KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Exar Kun vs Obi-wan Kenobi

Exar Kun vs Obi-wan Kenobi
Started by: Sinious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Exar Kun vs Obi-wan Kenobi

Sabers only.

Who wins?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 03:26 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Kenobi holds his own but Kun should win in the end.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 03:45 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Agreed.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 03:53 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Kun.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 04:13 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trocity
Kenobi holds his own but Kun should win in the end.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 11:56 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Exar of course.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 07:24 PM
Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Kenobi wins in sabers.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 07:24 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nalaniel

Kun.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 07:25 PM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Originally posted by Marco1907
Kenobi wins in sabers.

Nope. Kun is an all time great at sabers.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 09:37 PM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by Based
Kun is an all time great at sabers.

And Kenobi is not ?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 09:49 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Kenobi's average showings are probably on par with Kit Fisto/Other Council members.

But his best performances put him on par with TCW Darth Maul. And then he can match even stronger opponents than Maul by simply giving more ground in his defending. Hence him matching Sith Anakin.

So yes at his best he can match Kun if not outright beat him.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Nov 13th, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Exar's top feat is not-killing-but-also not-being-killed by Ulic, who in turn did-not-kill-but-was-also-not-killed by Sylvar.

As the latter feat is one of the greatest feats of dueling in the entire mythos, second only to Pre Viszla doing the exact same thing to Obi-Wan and Jango fist-fighting multiple lightsaber-wielding Knights to death, what we can glean from this is that Ulic and Exar are tied for the title of third greatest duelist in the mythos (right under 2nd place Pre Viszla and 1st place Jango).

Thus, Obi-Wan doesn't have a chance.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Nov 13th, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 10:04 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by DARTH POWER

But his best performances put him on par with TCW Darth Maul.

thumb up And Count Dooku.
Obi-Wan managed to defeat Anakin where Dooku fails.

Both Mace Windu and Dooku described Obi-Wan as ''true master of Soresu style'' in RotS, which puts him in a same skill tier with Anakin, Dooku, Windu (without amp) etc.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 10:04 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I don't see how any of that compares to not-killing-but-also-not-being-killed-by Ulic in a duel.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 10:11 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

Originally posted by Marco1907
thumb up And Count Dooku.

Nah

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 10:14 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Why some posters here always consider Anakin vs. Dooku duel but not Obi-Wan vs. Anakin duel, some people here pretend like RotS ends up with Anakin vs. Dooku then Mustafar is never happened.

Not to mention Mace Windu said that Obi-Wan had a better chance to defeat Grievous than Anakin had. Well he didn't say directly but, he implied.

quote:
Mace had said, "so you can expect Makashi as well; given the number of Jedi he has fought and slain, you must expect that he can attack in any style, or all of them. In fact, Obi-Wan, I believe that of all living Jedi, you have the best chance to defeat him." This pronouncement had startled Obi-Wan, and he had protested. After all, the only form in which he was truly even proficient was Soresu, which was the most common lightsaber form in the Jedi Order. Founded upon the basic deflection principles all Padawans were taught-to enable them to protect themselves from blaster bolts-Soresu was very simple, and so restrained and defense-oriented that it was very nearly downright passive. "But surely, Master Windu," Obi-Wan had said, "you, with the power of Vaapad-or Yoda's mastery of Ataro-" Mace Windu had almost smiled. "I created Vaapad to answer my weakness: it channels my own darkness into a weapon of the light. Master Yoda's Ataro is also an answer to weakness: the limitations of reach and mobility imposed by his stature and his age. But for you? What weakness does Soresu answer?" Blinking, Obi-Wan had been forced to admit he'd never actually thought of it that way. "That is so like you, Master Kenobi," the Korun Master had said, shaking his head. "I am called a great swordsman because I invented a lethal style; but who is greater, the creator of a killing form-or the master of the classic form?" "I'm very flattered that you would consider me a master, but really- " "Not a master. The master," Mace had said. "Be who you are, and Grievous will never defeat you."

--- RotS Novel

Then Obi-Wan says, Windu and Yoda are superior to himself,

"you, with the power of Vaapad-or Yoda's mastery of Ataro-"

but not Anakin.

Last edited by Marco1907 on Nov 13th, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 10:24 PM
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by Trocity
Nah

Always troll you have been. I am taking you to my ignore list.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 10:32 PM
Trocity

Unintentional trolling. I must be far better than I realized... the difference between Maul and Sidious, most likely.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 10:35 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Obi-Wan doesn't get a lot of credit for his performance against Obi-Wan because A) he was steadily losing, getting more tired and sloppy as the fight went on while Anakin was getting more deadly. B) It's noted that Obi-Wan knew Anakin's techniques and tricks like the back of his hand, which gave him an edge. and C) Mustafar Anakin was a step above being insane. He wasn't focused at all, and Obi-Wan was exploiting that by trolling him into making mistakes.

I think him surviving the fight was still a hell of a feat (and specifically, him stalemating Anakin "I shatter buildings just by screaming when I get mad" Skywalker in a force-duel alone proves that he's no slouch with the force, but I can see why the duel isn't notable as a metric for Obi-Wan's dueling ability.

If he had been fighting a stranger with Anakin's skill level, he would have probably died.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 10:59 PM
Trocity

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Obi-Wan doesn't get a lot of credit for his performance against Obi-Wan

wink

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 11:04 PM