KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Malak vs Barsenthor

Darth Malak vs Barsenthor
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Darth Malak vs Barsenthor

Round 1: Unamped Malak

Round 2: SF amp

All out

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 08:46 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Darth Malak on the Star Forge can pull through probably. (inb4 Neph says Darth Malak sucks, yet every other source says otherwise.)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 08:54 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Barsen'thor.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 09:00 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nalaniel

Not sure about round 2, but Barsen'thor definitely takes round 1.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 09:28 PM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nalaniel
Not sure about round 2, but Barsen'thor definitely takes round 1.

thumb up

Exactly my thoughts.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 09:41 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The Barsen'thor wins both rounds. Malak doesn't suck, no. But 'Thor is in the top 5 most powerful Jedi to ever live in my estimation, with some of the best TK and combat feats of anyone. She's simply more powerful, more skilled and a better fighter than Malak is. Even with the SF amp he can't take her. This is the guy who lost to a tired Kotor Revan multiple times. I think the Barsen'thor can take him once.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 09:47 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nalaniel

Originally posted by Sinious
thumb up

Exactly my thoughts.

I'm in your head. laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Nephthys
This is the guy who lost to a tired Kotor Revan multiple times. I think the Barsen'thor can take him once.

You threw in "Kotor" as if that makes it lesser, which I don't understand. Drew even stated that, "on some days, the younger, pre-rebirth Revan might be stronger (then Revan from TOR). Revan might have been tired, yes, but most fights in Star Wars aren't perfectly balanced situations. In response to "multiple times", for a full Lightside path, Revan could have used the Force to free the Jedi captives (similar to a Wall of Light technique), something that the KotORPG states injured Darth Malak when he went and drained it (makes a lot of sense really, a Sith Lord draining an area encased in the lightside will obviously damage a darksider). Everything was relative.
Barsen'thor might win more times then Darth Malak, given that she was able to overcome the First Son, but like against Revan, it will be "brutal" for both of them. smile

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 10:14 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I see no reason why Barsen takes sabers in any round

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 10:18 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

You never played KotOR or TOR.
I see no reason why you even entered this topic.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 10:20 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

If Malak can heal, he might take round 2, and I'm guessing he can.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 10:20 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

I'm fairly certain Malak with the SF amp could take the Barsen'thor down, though with great difficulty. and the Barsen'thor would obviously take Malak unamped.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 10:34 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
You threw in "Kotor" as if that makes it lesser, which I don't understand. Drew even stated that, "on some days, the younger, pre-rebirth Revan might be stronger (then Revan from TOR). Revan might have been tired, yes, but most fights in Star Wars aren't perfectly balanced situations. In response to "multiple times", for a full Lightside path, Revan could have used the Force to free the Jedi captives (similar to a Wall of Light technique), something that the KotORPG states injured Darth Malak when he went and drained it (makes a lot of sense really, a Sith Lord draining an area encased in the lightside will obviously damage a darksider). Everything was relative.
Barsen'thor might win more times then Darth Malak, given that she was able to overcome the First Son, but like against Revan, it will be "brutal" for both of them. smile

Kotor Revan lacks Darth Revan's memories and skills. Reborn Revan eclipses his amnesiac self in force and probably lightsaber mastery. And he's likely more powerful too.

You stating Revan might not have actually beaten Malak multiple times straight up only makes Kotor Revan look worse, so nice job?

Act 1 Barsen'thor beats Malak, let alone Act 3. Beating Vivicar proves that she can take SF Malak in my eyes.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
You never played KotOR or TOR.
I see no reason why you even entered this topic.

Because he's the one that made it?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 10:47 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Because he's the one that made it?

I know; I don't want him even in his own topics.
quote:
Kotor Revan lacks Darth Revan's memories and skills. Reborn Revan eclipses his amnesiac self in force and probably lightsaber mastery. And he's likely more powerful too.

So your opinion is > the maker of Revan now? Ah, interesting.
Wrong. KotOR Revan has majority of Darth Revan's memories by the end of the game (Darth Malak, Rakata Prime, and Bastila Shan helped make such happen).
What he doesn't have are the memories of him during the Mandalorian Wars and his encounter with Lord Vitiate.
quote:
You stating Revan might not have actually beaten Malak multiple times straight up only makes Kotor Revan look worse, so nice job?

I just lol'ed. It is confirmed in canon Kotor Revan beat Malak three times. I explained this a million times to you, how have you still not processed such?
The other drain pods are up for grabs. Going strictly light-side, he frees all the remaining pods, and Darth Malak would have *probably* been injured at least once by such.
Everything I am telling you now, I already have told you before. I don't know if it's because you just ignore Darth Malak's feats or have the inability to process memories correctly, though.
quote:
Act 1 Barsen'thor beats Malak, let alone Act 3. Beating Vivicar proves that she can take SF Malak in my eyes.

Here you go.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Aug 26th, 2014 at 01:42 AM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 01:35 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

That being said, there's a statement saying that Revan in "Revan" was far more powerful than he was as early Darth Revan.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 04:15 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

He wasn't Darth Revan yet when he confronted Vitiate the first time.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 04:23 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Malak takes sabers in both rounds and SF amp Malak takes Force.

Malak is evidently a lot more powerful than people give him credit for.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 05:24 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Gooooooood.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 05:36 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I always thought Malak was one of the most under-rated Sith, almost exactly like Dooku as a matter of fact.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 05:37 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote