KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Emperor Malgus vs. The Maul Brothers

Emperor Malgus vs. The Maul Brothers
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Emperor Malgus vs. The Maul Brothers

Malgus as of SWTOR, during his (very short) reign as the False Emperor, versus TCW Maul and Savage Opress S5. Battle takes place on a cloud in the sky.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 01:44 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Malgus wins. He lightning or TK's Savage then overpowers Maul.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 01:47 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Malgus

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 01:57 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Lol.

Maul & Savage

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 02:00 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Selenial
Lol.

Maul & Savage

Darth Malgus, at his prime, is tremendously powerful. At his prime, he contended for the position of Sith Emperor which is virtually impossible for most.

You recall the oneness in the dark side development? Malgus experienced major power boost since that development.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 02:02 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Savage's armor gives him great protection against the force, and both brothers have shown incredible pain resistance

They'd press Malgus via the blade before he could properly result to force powers, and we've seen a lot that in a duel he'll get tunnel vision and forget the force.

And don't bring up TFE, Bioware specifically left it in so that if you appeared to Malgus alone, he'd comment on YOUR character (IE, talk about being Wrath, congratulate on Dark Council etc) So we really don't know.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 02:05 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Nah, Malgus just Maelstroms them both through the cloud.

Also, no matter what a group consisting of all four people, from either side, went to take on Malgus. The False Emperor is completely valid. No matter what, he's a strong combatant.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 02:13 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Savage's armor gives him great protection against the force, and both brothers have shown incredible pain resistance

They'd press Malgus via the blade before he could properly result to force powers, and we've seen a lot that in a duel he'll get tunnel vision and forget the force.

And Malgus' lightning is capable of burning through a torso even after overwhelming the lightsaber defense of a powerful Jedi. And his lightning vastly improved after that point. His lightning would knock out or kill Savage. Their pain tolerance is irrelevant. If Malgus actually wounds one it's game over.

Lolwut? Malgus used the Force in his duel with Satele, his fight against the Zabrak Jedi in The Third Lesson, in his assualt on the Jedi Temple, in both his duels against Aryn Leneer and in his fight with Adraas. That's like 80% of all his fights. Malgus regularly utilises the Force in a fight and doesn't suffer from tunnel vision. If anything Maul and Savage have that disadvantage since both are hardcore warriors.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 02:20 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

And don't bring up TFE, Bioware specifically left it in so that if you appeared to Malgus alone, he'd comment on YOUR character (IE, talk about being Wrath, congratulate on Dark Council etc) So we really don't know.

Malgus's powers are too much for the brothers to handle. He tolerated direct missile hits, destroyed powerful Jedi with his lightning powers alone, cast aside tons of debris away from him while being heavily injured, defeated some of the greatest Jedi in battles, single-handedly routed Republic forces in some battles, and survived in situations that would be impossible for most. These feats are before Malgus achieved Oneness like condition.

Even as a swordsman, Maglus have subdued some opponents with incredible martial abilities.

Malgus's battlefield feats have never been duplicated according to Darth (freaking) Sidious himself who have history with Darth Plagueis, Darth Vader, Count Dooku, Darth Maul, Savage Opress and Assaj Ventress.

Malgus is simply too powerful for this duo. His Force Maelstrom abilities will be too much for the duo to contend with.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 02:22 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Nephthys
And Malgus' lightning is capable of burning through a torso even after overwhelming the lightsaber defense of a powerful Jedi. And his lightning vastly improved after that point. His lightning would knock out or kill Savage. Their pain tolerance is irrelevant. If Malgus actually wounds one it's game over.

Lolwut? Malgus used the Force in his duel with Satele, his fight against the Zabrak Jedi in The Third Lesson, in his assualt on the Jedi Temple, in both his duels against Aryn Leneer and in his fight with Adraas. That's like 80% of all his fights. Malgus regularly utilises the Force in a fight and doesn't suffer from tunnel vision. If anything Maul and Savage have that disadvantage since both are hardcore warriors.

Yes he used the force, but did he constantly try push his opponents back so he could play on this advantage? No, it was few and far between.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 02:49 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yes he used the force, but did he constantly try push his opponents back so he could play on this advantage? No, it was few and far between.

In tough fights he uses it at optimal moments to give himself an advantage. So for like Satele, Zallow and Aryn he couldn't straight up overpower them but used it to push them back and give himself the advantage at certain moments. In his fight against the Zabrak Jedi he states that he could overpower the guy at any point but wanted a satisfying saber kill. When he had enough though he ended it with one lightning attack. Similarly when he achieved his darkside enlightenment against Aryn he instantly pwned her with lightning. He also tossed around Adraas with the Force multiple times to show off his dominance.

Against people like Maul and Savage whom he can overpower with TK and Lightning, I see no reason why he would hold back. Besides, I tend not to take characters personalities into account in these threads. If the character can overpower their opponent with the Force, I argue they can in the thread.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 03:01 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Against people like Maul and Savage whom he can overpower with TK

(please log in to view the image) http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...e+push+army.png

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 03:05 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I like that chicks outfit. Purple and gold? Nice.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 03:06 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

I'm going with the Maul Brothers, they gave Obi-Wan some difficulty a few times and would've killed him had it not been for him using Adi Gallia's lightsaber. though Obi doesn't compare to Malgus in terms of Raw power, the maul brother are powerful combatants. I feel like the SoD comic will elevate Maul to a whole new level - same thing goes for Talzin.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 03:17 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I'm going with the Maul Brothers, they gave Obi-Wan some difficulty a few times and would've killed him had it not been for him using Adi Gallia's lightsaber. though Obi doesn't compare to Malgus in terms of Raw power, the maul brother are powerful combatants. I feel like the SoD comic will elevate Maul to a whole new level - same thing goes for Talzin.

"I think the bothers win because they lost to an inferior opponent and might get good feats in the future."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 03:20 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Obi-Wan won because of the setting, anyway, not because he had two lightsabers. The setting here puts them at an extreme disadvantage. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 03:24 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No kidding. Malgus pushes one of them off the cloud and its gg. And he can do that.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 03:26 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

"I think the bothers win because they lost to an inferior opponent and might get good feats in the future."

LOL That is how it sounds like. But still Obi only won Because of Jar'Kai had he not he might've died imo. also i forgot to add that in a lightsaber only fight Malgus would probably die.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 03:27 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I assume they have cloudwalk cast on them.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 03:29 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

The brothers win.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 05:01 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote