KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » OT Vader, RotS Dooku and SoD Maul versus TOR

How their mission end?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
They fall at 1 4 57.14%
They clear 1, but fall at 2 0 0%
They clear both 3 42.86%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

OT Vader, RotS Dooku and SoD Maul versus TOR
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

OT Vader, RotS Dooku and SoD Maul versus TOR

The Emperor gathers his apprentices and gives them a task of great importance.
They are to travel back in time and wipe out powerful force-users from the TOR era.
First they battle the Jedi, and if they clear, with health restored they battle the Sith.
Can they complete the mission?

Neutral setting. No nexus/amp.

Jedi:
Revan, HoT, Barsen’thor

Sith:
Vitiate, Scourge, Malgus

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 12:27 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Mauls the weak link.

Falls at 1.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 12:40 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nalaniel

They fall at 1.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 01:02 PM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nalaniel
They fall at 1.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 01:06 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

I'm not sure if Barsen'thor can take Maul down. Maul is also a force-beast and should be a better duelist.

Revan vs Vader and HoT vs Dooku would be close, but I give the overall edge to Sidious's apprentices.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 01:35 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Good thread! Team Jedi is an interesting match for these three.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 01:47 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Stigma
I'm not sure if Barsen'thor can take Maul down. Maul is also a force-beast and should be a better duelist.

Maul's more of a TK beast than a Force beast, and the Barsen'thor should have no problem dealing with his TK.
quote:

Revan vs Vader and HoT vs Dooku would be close, but I give the overall edge to Sidious's apprentices.

Doubtful. While Vader might be able to handle Revan 1 on 1, the HoT can definitely deal with Dooku before Vader could finish Revan.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 02:13 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Maul's more of a TK beast than a Force beast, and the Barsen'thor should have no problem dealing with his TK.

That’s nice… but Maul will also have no problem dealing with Barsen’thor’s TK.
They are comparable force-wise, whereas Maul is a better duelist. He will pose a big problem to Barsen’thor in sabers and eventually overcome him in all-out.
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Doubtful. While Vader might be able to handle Revan 1 on 1, the HoT can definitely deal with Dooku before Vader could finish Revan.

The only thing that is doubtful is your assertion that HoT is above Dooku.
Similarly to Barsen’thor/Maul situation I see them as relatively equal in the force department, while Dooku holds an advantage as a duelist.
It will be close, but ultimately the good Count prevails.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 02:48 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Stigma
That’s nice… but Maul will also have no problem dealing with Barsen’thor’s TK.
They are comparable force-wise, whereas Maul is a better duelist.

They are hardly comparable Force-wise.
quote:

He will pose a big problem to Barsen’thor in sabers and eventually overcome him in all-out.

The Barsen'thor has dealt with better dualist then Maul with Bubbles. I doubt Maul will be the great challenge that you keep hyping him to be.
quote:

The only thing that is doubtful is your assertion that HoT is above Dooku.

Similarly to Barsen’thor/Maul situation I see them as relatively equal in the force department,

How? The Hero of Tython has already demonstrated that they have no problem dealing with far more advance Lightning and that they are adapt in TK, speed, and shields. Dooku hardly approaches.
quote:

while Dooku holds an advantage as a duelist.

No. The HoT's swordsmanship, by the end, is on par with the greatest duelist in the galaxy. Some of which have been honing their craft for centuries.
quote:

It will be close, but ultimately the good Count prevails.

The way Dooku crumbled in his final duel makes me doubt it.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 02:56 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Maul really isn't comparable to 'Thor, Force-wise.

Originally posted by Nalaniel
They fall at 1.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 03:53 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

They stomp 1.

Barsen is featless as a duelist, and a one off TK showing doesn't prove he/she can hang with high tier duelists like Vader or Tyranus. Revan gets telekinetically destroyed by Vader, and Hero isn't carrying his team to victory.

They stomp 2 as well.

Clear

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 05:54 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The Barsen'thor has more than a one-off TK showing.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 06:02 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zett

They will beat Jedi team due to their superior skills with sabers. Barsen’thor is far from being at Sidious' and Yoda'ss level in TK, so I doubt that he will be able to beat anyone of PT team.

Sith team will be much harder to beat because of Vitiate. Anyway, I think that either Dooku or Vader will be able to hold-off Vitiate, while the other one will destroy Malgus. In the same time, Maul will be able to kill Scourge.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 06:31 PM
Click here to Send Zett a Private Message Find more posts by Zett Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Vader alone should be sufficient for an unamped/unboosted Vitiate. But I agree they'll have more difficulty with the Sith, Malgus should be able to hold of either. Scourge is fodder to any of them though

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 06:35 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The Barsen'thor beating an ancient Sith Lord who was drawing on the power of hundreds of Jedi Masters, while wounded and after fighting through his capital ship is a superior feat to anything Maul has done. She'd kick his ass.

It also goes without saying that the TOR Sith team win.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 06:43 PM
Zett

Mace's TK showings in CW cartoon are also superior to Sidious' from the movies. Nihilus' drain showings are also superior to anything that other Sith Lords have ever shown. Sometimes, that kind of "feats" means nothing.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 06:47 PM
Click here to Send Zett a Private Message Find more posts by Zett Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Nephthys
The Barsen'thor beating an ancient Sith Lord who was drawing on the power of hundreds of Jedi Masters, while wounded and after fighting through his capital ship is a superior feat to anything Maul has done. She'd kick his ass.

It also goes without saying that the TOR Sith team win.

Barsen has defeated no one with feats, and lacks any saber skills to suggest he is even better than Obi Wan ROTS. Unless you have anything more substantial than beating some random fodder Sith, Barsen has got nothing on either of the three as duelists.

Maul can easily outduel Barsen, he doesn't need the force to kick Barsen's ass.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 06:52 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Zett
Mace's TK showings in CW cartoon are also superior to Sidious' from the movies. Nihilus' drain showings are also superior to anything that other Sith Lords have ever shown. Sometimes, that kind of "feats" means nothing.

Mace's TK feats were done in a cartoon that was heavily stylised and exaggerated. Every character was performing feats superior to those of Sidious. And Nihilus' drain showing straight up is superior to anything that any other Sith Lord has shown. no expression

You can't just ignore the feat for no reason, bro.

Originally posted by carthage
Barsen has defeated no one with feats, and lacks any saber skills to suggest he is even better than Obi Wan ROTS. Unless you have anything more substantial than beating some random fodder Sith, Barsen has got nothing on either of the three as duelists.

Maul can easily outduel Barsen, he doesn't need the force to kick Barsen's ass.

Gee, it's almost as if the Barsen'thor is a combatant who focuses on fighting with the Force or something, durrr!

She will toss him around before it becomes a lightsaber duel. And she has dodged lightning and blitzed large Rakatan war droids.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 06:53 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Nephthys
Mace's TK feats were done in a cartoon that was heavily stylised and exaggerated. Every character was performing feats superior to those of Sidious. And Nihilus' drain showing straight up is superior to anything that any other Sith Lord has shown. no expression

You can't just ignore the feat for no reason, bro.

Was OCW retconned?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 06:55 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Maybe.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 07:02 PM