KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Jaden Korr/Gnost Dural vs. Pre TCW Grievous (sabers only)

Jaden Korr/Gnost Dural vs. Pre TCW Grievous (sabers only)
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Jaden Korr/Gnost Dural vs. Pre TCW Grievous (sabers only)

Battle takes place on neutral ground

Round 2 Jaden gets Agen Kolar and Grievous gets Jaina Solo and Plo Koon

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Dec 15th, 2014 at 03:37 AM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 03:33 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Team in round one

Jaina and Koon dominate in round 2

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 03:40 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

A Master Of Soresu and expert of many other forms, and A Master of a defensive style as well as a practitioner of the two other forms. I think Gnost and Jaden can take this, especially considering they don't have the obstacles that Shaak Ti, Ki-adi, Aayla and team had against Grevious. good fight though.

And yeah, Jaina and Koon pretty much win solidly

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 03:42 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Grievous absolutely murders them in both rounds. Agen Kolar puts up a fight despite the dead weight he's dragging around.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 03:45 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
Grievous absolutely murders them in both rounds. Agen Kolar puts up a fight despite the dead weight he's dragging around.

Saying Agen could put up a fight against Grevious, Jaina and Koon is laughable. laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 03:56 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I dont think he meant fighting them both at once, he meant against Grievous

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 03:57 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Saying Agen could put up a fight against Grevious, Jaina and Koon is laughable. laughing out loud
Not really. But what is laughable is that you think the pillar positioning kid and the librarian actually hold a candle to Grievous as lightsaber duelists or physical combatants.

Do you really want to do this dance, Fated?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 03:58 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I meant Agen would put up a good fight against whoever he faced whilst Jaden and Gnost are fodderized. Obviously he'd be overwhelmed by all three at once. I thought that would go without saying...............

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 03:59 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by ILS
Not really. But what is laughable is that you think the pillar positioning kid and the librarian actually hold a candle to Grievous as lightsaber duelists or physical combatants.

Sigh, KMC really only had a few people before me who actually knew of Jaden.

1 - He grew you derp, look it up.(btw I use the word derp as a little light tease, not an insult stick out tongue )

1 - Your point? Atris and Kreia were historians, yet they kicked butt. Not to mention Gnost has been around and kicking since the start of the war.

quote:
Do you really want to do this dance, Fated?

I'm not going to argue Jade, gnost and Agen > Grevious, Jaina and Koon, that'd be lunacy.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 04:13 AM
WildBantha88

Fodderized? Gnost-Dural has all the hype of the b-team (which is something you actively support) and while all he fought were lesser opponents, he had a million things weighing him down. If the librarian is getting fodderized so is the senior member of the Dead 1 and Dead 2 club

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 04:15 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
1 - He grew you derp, look it up.(btw I use the word derp as a little light tease, not an insult stick out tongue )

1 - Your point? Atris and Kreia were historians, yet they kicked butt. Not to mention Gnost has been around and kicking since the start of the war.
1 - That doesn't change the fact Grievous is another zipcode from him as a duelist.

1 - See above, I was also lightly teasing you by calling him a librarian, but realistically his feats aren't comparable to Grievous'.
quote:
Gnost-Dural has all the hype of the b-team (which is something you actively support)
Like what?
quote:
and while all he fought were lesser opponents, he had a million things weighing him down.
Which makes him quite impressive but not near Grievous. If you want a skill feat from Grievous whilst in poor condition, he contended with Kit Fisto in a source that nerfs his speed from what he has in the EU, and this was while Grievous needed to recharge his cybernetics because he had just been cut in half and wasn't near 100%, and also, Fisto has a Form advantage against Grievous because of Shii-Cho.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 04:20 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by ILS
1 - That doesn't change the fact Grievous is another zipcode from him as a duelist.

Like Ki-Adi right? who was exhausted and stalemated Grevious with a form unfit to deal with multiple opponents and fighting for extended periods of time.

quote:
1 - See above, I was also lightly teasing you by calling him a librarian, but realistically his feats aren't comparable to Grievous'.

but he is above Ki-Adi, and like Ki-Adi, he's fought a bunch of sith while exhausted and after being tortured.

quote:
Which makes him quite impressive but not near Grievous. If you want a skill feat from Grievous whilst in poor condition, he contended with Kit Fisto in a source that nerfs his speed from what he has in the EU, and this was while Grievous needed to recharge his cybernetics because he had just been cut in half and wasn't near 100%, and also, Fisto has a Form advantage against Grievous because of Shii-Cho.

Well believe it or not, its Canon, you can't just ignore what you don't like. all things must be taken into consideration. Its just that simple, its why we have to take the ridiculousness of SOR's plot seriously.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 04:46 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Your opinion doesnt make him above Ki Adi bro

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 04:48 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Like Ki-Adi right? who was exhausted and stalemated Grevious with a form unfit to deal with multiple opponents and fighting for extended periods of time.
quote:
but he is above Ki-Adi, and like Ki-Adi, he's fought a bunch of sith while exhausted and after being tortured.
What has Ki-Adi-Mundi got to do with this? Him contending with Grievous under such circumstances is an incredible feat for Mundi but I'm having trouble understanding how this in any way correlates to Gnost.
quote:
Well believe it or not, its Canon, you can't just ignore what you don't like. all things must be taken into consideration. Its just that simple, its why we have to take the ridiculousness of SOR's plot seriously.
Uhm........ did you.. read what I posted? What was I ignoring from canon? I posted a feat for Grievous from canon, I didn't ignore anything.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 04:49 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by carthage
Your opinion doesnt make him above Ki Adi bro
Duly noted

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 04:50 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by ILS
What has Ki-Adi-Mundi got to do with this? Him contending with Grievous under such circumstances is an incredible feat for Mundi but I'm having trouble understanding how this in any way correlates to Gnost.

Gnost has displayed simliar to perhaps even better blade work, and is supported by accolades and feats. He's a master of Soresu. which is the perfect form to use against Grevious(Look at Kenobi). If Ki-Adi(one of my fav Jedi) can hold out against Grevious, while exhausted and using Ataru, how do you think a master of Soresu will do against him? much less two masters of highly defensive styles. who are both in perfect condition ?

quote:
Uhm........ did you.. read what I posted? What was I ignoring from canon? I posted a feat for Grievous from canon, I didn't ignore anything.

The comment about "in a source that nerfs his speed in the EU" is really dumb to say the least, because the series was way before his prime and the Unfinished episodes stated that he got multiple upgrades at his prime. the fact remains, if a Season 1 Grevious can't kill Adi gallia - who is not on par with Jaden or Gnost as a duelist, I doubt a pre-TCW Grevious will.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 04:59 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Gnost has displayed simliar to perhaps even better blade work, and is supported by accolades and feats.
If Gnost really has feats and accolades to put him on-par with Mundi, you wouldn't be starting your argument with backwards logic like "if Mundi can do this Gnost can too!", you'd be starting with "Gnost has done the following, so he can contend with Grievous".

So, I'll ask - what has Gnost done to suggest Grievous wouldn't take a very solid win over him?
quote:
e's a master of Soresu. which is the perfect form to use against Grevious(Look at Kenobi)
Nobody else is as proficient in Soresu as Kenobi, and to assert that Gnost's application of the Form is even remotely comparable to Kenobi's is lolworthy.
quote:
If Ki-Adi(one of my fav Jedi) can hold out against Grevious, while exhausted and using Ataru, how do you think a master of Soresu will do against him?
Him being your favourite in no way strengthens your viewpoint.

If Ki-Adi can hold out against Grievous while exhausted and using Ataru, then Ki-Adi can hold out against Grievous while exhausted and using Ataru. You cannot simply translate Mundi's feats over to Gnost - that is backwards logic. "He can do this so why can't X" doesn't work.
quote:
much less two masters of highly defensive styles. who are both in perfect condition ?
Do you keep referring to irrelevant factors like them being "masters" and shit to hide the fact their feats are lacking?
quote:
The comment about "in a source that nerfs his speed in the EU" is really dumb to say the least
No, it isn't. In every source other than TCW Grievous is portrayed as having a consistent level of impressive speed. TCW portrays him as pretty average, like every other superhuman being in the animation. If it had been EU Grievous fighting EU Fisto, there would be a speed disparity there.
quote:
because the series was way before his prime and the Unfinished episodes stated that he got multiple upgrades at his prime.
His prime has nothing to do with how his speed is portrayed. And his impressive speed feats are spread throughout his time as cyborg, not just near the end.

What unfinished episodes and what upgrades? If he's canonically had upgrades then this is likely to increase the degree of stompage in this thread.
quote:
the fact remains, if a Season 1 Grevious can't kill Adi gallia - who is not on par with Jaden or Gnost as a duelist, I doubt a pre-TCW Grevious will.
Ah, more backwards logic. In place of feats from Jaden or Gnost you're using fallacious logic by assuming that swordsmen Grievous doesn't instantly fodderize are inferior to Jaden or Gnost, therefore they can't be fodderized. Gallia and Mundi's performances against Grievous are irrelevant to what the characters in this thread can do. Your whole argument is built around what you're trying convince me Grievous can't do, not what Jaden and Gnost can do.

Also, pre-TCW typically refers to Grievous with all of his showings prior to him being introduced in TCW. If carthage meant Grievous only has showings from before the time he made his first appearance in TCW relative to the in-universe timeline, then this may be different.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 05:16 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by WildBantha88
Team in round one

Jaina and Koon dominate in round 2

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 12:59 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Zaber only XDXXDXDXDXD thiz a a joke grievozu win.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:11 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by ILS
If Gnost really has feats and accolades to put him on-par with Mundi, you wouldn't be starting your argument with backwards logic like "if Mundi can do this Gnost can too!", you'd be starting with "Gnost has done the following, so he can contend with Grievous". So, I'll ask - what has Gnost done to suggest Grievous wouldn't take a very solid win over him?

Gnost has taken on three opponents simultaneously, One an apprentice to Malgus and a Sith lord herself and the other two her apprentices who moved with "astonishing speed and strength" and he did so again, against two sith lords[Lord Quux and Lord Ordez] and one of Karrids apprentice. Not to mention he's incredibly talented with force speed. Gnost would perform just as well - if not better than, Ki-Adi Mundi.

Jaden has defeated Multiple Reborn,Rosh Penin while he was amped by two Dark Jedi, Alora(after soloing an entire imperial facility) Tavion Axmis, Marka Ragnos, he stalemated with the Jedi Master relin who has moved in a blur and beaten a highly amped Sith lord, and He[Jaden]held his own against Alpha(The Kam Solusar Clone) the last of which, he fought while hindered due to his "benighted" force connection at the time.

quote:
Nobody else is as proficient in Soresu as Kenobi, and to assert that Gnost's application of the Form is even remotely comparable to Kenobi's is lolworthy.

Dude, I said Soresu is "the perfect form to use against grevious" I didn't say Gnost' Soresu is equal to Kenobi. But that doesn't take away from the fact that Gnost is an absolute master of the form:

The Jedi Master met and repelled each and every attack, holding his ground behind a near-impenetrable wall of defense. Even with the apprentice joining the fray he didn't waver―the Soresu style, when performed perfectly, could keep numerous attackers with a variety of styles at bay indefinitely...or at least until exhaustion and fatigue forced Gnost-Dural to make a mistake.
―Star Wars: Old Republic Annihilation (Page 324)

quote:
Him being your favourite in no way strengthens your viewpoint.

And did i even say that it strengthens my view point?

quote:
If Ki-Adi can hold out against Grievous while exhausted and using Ataru, then Ki-Adi can hold out against Grievous while exhausted and using Ataru. You cannot simply translate Mundi's feats over to Gnost - that is backwards logic. "He can do this so why can't X" doesn't work.

Don't be a fool, I said that Gnost would be able to hold out longer because he - unike Ki-Adi, is not exhausted and has a form well suited to deal with a extended lightsaber duel. Grevious - in this fight, doesn't have the same advantages as he did on Hypori. Don't twist my words.

quote:
Do you keep referring to irrelevant factors like them being "masters" and shit to hide the fact their feats are lacking?

Feats, is not what they're lacking, knowledge of their feats is what You are lacking.

quote:
No, it isn't. In every source other than TCW Grievous is portrayed as having a consistent level of impressive speed. TCW portrays him as pretty average, like every other superhuman being in the animation. If it had been EU Grievous fighting EU Fisto, there would be a speed disparity there.

But there isn't, Adi Gallia contends with him twice, Eeth Koth held his own as did Ahsoka. All of these are great duelists. Jaden and Gnost are even more so. The fact remains, most of his EU feats come before TCW(Though the best one come after S5 imo)

quote:
His prime has nothing to do with how his speed is portrayed. And his impressive speed feats are spread throughout his time as cyborg, not just near the end.

So.. He had his impressive speed with Gallia, Koth and Ahsoka? (Genuine question)

quote:
What unfinished episodes and what upgrades? If he's canonically had upgrades then this is likely to increase the degree of stompage in this thread.

Upgrades near RoTS iirc and no, he's not stomping. quit trolling.

quote:
Ah, more backwards logic. In place of feats from Jaden or Gnost you're using fallacious logic by assuming that swordsmen Grievous doesn't instantly fodderize are inferior to Jaden or Gnost, therefore they can't be fodderized.

Don't get salty, I had thought i made my case clearly i didn't they're not fodder. read up on them before you talk shit about them.

quote:
Gallia and Mundi's performances against Grievous are irrelevant to what the characters in this thread can do

Y naught? They did well, what's to stop Jaden and Gnost from doing better?

quote:
Also, pre-TCW typically refers to Grievous with all of his showings prior to him being introduced in TCW. If carthage meant Grievous only has showings from before the time he made his first appearance in TCW relative to the in-universe timeline, then this may be different.

Duly noted.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 06:00 PM