KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Mace Windu vs. Darth Plagueis

Mace Windu vs. Darth Plagueis
Started by: Marco1907

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Mace Windu vs. Darth Plagueis

Saber, force all out.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 06:29 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Hego wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 06:31 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Plagueis 6 / 10

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 06:32 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I doubt Windu could get a single round, personally.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 06:34 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

This has been done so many times...

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 06:53 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

Plagueis slaughterhouse.

Darth Vader Respect Thread (Part 3)
--
¦ Other Respect Threads ¦

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 06:54 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

New Rule : Windu amped by Vaapad.

Last edited by Marco1907 on Oct 14th, 2014 at 07:29 PM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 07:27 PM
Nargaroth

In that case, Windu wins in a pure duel without too much trouble, if not easily, considering how Plagueis hated duels and didn't train himself for over 30 years, but the latter still stomps with the Force.

Darth Vader Respect Thread (Part 3)
--
¦ Other Respect Threads ¦

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, it's reassuring to know that Mace Windu fans now accept that he can only fight beings like Sidious/Plagueis with a plot device, rather than off his own merit.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 09:25 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Nah, Mace might actually be capable of defeating Plagueis.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 10:59 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not without a plot device.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 11:13 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Nah, Mace might actually be capable of defeating Plagueis.

thumb up

And Vaapad amplification is nothing like a temporary amp or like a territory advantage, it is belong to Mace's power set.

That is why Lucas himself said that Windu can be a challenge to the Emperor.

quote:
"You have to be either Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emperor," Lucas says. "If Anakin hadn't got all beat up, he could've beat the Emperor."

--George Lucas, The Making Of Revenge Of The Sith; page 204

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 11:22 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 11:23 PM
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Marco1907
New Rule : Windu amped by Vaapad.

Wouldn't that be an assumption? Windu can use vapaad whenever he wants to.

I would have normally gone with Windu, but now I'm no longer sure.

In Windu's corner:

Vapaad + superconducting loop was enough to beat Palpatine
Plagueis is not known for his bladework, nor has he ever fought anyone of Windu's ability. He also has no knowledge of vapaad (whilst it isn't too difficult to buy that his apprentice, himself a form VII practitioner, prepped for a possible duel with the jedi master)
Plagueis has his vulnerable breathing apparatus

In Plagueis's corner:

It's possible he has access to esoteric Force abilities and sorcery of which Windu is unaware of
The RotS novelization suggests that Windu was fighting Palpatine at a level far beyond his base due to his heightened emotional state.
It's also suggested that Windu would have fallen soon after the other masters had he not sunken into vapaad, so, in the absence of such fodder Plagueis could end the duel early if he has Palpatine's speed

I'm still going with Mace, simply because I don't think Plagueis is as dangerous in a one v. one scenario as his apprentice, who was as much a master of the lightsaber as he was of the Force.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 04:21 AM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red8

Originally posted by Skybreaker
Wouldn't that be an assumption? Windu can use vapaad whenever he wants to.

Mace has been shown to be afraid of sinking into Vapaad because he doesn't want to be consumed by darkness. In Shatterpoint, when he was on a dark-side nexus, he pretty much chose to almost die rather than use Vapaad.

Of course, I don't think Mace would have as much of a reservation towards using it against someone like Plagueis, but I'd still give Plagueis the win.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 04:29 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by red8
Mace has been shown to be afraid of sinking into Vapaad because he doesn't want to be consumed by darkness. In Shatterpoint, when he was on a dark-side nexus, he pretty much chose to almost die rather than use Vapaad.

Of course, I don't think Mace would have as much of a reservation towards using it against someone like Plagueis,

I don't think he would either, especially if he is aware of the sith lord's identity, and the whole "unbalance the Force" machinations.

quote:

but I'd still give Plagueis the win.

How so? Windu knocked a significantly deadlier Palpatine on his ass, and deflected his lightning right back at his face. Plagueis is a scholar, not a warrior, and typically gets away with this because all of his enemies are pathetically weaker than him.

The only manner in which I see Plagueis winning is if he either has some arcane sith bullshit he can pull from his ass, or if Windu really was so far beyond his baseline when he was fighting Palpatine.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 04:33 AM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

Good fight

Old Post Jun 27th, 2017 04:04 AM
Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Plagueis.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2017 04:13 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

all out goes to Plaguies easily; studious took a dive, wind has never been a threat to a sith lord of either of these guys' caliber

Last edited by relentless1 on Jun 27th, 2017 at 06:54 AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2017 06:50 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

George Lucas kinda disagrees tbh.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2017 07:15 AM