KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Apprentices of Tyranus Free-For-All

Apprentices of Tyranus Free-For-All
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Apprentices of Tyranus Free-For-All

General Grievous (LOE/ROTS), Asajj Ventress (Season 5), and Savage Opress (Season 5) all clash head to head in a free for all duel.

Who will be standing by the end of this bloody confrontation? The Apprentice who left Tyranus for Maul, The apprentice who Left Tyranus for the Nightsisters, or the apprentice who left Tyranus's corpse aboard his ship?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 10:24 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Discounting the nonsense that TCW subjected Grievous to, I'll back him. He's at least as skilled as Ventress as a duelist if not flat out superior, and has better physical stats than both of them. They have telekinesis on their side, but aside from BFRing him I don't see how they can kill him with it.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 10:34 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
Discounting the nonsense that TCW subjected Grievous to, I'll back him.

Here's a little thread addressing that
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=595911

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 10:36 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I have a new found respect for Grievous after SOD and his total stompage of Kenobi in the unfinished episode of TCW's final season.

I think all 3 of these are bad ass's and can win on any given day, but I'm going to give Opress the most wins due to his beastly Tk.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 10:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Opress' TK rage will be the end of Grevious, and Ventress will just about scrape through thanks to her infinitely superior style.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 11:10 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

GG.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 11:12 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Ventress.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 11:14 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'd give it to Grievous for a majority. At his peak, he outclasses either of his adversaries as duelists, and boasts substantially greater speed than them in combat. Though Ventress and Savage both have the edge of telekinesis, I doubt Ventress would use it consistently enough to actually take Grievous out of the fight, and while I think this is something Savage is capable of doing under the right circumstances, I doubt it would happen for a majority.

Something to be addressed here is Grievous's hubris. The relatively low performances he gives in some of his TCW fights, were often a result of overwhelming hubris. Fortunately for the good General, this appears to only come in play up to a certain point in time. Ever since he failed to kill Ahsoka on Florrum, he appears to take his duels a lot more seriously. In every fight we've seen him in since then, meaning the Utapau Arc where he beat Kenobi, Son of Dathomir where he contended with Maul, Labyrinth of Evil where he held his own against Windu, and Revenge of the Sith where he was overwhelming Kenobi's defenses. His second duel with Ahsoka is the last time I can think of where his hubris gets the better of him, and from that point on is when he attains the best of his dueling feats. I doubt his hubris will hinder him in this fight, given that this is him at his peak.

So aside from the fact that I consider Grievous the greatest warrior of the three, I also believe he is the best suited for the occasion. His greater number of blades provides him with more defensive coverage, offensive viability, and unpredictability than Savage or Asajj, which should be a decent edge in a free for all such as this. Also for consideration is the tactical computers slaved to Grievous's brain via cybernetics, which are the same ones that allowed him to adapt and respond to Windu's Vaapad offensive.

So in a multiple opponent free for all such as this, Grievous is the greatest duelist, is the most unpredictable, and can adapt to the situation more easily than his opponents can, and for these reasons, I'd say Grievous wins the majority of the fights here.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 11:14 PM
Nargaroth

Is the Utapau Arc canon?

Darth Vader Respect Thread (Part 3)
--
¦ Other Respect Threads ¦

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 11:30 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Either Ventress or Grievous imo

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 11:56 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

1- Savage
2- Ventress
3- Grievous

All battles would be close though.

Also, lets not forget, Season 4 & 5 Savage is even more powerful than the one in Season 3,

Dooku himself declared ;

''That creature Savage Opress is growing stronger and stronger as each day passes... He is a threat to all of us."

Last edited by Marco1907 on Oct 13th, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 12:09 AM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by Marco1907

''That creature Savage Opress is growing stronger and stronger as each day passes... He is a threat to all of us."

If we're going by quotes, then didn't Sidious himself think that Dooku was plotting to betray him with Ventress and ordered Dooku to kill her because He considered her a threat?

But, anyway, i'm going with Grevious, despite his odd performances, he's a powerful duelist and is pretty capable of taking on Ventress and Savage, and this is a free for all, he has(you saw nothing dmb) Four lightsabers at his disposal. Things could get problematic.

Last edited by Fated Xtasy on Oct 13th, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 12:17 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Here's a little thread addressing that
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=595911

I don't think there's any way to address it other than - it's TCW. It's the same show which had Maul being shot by pirates, Anakin being kicked across a room by a senator (or someone along those lines), and Ahsoka Tano not being slaughtered by Grievous in moments.

I believe it was Filoni who said that General Grievous isn't skilled enough to fight a Council Member by himself, and is a coward. Yes, that includes Yarael Poof.

Separate EU Grievous from TCW which is inherently very inconsistent with EU portrayals, and you're good to go.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 12:20 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
If we're going by quotes, then didn't Sidious himself think that Dooku was plotting to betray him with Ventress and ordered Dooku to kill her because He considered her a threat?

But, anyway, i'm going with Grevious, despite his odd performances, he's a powerful duelist and is pretty capable of taking on Ventress and Savage, and this is a free for all, he ass Four lightsabers at his disposal. Things could get problematic.

True. I never said this would be ease fight though, but still Savage already proved that he can take Asajj in Season 4, and his sheer strength gives him the advantage against Asajj's makashi.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 12:20 AM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Marco1907
True. I never said this would be ease fight though, but still Savage already proved that he can take Asajj in Season 4, and his sheer strength gives him the advantage against Asajj's makashi.

Well she was down to a single saber when Opress beat her.

So I'd personally give Ventress the Saber fight, but I still give Opress the edge in an all out due to his Beastly Tk.

Sabers:

1. Ventress
2. Grievous
3. Opress

(Ventress vs Grievous will be close though).

All Out:

1. Opress
2. Ventress
3. Grievous

(But honestly, any one of them can win on any given day).

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
he has(you saw nothing dmb) Four lightsabers at his disposal. Things could get problematic.

Actually Grievous has consistently performed better fighting with 2 Sabers.

But yeah I can see 4 Sabers causing someone as untrained and unskilled as Opress some serious trouble.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 10:21 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Poor Komari Vosa.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 02:03 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Ventress had enough trouble with TCW Grievous, I'm pretty sure peak Grievous can take her.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 02:09 PM
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Micro-series Grievous make no sense to me. Dooku himself said in LoE novel that Grievous can't defeat council member level jedi masters ;

quote:
Grievous and his guards were dancing. Going through their programmed motions. An Ataro attack answered by Shii-Cho; Soresu answered by Lusma... Dooku couldn't suffer another moment of it. "No, no, stop, stop," he yelled, coming to his feet and striding to the middle of the training circle, his arms extended to both sides. When he was certain that he had their attention, he swung to Grievous. "Power moves served you well on Hypori against Jedi such as Daakman Barrek and Tarr Seir. But I pity you should you have to face off against any of the Council Masters."

-Taken from ; Labyrinth of Evil

Since Dave Filoni was close to Lucas, and can learn his opinions on Star Wars, I am going with TCW / Movie canon Grievous, which is council member jedi level at best,

and clearly Savage and Asajj can be a little better than that level.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 02:15 PM
Darth Thor

Ventress had enough trouble with TCW Grievous, I'm pretty sure peak Grievous can take her.

That was without use of TK though. Someone of Ventress's caliber should be able to take him with TK added to the mix.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 02:15 PM
The_Tempest

Re: Apprentices of Tyranus Free-For-All

Savage Opress

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 05:06 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote