KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Deceived Malgus vs. Plo Koon

Deceived Malgus vs. Plo Koon
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Deceived Malgus vs. Plo Koon

Round 1: Koon is alone
Round 2: Koon fights alongside kit fisto.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 03:06 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

I feel like round 1 could either way. But that's just me.

Round two will go to Team imo.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 03:09 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Inb4 Aurbere massive rant on favorite character.

I'd go Koon and Team, just so he doesn't kill me... *cowers*

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 03:17 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

When you say Decieved Malgus, do you mean pre or post waifu?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 03:18 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurbere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Selenial
Inb4 Aurbere massive rant on favorite character.

I'd go Koon and Team, just so he doesn't kill me... *cowers*

I don't really go for massive rants (besides that one I recently posted on SWTOR), but I'm not really that bad when it comes to Plo, am I?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 04:46 AM
Click here to Send Aurbere a Private Message Find more posts by Aurbere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Malgus

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 10:43 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Plo wins the first round due to being a better duelist primarily, and secondly because he's powerful enough himself to prevent himself from being overwhelmed.

Team definitely wins the second round, they're both better duelists than Malgus, and Fisto in particular is a very fast fighter. They have good synergy from working together frequently. Even if Malgus removed Fisto from the equation with telekinesis/lightning, he'd still lose to Koon, and he certainly isn't beating them both in a duel.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 10:49 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I don't think Plo's that much of a better duelist. At least not enough to make up for Malgus' significant Force advantage. He's probably not powerful enough to prevent himself getting overwhelmed.

If this is Malgus at the end of Decieved, he can probably one-shot Plo and then Kit.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 10:56 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's definitely better by a tier or so. And he's noted as coming from a powerful line of Force sensitives. His power feats aren't shabby either.

I haven't quite finished Deceived so I'm not sure on that front.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:00 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Nah. Even before the Empire invaded Malgus was considered one of the greatest warriors they had. He's fought with and beaten some of the top duelists of his time. Koon isn't shabby, but he's not near Malgus with that level of power.

He's easily Dooku level by that point, maybe higher.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:13 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's an impressive accolade but it doesn't outstrip Koon's dueling feats or elevate Malgus to Koon's level, and RotE era had better duelists than Malgus' time. Koon's duels with Ventress and Savage respectively, and being held in high regard by Darth Maul alongside Mace Windu, should place him comfortably above Malgus as a duelist IMO.

Malgus hasn't ever dominated anyone in the Force as powerful as Koon, who has some decent feats like mind tricking 20 people and collapsing a fair portion of a cave without too much effort, and collapsing a canyon alongside Jinn and Tholme. I mean, even if Malgus was able to throw Koon around somewhat I doubt it'd be more pertinent than Koon's edge in sabers, which is primarily how Malgus' fights begin and end.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:26 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Koon lost to Savage. So I'm not sure how that puts him above Malgus. And his Ventress feat is impressive, but probably just a low feat for her. Era bias and Maul's opinions don't impress me.

I'm pretty sure he has. Malgus Force pwned a Jedi who collapsed two large buildings on top of him, after he'd held up the rubble of them and blown them away. He has tossed around Satele and Aryn Leneer, both of whom I consider above Koon with the Force, plus Zallow too. After his amp he easily overpowered Aryn with the Force. He also Force pwned Adraas. So no, he doesn't really end most of his fights in a straight duel. He also overloaded a squadron of fighters with a Force Scream. His lightning burned a hole through a very powerful Jedi's chest even while overpowering his lightsaber defense and has killed 3 Jedi at once with a burst of it.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:48 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Malgus wins solidly. I'm not giving Koon an edge over Zalllow to be honest, let alone Aryn.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:50 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Koon lost to Savage. So I'm not sure how that puts him above Malgus. And his Ventress feat is impressive, but probably just a low feat for her. Era bias and Maul's opinions don't impress me.
He lost to Savage because his mask was ripped off, not through technical skill. He dueled evenly with Savage for the most part. It isn't a low showing for Ventress just because you say so. It's not era bias - I'm just saying, Malgus being the best of his era doesn't necessarily make him as good as Koon because Koon fought during a time of superior duelists. I have no preference based on era. Maul's opinion certainly holds weight seeing as Sidious brought him close to the Jedi temple and had him studying prominent Jedi throughout his training, and Maul is a better duelist than Malgus undoubtedly.

quote:
I'm pretty sure he has. Malgus Force pwned a Jedi who collapsed two large buildings on top of him, after he'd held up the rubble of them and blown them away. He has tossed around Satele and Aryn Leneer, both of whom I consider above Koon with the Force, plus Zallow too. After his amp he easily overpowered Aryn with the Force. He also Force pwned Adraas. So no, he doesn't really end most of his fights in a straight duel. He also overloaded a squadron of fighters with a Force Scream. His lightning burned a hole through a very powerful Jedi's chest even while overpowering his lightsaber defense and has killed 3 Jedi at once with a burst of it.

I haven't ever heard of that Jedi being the one to drop two large buildings on Malgus. I'd appreciate a quote if you don't mind. Malgus landed a single Force push on Satele during the time of the Hope trailer, where IIRC Satele didn't have any feats on Koon's level just yet. Aryn Leneer I can't speak on, and Zallow is less powerful than Koon.

I'm aware of the other feats you mentioned, and again, to my knowledge Adraas doesn't have power feats on Koon's level. Malgus ended all of his duels in the trailer-based fights with his saber and has allowed injured Jedi in the past to pick up their sabers and challenge him physically only to be killed by Malgus' saber. Take Koon's personal power and Malgus' lack of ability to simply wreck him, and Koon's superior dueling skill, and I see it as more likely that Koon would win by outdueling Malgus.

Last edited by ILS on Oct 28th, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:57 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Malgus wins solidly. I'm not giving Koon an edge over Zalllow to be honest, let alone Aryn.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:58 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Even members like NewGuy conceded Aryns power is Maul level erm

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:59 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

What are her power feats?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 12:00 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I mean overall power, like he considers them equals.
Pretty sure Bantha or Neph made a respect thread for her..

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 12:02 PM
Nargaroth

Last I recall, there is a respect thread for Aryn in the SWTOR forums.

Darth Vader Respect Thread (Part 3)
--
¦ Other Respect Threads ¦

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 12:08 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm, her feat where she stopped her and Zeerid's fall would definitely put her on Maul's level if the circumstances hold true (that they survived a fifty kilometer fall travelling at terminal velocity and she managed to stop them completely for a fraction of a second). Although nothing in the quote I read indicated anything other than that they were falling and she slowed their descent.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 12:08 PM