KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Jedi Dooku vs Barsen'thor

Jedi Dooku vs Barsen'thor
Started by: NewGuy01

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

Jedi Dooku vs Barsen'thor

Still tweaking with my top 10 Jedi, who wins?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 06:08 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Thor, easily. Too little is known about Jedi Dooku while the Barsen'thor is a powerhouse with some of the best feats of any Jedi.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 07:54 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Dooku was implied to be the best Jedi produced by the order during the several centuries that Yoda reigned. I think that qualifies him as a powerhouse as well. And if it doesn't, being the only person sans Yoda to defeat Mace Windu does.

He's a top of the line swordsman and a master of the Force, likely stronger than anyone the Barsen'thor has faced before. The idea that she could handle him easily is, as Ant would say, lolworthy.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 08:16 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Double-standards by Sasukedc. ^

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 08:18 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

In what way?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 08:18 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Using hype for PT characters to the point of Top 10s but not doing the same to other eras for even Top 20s.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 08:19 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Again, examples?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 08:21 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Pretty much every character Nephthys ever suggests on the Top 10 thread.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 08:25 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

If you're not going to be specific, I can't help you.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 08:27 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

It wasn't suppose to be a 8+ post discussion, but rather a spiteful yet friendly jab, similarly to what you did to me the other day ago.
Tulak Hord, Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow, Darth Nihilus, Master Wyellett, Jaric Kaedan, Tol Bragga, Ven Zallow, and Kas'im are examples.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 08:30 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Dooku was implied to be the best Jedi produced by the order during the several centuries that Yoda reigned. I think that qualifies him as a powerhouse as well. And if it doesn't, being the only person sans Yoda to defeat Mace Windu does.

He's a top of the line swordsman and a master of the Force, likely stronger than anyone the Barsen'thor has faced before. The idea that she could handle him easily is, as Ant would say, lolworthy.

He still has nothing on the Barsen'thor's level. He is extremely powerful and skilled, but Thor has better TK feats than Dooku does as a Sith Lord, when he was superior to his Jedi incarnation and she has overall superior showings, feats and hype by far.

I doubt that he's stronger than Vivicar or the First Son.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 08:39 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:

Tulak Hord, Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow, Darth Nihilus

I consider all of the above top 20 material, easily. Though because they're ambiguous on the whole, I don't have any precise placements for them--which is the same case as Dooku.

quote:
Master Wyellett, Jaric Kaedan, Tol Bragga, Ven Zallow, and Kas'im.

I generally rank these guys pretty high, not sure what you're talking about. I mean, do you expect me to put them above Kenobi or something? Because I can tell you right now that his hype is better than all of theirs.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Dec 16th, 2014 at 08:43 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 08:39 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I consider all of the above top 20 material, easily.

If you really do consider hype, you would have them all above Dooku.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 08:42 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I generally rank these guys pretty high, not sure what you're talking about. I mean, do you expect me to put them above Kenobi or something? Because I can tell you right now that his hype is better than all of theirs.

Kenobi or Jedi Dooku? Wyellet was hyped as so powerful that the Republic classified him as a superweapon. Hard to get better hype than that, bro. Kaedan beating the Dread Master's, Zallow matching Malgus, Braga giving end of Act III HoT a tough fight and Kas'im mastering every aspect of lightsaber combat are all preeety darn great pieces of hype and implied prowess.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 08:44 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

They aren't from the PT though, Nephthys. Automatically weak.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 08:45 PM
Aurbere

Dooku's prowess as a Jedi is implied, but not really concrete. I'll go with Barsen'thor just because he has a better ground to stand on.

But only in a Force contest, of course.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Aurbere a Private Message Find more posts by Aurbere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

But this isn't a force contest, Aubere.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Wyellet was hyped as so powerful that the Republic classified him as a superweapon.

And he was defeated by the Wrath in mid-Act II. Considering how by this point Wrath was unable to defeat Ekkage or Venegean by himself, Wyellett really can't be better than the upper-class Dark Councillors; but he's up there, to be sure.

quote:
Kaedan beating the Dread Master's,

He and his forces captured them, that doesn't mean he defeated or even fought them. Kaedan too was killed by the Wrath (or Nox), after all. Still, he's a master of Juyo-Kos and according to the encyclopedia wan one of the leaders of the Council; he's obviously solid.

quote:
Zallow matching Malgus,

From my perspective that's a little backwards. The fact that he defeated Zallow is what defines Malgus's skill, not the other way around--and even then, I don't consider Malgus to be Dooku's superior by that point anyway.

@Rest: Not sure what you're trying to prove. Sora Bulq gave Mace Windu a good fight too, and he's still not as good as Dooku or Obi-Wan.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 09:31 PM
Aurbere

But this isn't a force contest, Aubere.

Yeah, I know. If we're talking a straight fight, I'm not sure who would win. I'm leaning Barsen'thor in a tough fight.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 09:36 PM
Click here to Send Aurbere a Private Message Find more posts by Aurbere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

He defeated Vengean nigh-solo (Draag gives the Wrath the lion's share of the credit for his assassination,) and Darth Ekkage's hype matches that of Darth Maul. Considering she felled a sith lord with a casual burst of lightning (and I'm pretty sure destroyed his lightsaber,) it's no wonder the wrath as of early act 2 couldn't solo her. no expression

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

thumb up

Given the above I doubt turning Sith Lord gave Dooku anything more than a moderate improvement in Force Powers plus obviously added Force Lightning to his list of abilities.

Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote