KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Anakin Skywalker (RotS) vs. dueling gauntlet

Anakin Skywalker (RotS) vs. dueling gauntlet
Started by: Skybreaker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anakin Skywalker (RotS) vs. dueling gauntlet

He runs the gauntlet against these lightsaber duelists where he dispatched Count Dooku, with full rest and recovery. There will be no external application of the Force. Anakin is neither emotionally supercharged nor compromised; there will be no Emokin, and there will be no Zonakin.

The gauntlet may or may not be in the proper order, so you could see it more as a "who does he beat?" rather than a "how far does he get?" type of question.

1. Darth Bane (PoD)
2. Darth Vader (RotJ)
3. Exar Kun
4. Kyle Katarn
5. Darth Malgus
6. Darth Bane (RoT) - no orbalisks
7. Luke Skywalker (DE)
8. Count Dooku
9. Hero of Tython
10. Mace Windu
11. Darth Caedus
12. Yoda

My opinion is, he clears 1, 2, 3 and 4. Not so sure on 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9. Won't clear 10 through 12.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 10:11 AM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Clears the following:
1. Darth Bane (PoD)
2. Darth Vader (RotJ)(or stalemate)
3. Exar Kun
4. Kyle Katarn
5. Darth Malgus
8. Count Dooku
9. Hero of Tython

Anakin has no business dueling Luke, Yoda or Caedus, given their speed.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 10:18 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

1.) Not sure how he'd fare against Exar Kun's Sorcery, I'll get back to this.

2.) Not confident he can take DE Luke, but it should be a good fight.

He can win the others though, barring Yoda/Caedus, and possibly Mace/Vader.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 01:09 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Re: Anakin Skywalker (RotS) vs. dueling gauntlet

@Newguy1
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Skybreaker
He runs the gauntlet against these lightsaber duelists where he dispatched Count Dooku, with full rest and recovery. There will be no external application of the Force. Anakin is neither emotionally supercharged nor compromised; there will be no Emokin, and there will be no Zonakin.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 01:10 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I see... Then he loses to Luke, Caedus, Mace, and Yoda--Wins the rest.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 01:12 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

He might lose to Luke, Windu and Yoda but still have chance to win. He will lose to Caedus.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 01:17 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Oh, he certainly has a chance against all four.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 01:26 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Lolwuuuut?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 01:27 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Y'heard me.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 01:31 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Lol, that's cute. Thanks for bringing some light into a dreary day, Intrep'd.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 01:37 PM
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Originally posted by NewGuy01
I see... Then he loses to Luke, Caedus, Mace, and Yoda--Wins the rest.

Fine with that too.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 02:16 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

He loses to Luke, Yoda, Mace and Caedus.
Not sure about Exar, but I think Anakin takes a majority in a series of 10 fights.

He clears others.

Last edited by Stigma on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 02:50 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 02:40 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Damn, why is Kun such an early fight, brah?

Anyway, agree with the others, he probably can clear all except the big four.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 02:49 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red8

I think Anakin is being overrated in this thread.

1. Darth Bane (PoD) and 2. Darth Vader (RotJ) and 5. Darth Malgus

All of these characters are physically stronger than Anakin, so he won't be able to power through them like he did against Dooku. He'll have to win via being more skilled. Any of these characters would give him a tough fight.

3. Exar Kun

I would imagine that Exar Kun is a better duelist than Anakin. I think Kun would win.

4. Kyle Katarn

Not sure.

Kinda pointless, I don't remember any feats from this incarnation of Bane without orbalisks. So N/A.

7. Luke Skywalker (DE), 8. Count Dooku, 9. Hero of Tython, 10. Mace Windu, 11. Darth Caedus, 12. Yoda

Probably loses to all of these characters.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 01:13 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

He stops at Luke, and if not luke then Dooku.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 01:46 AM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by red8
I think Anakin is being overrated in this thread.

Clearly board attitudes have shifted; 5 years ago Anakin was considered on a solidly lower tier than Exar Kun/Darth Bane. Such a duel would be considered a bit of a joke. I think the ancient sith infatuation has worn off for most sane minds.

quote:

1. Darth Bane (PoD) and 2. Darth Vader (RotJ) and 5. Darth Malgus

All of these characters are physically stronger than Anakin, so he won't be able to power through them like he did against Dooku.

Physical strength really isn't as important as raw power in the Force, of which Skywalker has the advantage in over all of the aforementioned except Vader.

quote:
He'll have to win via being more skilled.

Let's not pretend Anakin isn't an exceptionally skilled duelist. He's explicitly described as more skilled than his RotJ counterpart, and I don't think Bane or Malgus have any feats on his level.

quote:
Any of these characters would give him a tough fight.

The fights would be close, but their outcomes would be clear.

quote:

3. Exar Kun

I would imagine that Exar Kun is a better duelist than Anakin. I think Kun would win.

On what grounds?

quote:

4. Kyle Katarn

Not sure.

I do not think Kyle Katarn ever replicated Skywalker's feats; most notably his peak performance against Dooku (even ignoring his Zonakin segment), one of the most prolific duelists in the Jedi Order's 25,000 year long history. Katarn has never beaten an opponent of that caliber.

quote:

Kinda pointless, I don't remember any feats from this incarnation of Bane without orbalisks. So N/A.

I think the idea is to consider Darth Bane's feats in RoT without transferring the advantages of his orbalisks, in which case I would give Anakin the advantage here by virtue of superior combat feats.

quote:

7. Luke Skywalker (DE), 8. Count Dooku, 9. Hero of Tython, 10. Mace Windu, 11. Darth Caedus, 12. Yoda

Probably loses to all of these characters.

Dooku is heavily debatable, HoT is skeptical.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 08:10 AM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I think every fight here is won with either high difficulty or he gets soundly beaten.

Dooku, Katarn, Malgus and POD Bane he wins with high difficulty, the rest he can't beat, due to varying reasons.

Just my opinion.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 11:26 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Physical strength really isn't as important as raw power in the Force, of which Skywalker has the advantage in over all of the aforementioned except Vader.

Malgus and Bane are more powerful than Anakin. In terms of actualised power, not potential, obviously.

Let's not pretend Anakin isn't an exceptionally skilled duelist. He's explicitly described as more skilled than his RotJ counterpart, and I don't think Bane or Malgus have any feats on his level.

How is Anakin more skilled than Vader, lol? He should have all the skill he had as Anakin except much more. He's the same ****ing person just older and more experienced.

On what grounds?

Inventing a lightsaber form, stalemating Ulic and stuff.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 11:57 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Clearly board attitudes have shifted; 5 years ago Anakin was considered on a solidly lower tier than Exar Kun/Darth Bane. Such a duel would be considered a bit of a joke. I think the ancient sith infatuation has worn off for most sane minds.

It's less infatuation with the Ancient Sith fading, and more to do with Skywalker consistently proving his ability against Count Dooku through the course of TCW over the last few years.

Before TCW Skywalker was heavily under rated, with many people calling his win over Count Dooku a fluke. And others saying It was just a One-Off "IN THE ZONE" Performance, and that outside of that he's no better than Ventress.

TCW has changed all that over the past few years. Skywalker doesn't need to be IN THE ZONE, but just a little pissed off to be fighting on Par with the likes of Dooku.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Oct 24th, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 12:05 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Malgus and Bane are more powerful than Anakin. In terms of actualised power, not potential, obviously.

Malgus? Maybe. But Bane as of PoD hasn't really demonstrated anything on Skywalker's level in terms of mastery or channeling of the Force. He has that one lame temple feat, and that's about it. Anakin has far more impressive building-collapsing feats, if we want to go there.

It should be noted that Anakin's ability to fuel his combat with the Force has clearly progressed faster than his actual, fine-tuned telekinesis, which is equal to that of Kenobi by RotS. His former ability is repeatedly emphasized as being virtually unmatched.

quote:

How is Anakin more skilled than Vader, lol? He should have all the skill he had as Anakin except much more. He's the same ****ing person just older and more experienced.

Um, Vader's sort of in a life suit? Like, it's emphasized by various persons working on the lightsaber duels for both films that the Anakin in RotS is the Anakin in his "prime" (that he reaches, at least) when it comes to his skill with a lightsaber. Even not buying such OOU arguments, I think RotS Anakin's saber feats speak for themselves; they are clearly superior to Vader's.

quote:

Inventing a lightsaber form, stalemating Ulic and stuff.

Inventing a lightsaber form is impressive but springs more from the fact that there was more room to invent more shit in Kun's age, and that Anakin didn't really need to invent anything. When he was put in his suit, he quickly developed his own new lightsaber style by incorporating elements from every form of combat; it is just a matter of necessity.

Anakin's pre-zone performance against Dooku is significantly more impressive than stalemating Ulic, given that Dooku >>>> Ulic by actual feats.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 01:11 PM