KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Aryn Leneer, Gnost-Dural and Darth Scabrous vs The Maul Brothers

Aryn Leneer, Gnost-Dural and Darth Scabrous vs The Maul Brothers
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WildBantha88

Aryn Leneer, Gnost-Dural and Darth Scabrous vs The Maul Brothers

Maul only has his Dark Saber.

Aryn Leneer has her masters lightsaber as well as her own

Scabrous has his sith sword as well as his lightsaber.

Can The Bantha Crew pull through or will they be killed?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 01:53 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Brothers SLAUGHTERHOUSE

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 02:10 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Can The Bantha Crew pull through or will they be killed?

LOL "Bantha crew" i never would have thought of that.

Anyway. Aryn is very skilled - exceptionally skilled and was able to press Malgus for a while, i think she could most definitely handle and defeat Savage. Maul can handle Gnost and Scabrous for a while , but i think Aryn will be able to quickly defeat Savage and then assist her allies. I doubt even Maul can handle three powerful and talented opponents. The Bantha Crew(lol) take the win.

Great thread Bantha, I get tired of seeing the same old threads. this was kind of refreshing. thumb up

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 02:43 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Originally posted by carthage
Brothers SLAUGHTERHOUSE

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 03:31 AM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Interesting fight, a shame you didn't include the newbie--Her name was Brock, right?

This fight is a bit of a tricky one. I'll go T1 if it makes you happy.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 03:49 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Interesting fight, a shame you didn't include the newbie--Her name was Brock, right?

This fight is a bit of a tricky one. I'll go T1 if it makes you happy.

I don't make this threads to appease myself. I think its a shame im the only people who debates these characters

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 03:55 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

But you called it team bantha. no expression

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 03:57 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

My thoughts:

I think Scabrous fighting Savage would be interesting just because of their comparative physical strength but Savage (even though I hate to admit that he is competent) would take the upper hand.

Aryn can give Maul a run for his money, if she solos him doesn't really matter because who ever Gnost Dural decides to assist is going to defeat their opponent and I don't think one of the brothers can solo any combination of two of these combatants let alone three.

Although it will be hard and close The Bantha Crew should pull through

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 04:00 AM
WildBantha88

Originally posted by NewGuy01
But you called it team bantha. no expression
Because I (the wise and mighty Bantha) am the only one who actually cares about these characters, and I also introduced them to ya guys. (exception being Aryn. People actually like her *Yay*) That's why they are the Bantha Crew

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 04:02 AM
WildBantha88

By the by. All of you who hate the Bantha Crew. Im working on some new candidates so just giving you something to look forward to smile

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 04:07 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

LOL nice job Bantha. Too bad I couldn't properly observe it yesterday...

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 12:19 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The brothers should take this rather solidly, Dural and Scabrous can easily get ragdolled or oneshot by Maul. And Maul has held himself well against teams before, and has more powerful TK feats than either Scabrous or Dural.

Savage can potentially hold them off for a while, for Aryn to die to Maul. Either way Maul can ragdoll Dural or oneshot Scabrous.

The brothers should take this for a majority

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 08:18 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

The brothers should take this rather solidly, Dural and Scabrous can easily get ragdolled or oneshot by Maul. And Maul has held himself well against teams before, and has more powerful TK feats than either Scabrous or Dural.

Savage can potentially hold them off for a while, for Aryn to die to Maul. Either way Maul can ragdoll Dural or oneshot Scabrous.

The brothers should take this for a majority

I disagree. First of its not in Mauls MO to open up a fight with force powers, he would engage them with sabers first and try to beat them through martial skill and in that regard he is facing a highly skilled jedi master who has learned all seven forms and a super natural freak of the dark side who can shake a stone floor with a one handed lightsaber strike. He would have his work cut out for him to beat both of them at once

But when Maul does resort to his force abilities he does have more raw power than either of his oppnents so he would beat them pretty handily but that is leaving more than enough time for Aryn to finish off Savage. And Aryn plus either Gnost or Scabby= a dead Maul

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 09:31 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by WildBantha88
I disagree. First of its not in Mauls MO to open up a fight with force powers, he would engage them with sabers first and try to beat them through martial skill and in that regard he is facing a highly skilled jedi master who has learned all seven forms and a super natural freak of the dark side who can shake a stone floor with a one handed lightsaber strike. He would have his work cut out for him to beat both of them at once

But when Maul does resort to his force abilities he does have more raw power than either of his oppnents so he would beat them pretty handily but that is leaving more than enough time for Aryn to finish off Savage. And Aryn plus either Gnost or Scabby= a dead Maul

His "MO" has nothing to do with his showings, he is considerably more skilled, slightly more powerful, and faster than Deceived Malgus was. Dural has no showings to compete with his speed seeing as he's roughly as fast as Malgus to begin with. Comparatively Maul has driven his fist through a wampas torso, broken durasteel binders, smashes tables, broken doors, smashed through the durasteel armor of droids, taken down General Grievous, choking out a 300lb creature without the aid of the force.

Mau is stronger.

He's fought teams before so dealing with Scabrous and Dural at once wont be an issue. Dural is likely a skilled as Jinn but nothing from Scabrous, shows that he can't be ragdolled and vice versa for Dural.

quote:
enough time for Aryn to finish off Savage. And Aryn plus either Gnost or Scabby= a dead Maul

Aryn struggled to defeat Malgus who is just as hulking and powerful as Savage. Savage has also killed Jedi council members, held his own against Kenobi, and is sufficient in raw power enough to shatter glass, send a massive army flying, and force choke Ventress and Tyranus at once.

She isn't taking him out easily (if she does win), and likewise, Savage has better feats than either Dural or Scabrous

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 09:40 PM
WildBantha88

His "MO" has everything to do with his showings. His showings say that he doesn't open up ragdoling, he is far to proud of his dueling abilities. And as far as a duelist goes he outclasses Gnost and Scabrous individually but both Gnost and Scabrous have impressive showings. Gnost is capable of taking on three opponents at a time even after endure hours of unspeakable torture and Scabrous could defeat a jedi knight with laughable ease while completely blind. Also Gnost soresu is described as nearly impenetrable and perfectly executed so Maul is not taking these guys out with sabers easily.

Also every time Maul has engaged multiple opponents he has had his saber staff, a weapon optimized to take one multiple opponents, and he doesn't have that in this battle.

As for Maul being stronger, no he isn't. When Scabrous hit something with a lightsaber Hestizo said she could feel it in the root of her being IIRC. Maul couldn't shake a stone floor with a one handed lightsaber strike and all the feats you mentioned for Maul are replaceable by Scabrous.

And as for Gnosts speed, he can move so fast that people thought their minds were playing tricks on them and can strike at the very least 4 times per second. Decieved Malgus doesn't have speed feats of that caliber

Last edited by WildBantha88 on Sep 23rd, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 12:57 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

That's not true, there have been times that Maul has literally opened a fight with a ragdoll. (And simultaneously ended it, too.)

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 12:58 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

He's fought teams before so dealing with Scabrous and Dural at once wont be an issue. Dural is likely a skilled as Jinn but nothing from Scabrous, shows that he can't be ragdolled and vice versa for Dural.

Aside from Dural taking on three Dark Jedi on a Nexus? No one is getting ragdolled.

quote:
Aryn struggled to defeat Malgus who is just as hulking and powerful as Savage. Savage has also killed Jedi council members, held his own against Kenobi, and is sufficient in raw power enough to shatter glass, send a massive army flying, and force choke Ventress and Tyranus at once.

Savage didn't do well against Kenobi, he got his arm cut off in that fight, Gallia lost to him due to his Superior strength. he "bested" Plo Koon by taking off his breather mask, most of his feats are circumstantial, choking Tyranus and Ventress is a good feat though.

Aryn however, had no trouble with Malgus' strength and even had the edge during the beginning of their fights. She gave Malgus trouble, She can deal Savage or hold Maul off.

quote:
She isn't taking him out easily (if she does win), and likewise, Savage has better feats than either Dural or Scabrous

Dural fought three different Jedi and was an expert duelist. His power with force speed was so great that most thought it was their imagination playing tricks on them when he passed through them. Scabrous dealt with a Jedi with easy and shattered a stone ground with a strike of his blade. You got speed and power. Savage can't deal with that. Maul could hold out, but only until Aryn or Gnost/Scabrous defeat Savage.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 01:07 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote:
And as for Gnosts speed, he can move so fast that people thought their minds were playing tricks on them and can strike at the very least 4 times per second. Decieved Malgus doesn't have speed feats of that caliber

Malgus has moved in a blur, moved his saber fast enough to form a shield, struck as fast as a viper, moved his saber fast enough to form a red blur, and kept up with Leneer whose speed feats you may recall. Gnost is hardly faster than him.

quote:
His "MO" has everything to do with his showings. His showings say that he doesn't open up ragdoling, he is far to proud of his dueling abilities. And as far as a duelist goes he outclasses Gnost and Scabrous individually but both Gnost and Scabrous have impressive showings.

Not seeing anything that is more impressive than Maul fighting evenly with Windu, beating Kenobi in TCW, beating Anoon Bondara, beating Qui Gon Jinn, and fighting evenly with Grievous in SOD.

quote:
Gnost is capable of taking on three opponents at a time even after endure hours of unspeakable torture and Scabrous could defeat a jedi knight with laughable ease while completely blind. Also Gnost soresu is described as nearly impenetrable and perfectly executed so Maul is not taking these guys out with sabers easily.

He's handled better duelists than either of them. He can surely engage either and based on ragdolling TCW Kenobi/sending him flying, he can just as easily take out Scabrous at the very least without much ado.

quote:
As for Maul being stronger, no he isn't. When Scabrous hit something with a lightsaber Hestizo said she could feel it in the root of her being IIRC. Maul couldn't shake a stone floor with a one handed lightsaber strike and all the feats you mentioned for Maul are replaceable by Scabrous.

Maul has smashed through training droids with durasteel armor during the early part of Shadow Hunter
Chain charged, its weapon whirling over its head like the propeller of a gyrocraft. The heavy links lashed toward him. Maul spun on his right foot and shot his left leg out in a powerful side kick, slamming his boot into the droid’s armored chest, stopping it cold.

Maul dropped, hooked his left foot around the back of the droid’s ankle, and pulled as he kicked hard at the droid’s thigh with the other foot. The droid fell backwards, unable to maintain its balance, and hit the floor. Maul sprang up, did a front flip, and came down with both boot heels driving into the droid’s head. The metal skull crunched and collapsed inward. Lights flashed and the hard-shell photoreceptors shattered.
[/quote]

He's also shattered durasteel cuffs around his wrists, granted based on your feat its only Scabrous that might have an issue with his strength.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 01:18 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote:
Aside from Dural taking on three Dark Jedi on a Nexus? No one is getting ragdolled.

Dural may or may not but Scabrous has nothing to suggest he doesn't get subjected to it. Maul has hurled shuttles, hurled a ship, collapsed a cave, blasted droids back, etc. He is in a TK class well above any of the fighters in question.

quote:
Savage didn't do well against Kenobi, he got his arm cut off in that fight, Gallia lost to him due to his Superior strength. he "bested" Plo Koon by taking off his breather mask, most of his feats are circumstantial, choking Tyranus and Ventress is a good feat though.

He's forced Kenobi back many times, and that performance isn't indicative of facing three inferior duelists to Kenobi. I never implied he best Koon, but there is no reason to suggest Koon is that far above him. Savage on his own has sent armies flying (along with his brother, shattered glass, and lifted two of the obelisk stones (albeit briefly) that weighed tons. He is a solid fighter and has superior feats to either Scabrous or Dural

quote:
Aryn however, had no trouble with Malgus' strength and even had the edge during the beginning of their fights. She gave Malgus trouble, She can deal Savage or hold Maul off.

She can quite obviously handle Savage I already mentioned that. Malgus is more skilled than Savage, but quite obviously they're quite comparable in physical attributes.

quote:
Dural fought three different Jedi and was an expert duelist. His power with force speed was so great that most thought it was their imagination playing tricks on them when he passed through them. Scabrous dealt with a Jedi with easy and shattered a stone ground with a strike of his blade. You got speed and power. Savage can't deal with that. Maul could hold out, but only until Aryn or Gnost/Scabrous defeat Savage.

Savage has thrown his lightsaber faster than a roomful of people could react to, moved faster than the blink of an eye, and isn't a slow fighter by any stretch. I'm not seeing any real difference in speed between Dural, Scabrous, or Savage at least. Maul is the confirmed fastest fighter on the field.

Savage has fought evenly with Ventress, held his own against Plo Koon (at the least), and driven back Kenobi and Anakin

In terms of TK He's sent hundreds of men flying with his brother, sent Kenobi and Anakin flying back, destroyed a prison cell made of Mandalorian iron, pushed a ship off a cliff etc.

None of those are 'circumstantial' showings

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 01:37 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Not seeing anything that is more impressive than Maul fighting evenly with Windu.

We never saw the clash, he didn't fight on evenly with Mace , he clashed with them and then one of the mandos shot a rocket that KO'ed Aayla and Windu. anything beyond that is just Speculation.

quote:
beating Anoon Bondara,

A decent feat yeah, i'll give you that one

quote:
fighting evenly with Grievous in SOD.

Didn't he just TK Grevious? They didn't actually duel duel i think.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 01:41 AM