KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul & Savage Opress vs. General Grievous & Asajj Ventress

Darth Maul & Savage Opress vs. General Grievous & Asajj Ventress
Started by: Dionysus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dionysus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Love Darth Maul & Savage Opress vs. General Grievous & Asajj Ventress

Maul as of TPM
Savage as of S5

Grievous as of RotS
Asajj as of S5

Setting: Hypori Ruins (Where Grievous fought Mundi, Ti, Aayla, etc.)

Who wins?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 04:18 PM
Click here to Send Dionysus a Private Message Find more posts by Dionysus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

So is this peak Grievous or TCW Grievous?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 04:19 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dionysus
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
So is this peak Grievous or TCW Grievous?
Grievous as of Revenge of the Sith. So, peak. It's in the description, lol.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 04:22 PM
Click here to Send Dionysus a Private Message Find more posts by Dionysus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Movie Grievous is not peak, it is equal toTCW Grievous.

Microseries Grievous = nonexist, overhyped Grievous, and yeah it is much more powerful.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 04:26 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

OCW GG solos

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 04:28 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dionysus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your input is always appreciated, Marco.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 04:28 PM
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Savage and TPM Maul's combine TK is more than enough to stomp even OCW / overhyped (and non-canon) GG alone.

Last edited by Marco1907 on Nov 18th, 2014 at 04:34 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 04:31 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Going with Grievous and Ventress.

Needless to say this would be an incredibly hard fought battle, but Grievous is the MVP for his duo. His physical stats exceed both Maul and Savage's in every category, and his skill exceeds Savage's significantly and rivals Maul's. His durability would allow him to soak any telekinetic assaults and after that the brothers have nothing else with the Force to take him out with, plus his general ferocity would prevent them from fully utilising TK. He would defeat Maul in a long, brutal fight. In Savage's case, he would defeat him pretty swiftly if I'm being totally honest, he's just a bad matchup for him.

Now, I believe Ventress would lose to either brother. She's roughly equal with Maul in sheer skill, but his strength, durability, endurance and possibly speed are all superior to hers, although the latter may be negligible. Ventress has him beaten in Force power by this stage but not by a ridiculous degree, and his durability could circumvent this. Overall, a fight between Maul and Ventress would be fairly long and hard, but Maul's strength would tax her, his durability would keep him going against her TK, and his superior martial skill and tactical ingenuity would give him a slim edge over her. Savage I believe would also take a slim edge over Ventress purely due to the fact his strength is too much for her, and her martial strikes would be negligible against his durability. Still, her superior skill and agility would keep her in the game against him for a long time. Ventress is a legitimate threat, she just lacks the physical power to truly rival them *** for tat.

Overall, Grievous would beat Maul, Savage would beat Ventress, Grievous would beat Savage.

Flip it around and Grievous would beat Savage and then aid Ventress in dispatching Maul, or at least defeat Maul after Ventress falls.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 04:31 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

lmfao I said t*t for tat and it got censored.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 04:34 PM
Dionysus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ILS
Going with Grievous and Ventress.

Needless to say this would be an incredibly hard fought battle, but Grievous is the MVP for his duo. His physical stats exceed both Maul and Savage's in every category, and his skill exceeds Savage's significantly and rivals Maul's. His durability would allow him to soak any telekinetic assaults and after that the brothers have nothing else with the Force to take him out with, plus his general ferocity would prevent them from fully utilising TK. He would defeat Maul in a long, brutal fight. In Savage's case, he would defeat him pretty swiftly if I'm being totally honest, he's just a bad matchup for him.

Now, I believe Ventress would lose to either brother. She's roughly equal with Maul in sheer skill, but his strength, durability, endurance and possibly speed are all superior to hers, although the latter may be negligible. Ventress has him beaten in Force power by this stage but not by a ridiculous degree, and his durability could circumvent this. Overall, a fight between Maul and Ventress would be fairly long and hard, but Maul's strength would tax her, his durability would keep him going against her TK, and his superior martial skill and tactical ingenuity would give him a slim edge over her. Savage I believe would also take a slim edge over Ventress purely due to the fact his strength is too much for her, and her martial strikes would be negligible against his durability. Still, her superior skill and agility would keep her in the game against him for a long time. Ventress is a legitimate threat, she just lacks the physical power to truly rival them *** for tat.

Overall, Grievous would beat Maul, Savage would beat Ventress, Grievous would beat Savage.

Flip it around and Grievous would beat Savage and then aid Ventress in dispatching Maul, or at least defeat Maul after Ventress falls.
thumb up Nice post.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 04:34 PM
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Just because TPM Maul never demonstrated high level TK feats, that doesn't mean he is inferior to the likes of Asajj Ventress. Yes Ventress's high end feats are better than TPM Maul's TK, however her low end feats make this questionable.

Do you guys think that TPM Maul would get stomped by Dooku, or get beaten by Anakin's TK ? It's possible and I am not saying that would never happens (also we have an example about ANH Vader vs. Clone of TPM Maul battle), but you can't be sure about this. All we know Maul, as a Sith apprentice, has also high level force potential, and his only low end feat is getting stomp by Darth Sidious, that's irrelevant because Dooku or Anakin would be in the same situation with TPM Maul against Sidious. So we can't really know TPM Maul's real force potential at this stage. He has few offensive TK examples, which are force pushing TPM Kenobi and disarming him, and defeating force sensitive Drovian Silus, still Maul didn't get any stomp with the force unlike Ventress did. And that's why I don't think Ventress is superior to TPM Maul in the force, because we can't really be sure about this.

Ventress vs. TPM Maul would be a still good battle though. TPM Maul could win in a close fight.

Last edited by Marco1907 on Nov 18th, 2014 at 04:47 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 04:44 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

He is inferior to Ventress because he has inferior feats to her - it's as simple as that. He wouldn't get choked by her or anything but she is more powerful than him at these stages in their lives.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 04:48 PM
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Thanks for the info, star wars authority. All I am saying you can't be sure about this, and you can't. Because TPM Maul does not prefer to use TK unlike Ventress prefers, and Ventress has worse low end TK feats than TPM Maul.

Lets not forget, TPM Maul survived via using the power of the dark side, he wouldn't get survived if he was inferior to the likes of Ventress in the force imho.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 04:52 PM
Dionysus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rage-mode Asajj was choking out Kenobi and Anakin at the same time. I wouldn't really consider it impossible for her to choke him. She probably could if pressed enough...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 04:52 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

So what your telling me is that Maul could be more powerful than Ventress because he lacks feats?

Maul could be more powerful than her, because he did restrain his use of telekinesis significantly - but he just doesn't have the feats to back up being her superior. Saying "you just can't know" isn't an argument, it's speculation.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 04:55 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dionysus
Rage-mode Asajj was choking out Kenobi and Anakin at the same time. I wouldn't really consider it impossible for her to choke him. She probably could if pressed enough...
And Maul nearly collapsed a barracks with a Force Scream when he was 15 years old because he accidentally cut himself with a vibroblade. In terms of potential Maul at least rivals her power output. But in terms of actualized power, Ventress > TPM Maul.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 04:56 PM
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by Dionysus

That's really inconsistent feat. With your inconsistent logic, Savage Opress probably force chokes Count Dooku if he presses enough... Or TCW Maul uses force blast to Darth Sidious...

I am talking about in consistency, while TPM Maul has better defensive TK (never get stomped by the likes of Dooku or TCW Anakin) and survived via using power of the dark side. He just lacks offensive showings. That is why I said you can't be sure about Ventress has better TK than TPM Maul because we've never seen his real potential, and his real potential was even surviving from being cut in half. Which would be impossible for Ventress to accomplish.

As for TCW showings of Maul, I am sure that they wouldn't think like ''hey lets make Maul very powerful in the force in this show'' , imho because he was already powerful as a 'Sith Lord'.

Last edited by Marco1907 on Nov 18th, 2014 at 05:11 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 05:00 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Marco1907
That's really inconsistent feat. With your inconsistent logic, Savage Opress probably force chokes Count Dooku if he presses enough...

You used to try to make this exact argument, lmfao.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 05:03 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Team 1.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 05:04 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
while TPM Maul has better defensive TK (never get stomped by the likes of Dooku or TCW Anakin) and survived via using power of the dark side. He just lacks offensive showings.
Wait what? TPM Maul has better defensive TK showings because he was never directly TK'd by TCW Anakin or Dooku... because he never met them? But lacks offensive showings even though all of his prominent telekinetic feats involve offence? Baffling stuff yet again Marco.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 05:07 PM