I also noticed that that was the only TK hit she got on him ever, implying that it's not something that would normally happen, and was only a result of his not being aware of her until the last moment.

So what?

Bane says that it was merely the dregs and that he was just a fraction slower.

Actually Zannah comments during the fight that theres really no point in trying to toss each other around since it wouldn't actually achieve anything between them.

Also, man reading that book again reminds me of how poor of a writer Drew is. Explaining basic concepts about the force in the middle of a fight scene is amateur hour. Gee, thanks Drew I totally didn't know what a ****ing force shield was at that point you fat hack.

Old Post May 31st, 2014 02:37 AM