KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul vs Darth Malak vs Lord Scourge

Darth Maul vs Darth Malak vs Lord Scourge
Started by: Sinious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Darth Maul vs Darth Malak vs Lord Scourge

Round 1: Scourge as in Revan, TPM Maul, No amp for Malak

Round 2: All in their strongest incarnations, Malak is SF amped

All out

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Round 1: Definitely Maul or Malak. Depends if you think Malaks superior force mastery beats out Mauls superior martial skill.

Round 2: I'mma say Scourge. Both of these guys are angry ****ers who he can get hefty boosts from, on top of his already exceptional prowess.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Maul.
Scourge.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 09:33 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Merchant
Maul.
Scourge.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 12:06 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Maul
Malak

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 12:24 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Malak.
Malak.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 01:53 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maul [Revan Scourge is trash tier, base Malak has no feats]
Malak [nothing to suggest Maul or even peak-Scourge could give Revan a serious fight]

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 04:53 AM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Actually, peak Scourge was a master warrior who could give Hot a good fight. It is most likely that he even lost on purpose. HoT by a lot of people is considered to be Revan's equal if not superior.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 05:01 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sinious
Actually, peak Scourge was a master warrior who could give Hot a good fight.

My TOR lore isn't up to par. Wasn't he still being amped by the emperor?

quote:

HoT by a lot of people is considered to be Revan's equal if not superior.

Why? Because he defeated a weakened Vitiate?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 05:05 AM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Skybreaker
My TOR lore isn't up to par. Wasn't he still being amped by the emperor?

Well, Scourge's amp is permanent. He became immortal after Vitiate's ritual. So, you can't really separate that from him or even call it an amp.

quote:
Why? Because he defeated a weakened Vitiate?

Well, if HoT defeated full powered Vitiate, he'd be >>> Revan so even though Vitiate was weakened, its still impressive and that is not HoT's sole achievement.

When Scourge faced HoT, it was not Hot's peak version so I don't think he wins here for sure. I'd say he'd have the upper hand in round 2 though.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 05:15 AM
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, Scourge's amp is permanent. He became immortal after Vitiate's ritual. So, you can't really separate that from him or even call it an amp.

I was under the impression that he was actively being boosted by Vitiate.

I suppose this is a constant enough condition that trying to speculate on "baseline" Scourge would be quite meaningless.

quote:

Well, if HoT defeated full powered Vitiate, he'd be >>> Revan so even though Vitiate was weakened, its still impressive and that is not HoT's sole achievement.

No, but as you have pointed out, the HoT's a lot more powerful by the time he faces down Vitiate, who was weakened by an unspecified amount.

quote:

When Scourge faced HoT, it was not Hot's peak version so I don't think he wins here for sure. I'd say he'd have the upper hand in round 2 though.

I just don't see him being on Revan's level. Why would Vitiate make his wrath powerful enough to potentially threaten himself, as Revan clearly was? He lost to, as you pointed out, a weaker HoT, and was feared by members of the Dark Council. ...ok?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 05:41 AM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I was under the impression that he was actively being boosted by Vitiate.

I suppose this is a constant enough condition that trying to speculate on "baseline" Scourge would be quite meaningless.

Yeah, separating this from Scourge would be like separating Natemha ritual from Vitiate.

quote:

No, but as you have pointed out, the HoT's a lot more powerful by the time he faces down Vitiate, who was weakened by an unspecified amount.

I've never said that. I don't think there is that much of a difference between Act 2 final and act 3 final. Its still a considerable amount of course. Vitiate was seriously weakened however. Considering that he was able to crush HoT and his jedi friends' defenses in an earlier confrontation without much trouble.

quote:
I just don't see him being on Revan's level. Why would Vitiate make his wrath powerful enough to potentially threaten himself, as Revan clearly was? He lost to, as you pointed out, a weaker HoT, and was feared by members of the Dark Council. ...ok?

Revan wasnt a threat to Vitiate because of his power. It is only stated that Revan almost killed him which is the case only cause the Emperor did not take him seriously at first and underestimated him since the last time they've encountered, Vitiate was able handle him without a fight.

Hot vs Revan is debatable. Both would defeat Scourge however. Scourge may have lost to HoT on purpose in act 2 though. So we actually never saw what he is capable of in an all out fight.

As stated earlier, he can boost himself from both of his opponents' rages and he is the most experienced combatant here which would come in handy in a fight like this.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 06:24 AM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Maul maul.

The others are outclassed here.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 07:31 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, separating this from Scourge would be like separating Natemha ritual from Vitiate.

Would it be? Vitiate's ritual permanently boosted his power; Vitiate could presumably withdraw his amp at his whim.

quote:

I've never said that. I don't think there is that much of a difference between Act 2 final and act 3 final. Its still a considerable amount of course. Vitiate was seriously weakened however. Considering that he was able to crush HoT and his jedi friends' defenses in an earlier confrontation without much trouble.

Neither option leaves you with the room to powerscale Scourge from HoT, and powerscale HoT from defeating Vitiate. Whether it's because the two incarnations of the Hero aren't of equal ability, or that the Vitiate HoT faced was significantly weakened, or a combination of both, it doesn't tell us much about Scourge.

quote:

Revan wasnt a threat to Vitiate because of his power. It is only stated that Revan almost killed him which is the case only cause the Emperor did not take him seriously at first and underestimated him since the last time they've encountered, Vitiate was able handle him without a fight.

I don't see how Vitiate underestimated Revan at all, seeing as how he immediately goes for his most powerful attack (the mind-****). Revan was only at his mercy because he made a dumb tactical mistake of giving Vitiate enough time to charge his powers (on a DS nexus, at that).

After being saved by Meetra, Revan and his quite pedestrian support stood, by Scourge's premonitions, a good chance of defeating the Emperor. That cannot be said of the Hero's gang, or anyone in TOR, for that matter. Revan is on a completely different level, and a SF empowered Malak gave him a serious fight. There's no indication that Scourge could do this.

quote:

Hot vs Revan is debatable. Both would defeat Scourge however. Scourge may have lost to HoT on purpose in act 2 though. So we actually never saw what he is capable of in an all out fight.

Even with backup, HoT was trashed by the Emperor. It's possible that by the end of the third act there would be a reasonable debate, but then by that point there's no indication Scourge would still stand a chance anyway.

quote:

As stated earlier, he can boost himself from both of his opponents' rages and he is the most experienced combatant here which would come in handy in a fight like this.

I understand that position and admit that it is extremely difficult to powerscale combatants from different eras. My current position is that Malak's performance against Revan is a more impressive feat than anything we've seen from Maul or Malak.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 09:10 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Selenial
Maul maul.

The others are outclassed here.

I lol'ed.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 11:25 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Would it be? Vitiate's ritual permanently boosted his power; Vitiate could presumably withdraw his amp at his whim.

Scourge was amped by a similar ritual. Cutting that amp off from him would probably mean killing him tbh.

quote:
Neither option leaves you with the room to powerscale Scourge from HoT, and powerscale HoT from defeating Vitiate. Whether it's because the two incarnations of the Hero aren't of equal ability, or that the Vitiate HoT faced was significantly weakened, or a combination of both, it doesn't tell us much about Scourge.

Unfortunately, that is the case yeah.

quote:
I don't see how Vitiate underestimated Revan at all, seeing as how he immediately goes for his most powerful attack (the mind-****). Revan was only at his mercy because he made a dumb tactical mistake of giving Vitiate enough time to charge his powers (on a DS nexus, at that).

After being saved by Meetra, Revan and his quite pedestrian support stood, by Scourge's premonitions, a good chance of defeating the Emperor. That cannot be said of the Hero's gang, or anyone in TOR, for that matter. Revan is on a completely different level, and a SF empowered Malak gave him a serious fight. There's no indication that Scourge could do this.

Ah, I had to explain this scene so many times. First of all, mindrape is not Vitiate's most powerful attack. The TP domination requires a power gap between opponents and it is very hard to achieve overall. Based on what we've seen from him, FLS/FL are his most powerful attacks. Last time they've encountered, Revan was no danger to him. When they met again, Vitiate assumed that would be the case and went for the TP attack. Trying to mind-**** someone is one of the most obvious ways of underestimating an opponent. Vitiate did a half ass job in the first half of the fight. At first, he didnt even get his defenses up and was caught off guard. And then, Revan managed to reflect a lightning bolt back at him. After that point, Vitiate realized he will have to take it seriously to finish him and the moment he started taking the fight seriously, it was over for Revan:

"The Emperor rose to his feet, his robes smoking and singed where the lighting had struck him. His black eyes flashed red, and he raised both hands high above his head.
Revan knew he was gathering his power to unleash a swirling storm of pure dark side energy, just as Nyriss had done. The Jedi quickly calculated his options. Realizing he couldn’t close the gap between them quickly enough to stop the assault, he gathered his own energy and spread his hands before him, ready to catch and absorb the Emperor’s attack.
A dozen bolts of purple lightning arced from the Emperor toward him. Revan tried to draw them in and contain them, but the Emperor was infinitely more powerful than Darth Nyriss had ever been.
Revan’s body was engulfed in agony as the electricity coursed through his body. His skin began to boil and blister, the flesh of his face melting and sticking to the superheated metal of his mask as the Emperor poured more and more power into him."

Revan, as a master of force lightning, used all his power to charge up his defenses against that attack yet Vitiate broke him almost instantly. Revan isn't anywhere near Vitiate in overall power.

quote:
Even with backup, HoT was trashed by the Emperor. It's possible that by the end of the third act there would be a reasonable debate, but then by that point there's no indication Scourge would still stand a chance anyway.

If Meetra and Scourge were also there to attack the Empepor together, he would have summoned an FLS right away and if Revan couldn't defend against it, Meetra and Scourge would get fried easily. That is what happened to HoT's strike team.

quote:
I understand that position and admit that it is extremely difficult to powerscale combatants from different eras. My current position is that Malak's performance against Revan is a more impressive feat than anything we've seen from Maul or Malak.

Exactly. I'm open minded about this fight and willing to change my mind but I do believe that Scourge has a good chance at taking round 2.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 01:58 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Vitiate was stronger in TOR then he was in Revan. And Revan never posed a threat to Vitiate.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 02:41 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I lol'ed.

I wasn't the only one then.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 02:50 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Nephthys
Vitiate was stronger in TOR then he was in Revan. And Revan never posed a threat to Vitiate.

He certainly did. Also, how much stronger do you think he became?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 02:56 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by NewGuy01
He certainly did. Also, how much stronger do you think he became?

How, exactly? He couldn't get close enough to threaten Vitiate with his blade and none of his Force powers could cause any damage to him. His TK was ineffective, his lightning wouldn't be powerful enough, he couldn't reflect anything strong enough to harm Vitiate and his Force in Balance attack merely knocked over a distracted Vitiate. To me it seemed Revan was almost literally incapable of hurting him.

Well he was continuously growing more powerful and was draining the Hand and Revan for centuries. So I wouldn't say it was insubstantial.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 03:02 PM