KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Strongest Female Jedi Tournament: Round 1 Battle 7. Bastila Shan Vs Bariss Offee

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Bastila Shan 7 53.85%
Bariss Offee 6 46.15%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Strongest Female Jedi Tournament: Round 1 Battle 7. Bastila Shan Vs Bariss Offee
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Strongest Female Jedi Tournament: Round 1 Battle 7. Bastila Shan Vs Bariss Offee

Hello and welcome back to the SFJ tournament, in our last battle the jed exile, Meetra Surik won against Darth Talon in a overwhelming 12 to 2. Now we have two new combatants who despite their age and rank they are a force to be reckoned with. On to the mother****ing fight!

Bastila Shan
(please log in to view the image)

A powerful young padawan turned jedi master, trained as a jedi sentinel, bastila was trained to resist powers like force stun, fear and paralysis, bastila was known to have been proficient in combat having dueled against Revan's personal guard, Darth Malak who was one of the most skilled duelist of time and Revan, Juhan and Jolee bind all of whom she fought on the temple of lehon. bastila was also skilled in the ways of the of force, she capable of using the force stun ability as well as its advanced version force Stasis an ability she used against Revan and his allies, she was also able to conjure up a powerful force wave that threw Revan and his allies back.

Versus

Bariss Offee
(please log in to view the image)
A powerful jedi knight trained by the jedi master Luminara Unduli, Bariss was a highly skilled jedi was proficiency in both the force and lightsaber combat. In battle Offe utilized a blue lightsaber and the soresu form as shown when she and her master fought off a speratist ambush, however she was also able to expertly apply a Jar'kai variant of Makashi to the point where many confused her with the sith acolyte Asajj Ventress as shown when she dueled the jedi knight Anakin Skywalker. her force powers were very well developed, she was a expert healer when need be, and was capable of using the dark side force power force choke without looking at her victim, she also had some proficiency with TK as she hurled a bunch of debris at Ventress before she knocked her out.

As always I hope you'll vote for your favorite and carry them to victory! please don't forget to vote on the poll!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:50 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Barriss is spelled with two R's, Xtasy. But yeah, Barriss in a very hard fight.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 11:47 PM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Barriss was being toyed with by ahsoka in the episode "brain invaders" but if you mean the S5 Season then ****, If Barriss can easily pwn Ahsoka then she should have no problem with bastila

"When will you fools learn, no one escapes from Commander Fox!"

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 11:51 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red8

Nice image of Bastilla there.

Anyway, it's a tough call because Bastilla is largely an unknown.
Bastilla had 3 end-game duels against:

1) Darth Malak
2) Revan, Juhani, and Jolee
3) Revan

She lost all three and there is no way to know how well she did in any of them. This is pure speculation, but here is how I'm guessing these fights went down:

1) Malak was able to overpower Revan with the force at this point, so I think Bastilla would have been no match for him here.

2) I'm speculating that she did well in this one.

3) I'm speculating that she did just as well against Revan as Barriss did against Anakin.

Barriss had 2 end-of-season duels against:

1) Ahsoka
2) Anakin
Bonus: (She snuck up on Ventress and possibly incapacitated her)

She completely overwhelmed Ahsoka and she put up a good fight against Anakin but was ultimately no match for him.

I feel like Bastilla could possibly win this, but I'm going with Barriss because her feats are more fleshed out/concrete.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 02:38 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

NewGuy01 is online now!

Yeah, if nothing else you always find the best pics ever, Xtasy.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 02:59 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Bastila wins the sex appeal contest. thumb up

The North Remembers

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 03:03 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Barriss's sith gear looks like the sith warrior armor from the TOR trailers

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 03:08 AM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Yeah, if nothing else you always find the best pics ever, Xtasy.

Thanks dude, but it was a ***** trying to find a version of that Bastila pic that didn't take up the entire ****ing space lol

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 03:42 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bastila is easily getting pwned by a bunch of gangsters, she loses.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 04:08 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Barriss

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 04:20 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Bastila's got battle meditation, Barriss has badassry.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 09:20 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vote for who you think would win, guys.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 10:47 AM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Bastila's a very tricky combatant to determine so... analysis time.

First off is their martial capabilities. Bastila Shan's form is very difficult to determine, but my best estimate would be that she favors Soresu and Djem So. Whatever her chosen form of lightsaber combat was, she was evidently capable of holding off Malak long enough for Revan and his friends to escape, and was evidently capable of dueling redeemed Revan to some extent.

Barriss Offee was trained in Soresu, and was skilled enough with it to work in tandem with her master when dueling, and deflecting a ton of blasterfire on Illum. Aside from Soresu, she was also capable of mimicking Ventress's application of Makashi and Jar'kai, though her version appeared to be unrefined and sloppy, somewhat akin to Ventress at the beginning of the Clone Wars. Nevertheless, she was effective enough with this style to outduel Ahsoka. Her prowess in unarmed combat was demonstrated when she beat the crap out of Ahsoka. Barriss used all of her martial abilities in conjunction with evasion tactics, to hold her own against Anakin for a little while before falling.

Both are talented duelists, but Barriss has more tricks up her sleeve, and more combat effectiveness, and for that I give Barriss the edge in martial skill.

Now on to their physical capabilities. Like her dueling capabilities, Bastila's physical capabilities also have very little information on them. In a vision of Bastila dueling Revan, she appeared to be effectively utilizing power blows against him, and she held Malak off for a short time while her companions escaped, so it's reasonable to assume she had a decent amount of physical strength. I don't have anything for her other physical stats.

Barriss on the other hand has a bit more exposure. Barriss is quite fast, and she is very agile and flexible. She also has demonstrated great usage of acrobatics, and had the physical strength to hold out against Anakin for a time.

Barriss has the superior physical attributes, so this one goes to her obviously.

Finally we have their force abilities. Bastila Shan was perhaps most well known for her battle meditation, though this won’t come into play in a 1 on 1 scenario, as she won’t be able to play a supportive role. In combat, Bastila has demonstrated a proficiency with force stun and stasis, using them to effect against Revan and his allies, as well as displaying a high level of power with telekinesis by blasting Revan back.

Barriss on the other hand has demonstrated a crafty usage of telekinesis, frequently using it to take advantage of her environment and using it to hurl Ahsoka back. Barriss was also proficient in stealth and healing, though I doubt she’d have time to use either one of these in battle.

Both are formidable force user in their own right, but Bastila’s power along with the ironic fact that more of her abilities are applicable in straight up combat earns her the force edge.

While I do find season five Anakin as the superior to Redeemed Revan, and I do recognize that Bastila is not specced for single combat, ironically enough Bastila seems like she’d come out on top from the way their abilities stack up. Barriss could certainly give Bastila a very hard fight through superiority in physical combat, but I think Bastila would eventually be able to lock down Barriss with the force and win. I declare Bastila Shan the winner!

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 04:42 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Bastila's a very tricky combatant to determine so... analysis time.

First off is their martial capabilities. Bastila Shan's form is very difficult to determine, but my best estimate would be that she favors Soresu and Djem So. Whatever her chosen form of lightsaber combat was, she was evidently capable of holding off Malak long enough for Revan and his friends to escape, and was evidently capable of dueling redeemed Revan to some extent.

Barriss Offee was trained in Soresu, and was skilled enough with it to work in tandem with her master when dueling, and deflecting a ton of blasterfire on Illum. Aside from Soresu, she was also capable of mimicking Ventress's application of Makashi and Jar'kai, though her version appeared to be unrefined and sloppy, somewhat akin to Ventress at the beginning of the Clone Wars. Nevertheless, she was effective enough with this style to outduel Ahsoka. Her prowess in unarmed combat was demonstrated when she beat the crap out of Ahsoka. Barriss used all of her martial abilities in conjunction with evasion tactics, to hold her own against Anakin for a little while before falling.

Both are talented duelists, but Barriss has more tricks up her sleeve, and more combat effectiveness, and for that I give Barriss the edge in martial skill.

Now on to their physical capabilities. Like her dueling capabilities, Bastila's physical capabilities also have very little information on them. In a vision of Bastila dueling Revan, she appeared to be effectively utilizing power blows against him, and she held Malak off for a short time while her companions escaped, so it's reasonable to assume she had a decent amount of physical strength. I don't have anything for her other physical stats.

Barriss on the other hand has a bit more exposure. Barriss is quite fast, and she is very agile and flexible. She also has demonstrated great usage of acrobatics, and had the physical strength to hold out against Anakin for a time.

Barriss has the superior physical attributes, so this one goes to her obviously.

Finally we have their force abilities. Bastila Shan was perhaps most well known for her battle meditation, though this won’t come into play in a 1 on 1 scenario, as she won’t be able to play a supportive role. In combat, Bastila has demonstrated a proficiency with force stun and stasis, using them to effect against Revan and his allies, as well as displaying a high level of power with telekinesis by blasting Revan back.

Barriss on the other hand has demonstrated a crafty usage of telekinesis, frequently using it to take advantage of her environment and using it to hurl Ahsoka back. Barriss was also proficient in stealth and healing, though I doubt she’d have time to use either one of these in battle.

Both are formidable force user in their own right, but Bastila’s power along with the ironic fact that more of her abilities are applicable in straight up combat earns her the force edge.

While I do find season five Anakin as the superior to Redeemed Revan, and I do recognize that Bastila is not specced for single combat, ironically enough Bastila seems like she’d come out on top from the way their abilities stack up. Barriss could certainly give Bastila a very hard fight through superiority in physical combat, but I think Bastila would eventually be able to lock down Barriss with the force and win. I declare Bastila Shan the winner!
jeez, just make a youtube video about this.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 04:47 AM