KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Jacen Solo vs Hero of Tythom

Jacen Solo vs Hero of Tythom
Started by: Sinious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Jacen Solo vs Hero of Tythom

force - sabers - all out

Who is the superior Jedi?

The winner shall be placed at no.3 in my top 5 jedi list!

Last edited by Sinious on Aug 16th, 2014 at 12:51 AM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 12:47 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Hero.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 12:50 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Jacen

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 01:06 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Jacen in every area.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 02:39 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nalaniel

Jacen.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 09:31 AM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Jacen with ease.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 09:50 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Well, it seems the majority sides with Jacen. I'm inclined to agree. However, if there is one thing HoT is better at, its tanking and I think in a sabers only duel, HoT might have a chance too.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 04:50 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Not even. Caedus is one of the most incredible tanks in the mythos.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 04:57 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Not even. Caedus is one of the most incredible tanks in the mythos.

Can you elaborate on how Jacen is one of the most incredible tanks in the mythos?

Last edited by Sinious on Aug 16th, 2014 at 05:30 PM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 05:27 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

You people act as if there is some massive difference between the two. Almost all of Jacen's best feats were prior to his fall.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 05:30 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I actually asked to find out about his tanking and also just to make sure you are talking about him as a jedi.

So again, how is Jacen one of the most incredible tanks in the mythos. I know he is supremely powerful and was one of the most prodigious force users ever lived but I'm curious about his taking skills.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 05:34 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

As far as Force Tanking, which is what I'm assuming you're talking about with the HoT, Jacen walks through hordes Turbolaser fire. (The same canons that were placed as the defenses of the Death Star.)

As far as physical tanking goes, read his fight with Luke. The guy gets slashed through the kidney at the very start and it barely even fazes him. Then there's, you know, the Embrace (Yuuzhan Vong torture device that humbled Krayt) that Luke uses a weapon against him mid-fight. no expression

For that matter, I could point out that he fought Jaina whilst being shot by sniper rounds, armless, etc. The guy just goes through a horde of shit regularly and is still top dog.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Aug 16th, 2014 at 05:44 PM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 05:41 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

He's insane. thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 05:44 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by NewGuy01
As far as Force Tanking, which is what I'm assuming you're talking about with the HoT, Jacen walks through hordes Turbolaser fire. (The same canons that were placed as the defenses of the Death Star.)

I didn't know about this, its really impressive.

Actually I am not certain which type of tanking I'm talking about cause I have no idea with what technique HoT defended against Vitiate's attacks.

quote:
As far as physical tanking goes, read his fight with Luke. The guy gets slashed through the kidney at the very start and it barely even fazes him. Then there's, you know, the Embrace (Yuuzhan Vong torture device that humbled Krayt) that Luke uses a weapon against him mid-fight. no expression

For that matter, I could point out that he fought Jaina whilst being shot by sniper rounds, armless, etc. The guy just goes through a horde of shit regularly and is still top dog.

Yes, well I don't see how these are superior feats to defending against Vitaite's attacks.

By the way, even though I agree there isnt a huge gap between Jacen and Caedus' power levels, I have to say that his tanking against Luke and Jaine are all achieved by him as a sith which isnt something to ignore completely.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 05:55 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Lord Spino
who is the hero of tython

Your Jedi character in TOR

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 06:14 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I don't see shrugging off injury as "tanking" myself. That's pain resistance. I see tanking as having great lightsaber and force defenses that let you weather an assault. Also in having heavy armor that prevents injury. Which the HoT has as an advantage since s/he almost certainly has extremely high quality heavy battle armor as her standard equipment.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 06:21 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote