KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Quinlan Vos vs. Darth Nihl

Quinlan Vos vs. Darth Nihl
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Quinlan Vos vs. Darth Nihl

Force, sabers, all out

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 10:29 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

So is this peak Vos? or the Vos that got stomped by Kolar?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 10:31 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

I'm going with Nihl either way tbh

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 10:33 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I'm confident that even pre-CW Quinlan could defeat Sazen's likes--He's pretty vastly underrated. He won't take Nihl though.

Post-CW Quinlan is arguable.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 12:03 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I'm confident that even pre-CW Quinlan could defeat Sazen's likes--He's pretty vastly underrated.

I feel Sazen's a bit underrated. He's not flashy with his powers, but he consistently performs pretty well against strong foes who do have good feats under their belts.

He's not a powerhouse, but I put him at mid-council level. Nihl at high.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 12:39 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Wonder if Nihl got more powerful as Dark Lord...

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 12:41 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Unfortunately, we'll never know.

I suppose it depends on how long he can go before being caught.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 12:44 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
I feel Sazen's a bit underrated.

I feel you tend to overrate him.

quote:
He's not flashy with his powers, but he consistently performs pretty well against strong foes who do have good feats under their belts.

Against the stronger foes such as Talon or Nihl, he is consistently outclassed, and subsequently dominated. He can demonstratably perform well against Sith like Azard, but only consistently wins when the circumstances favor it.

Now, it's obvious that he's far from weak. He's shown himself to be a high level master that can take on Sith in impressive quantities, even if they are fodder-ish. He even went out like a champ with Stryfe in a... somewhat questionable duel.

But none of that really makes him a council-level warrior such as Ki-Adi or Shaak--Or even Koth. Puting him on the lower end of that spectrum is probably more reasonable.

quote:
He's not a powerhouse, but I put him at mid-council level. Nihl at high.

I agree about Nihl--but you can't really have them that closely ranked considering how Nihl treats Wolf on a regular basis.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 01:21 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote:

Against the stronger foes such as Talon or Nihl, he is consistently outclassed, and subsequently dominated.

Not consistently- he's been able to hold out against them for a long time as well.

quote:

But none of that really makes him a council-level warrior such as Ki-Adi or Shaak--Or even Koth. Puting him on the lower end of that spectrum is probably more reasonable.

Well, I put Shaak at High council, and Mundi and Koth at mid, but higher in mid than Sazen.

Low council is, like, Adi Galli.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 02:11 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
Not consistently- he's been able to hold out against them for a long time as well.

Not really. In his first battle with Nihl he was instantly annihilated. In his battle with Talon he was quickly taken down even with Shado's aid. In his second battle with Nihl he was able to hold him off briefly, but was still being driven to his heels until Cade intervened.

quote:
Well, I put Shaak at High council, and Mundi and Koth at mid, but higher in mid than Sazen.

Shaak and Mundi are high Council level, yeah.

quote:
Low council is, like, Adi Galli.

I'd argue she's as or more capable as Koth, but regardless she's likely Sazen's superior as well.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 02:57 AM
Q99

Not really. In his first battle with Nihl he was instantly annihilated. In his battle with Talon he was quickly taken down even with Shado's aid. In his second battle with Nihl he was able to hold him off briefly, but was still being driven to his heels until Cade intervened.

That was a pretty long time holding him off, I felt. It was some time before Cade got his head in the game, after all.

Fighting purely defensively, to be sure, he knew he couldn't beat Nihl, but made it drag out.

quote:

I'd argue she's as or more capable as Koth, but regardless she's likely Sazen's superior as well.

Ehhh... all she's shown is pretty good dueling, and Sazen's got that.

I mean, going to Azard, Azard was in a pretty long fight with Treis Sinde, who's in turn shown himself to be a solid master and is one of Emperor Fel's sparring partners (Fel *definitely* being High Council).

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 04:03 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
Ehhh... all she's shown is pretty good dueling, and Sazen's got that.

She's stalemated Grievous twice--And by no means does Azard have better dueling feats than him.

Also, just an interesting note--The databanks of TCWA note her exclusively amongst the Council members to have a very unorthodox lightsaber technique.

quote:
I mean, going to Azard, Azard was in a pretty long fight with Treis Sinde, who's in turn shown himself to be a solid master and is one of Emperor Fel's sparring partners (Fel *definitely* being High Council)

You take this so seriously, then turn around and write off Saesee because his duels with Mace Windu were only sparring matches. Double standards 101~

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 05:16 AM
Q99

You take this so seriously, then turn around and write off Saesee because his duels with Mace Windu were only sparring matches. Double standards 101~

Well, one of them *was* a real battle to the death with sabers, force powers, explosions, the works, and the other *is* a lone saber only sparing match- Quinlan's done sparing matches with Windu too. And Windu does tend to not dominate until he gets really serious anyway (Quilan was doing all right until he used a move of Vaapad, then Windu got serious and shut him down).

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 01:04 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

First off, I'm talking about Tres and Roan. Secondly, you need to re-read Quinlan's sparring match with Mace--It's completely incomparable to Saesee's.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 01:55 PM
Q99

It wasn't a particularly long match, we only saw a little of it, and sure, he's stronger than Vos but that doesn't mean he's all *that* close to Windu's full level.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 09:35 PM