KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Shaak Ti vs. Kit Fisto

Shaak Ti vs. Kit Fisto
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Shaak Ti vs. Kit Fisto

Both as of Revenge of the Sith.
Setting is on the open fields of Lothal.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2015 10:14 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

I swear to god the next duel that's on Lothal...

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2015 10:21 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 12th, 2015 10:23 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fisto.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2015 10:27 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Shaak Ti takes this imo.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jan 12th, 2015 10:34 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
Fisto.

thumb up

Old Post Jan 12th, 2015 10:51 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

Shaak seems to have better feats.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 12:13 AM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're right, stalemating one MagnaGuard for 30 seconds > Destroying two in seconds.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 12:18 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

No, it's more like taking on 20+ Magnaguards by herself>Killing 2 in seconds.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 12:32 AM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

And defeating them by virtue of their own inability to fight against non-lightsaber form techniques, not Shaak's own skill. Evidenced by the fact she only killed them in droves when she turned to unorthodox, direct methods with an electrostaff, whereas every time she had a saber in her hand she struggled to kill any. Luceno did a good job of explaining it to us.
quote:
Dooku had taught Grievous well, and Grievous had taught his elite well. Coupled with Dooku's coaching, their programming in the seven classic forms of lightsaber dueling - in the Jedi arts - made them lethal opponents. But they were not invincible, not even Grievous, because they could be confused by unpredictability, and they had no understanding of finesse. A player of dejarik could memorize all the classic openings and countermoves, and still not be a master of the game. Defeat often came at the hands of less experienced players who knew nothing about the traditional strategies. A professional fighter, a combat artist, could be defeated by a cantina brawler who knew nothing about form but everything about ending a conflict quickly, without a thought to winning gracefully or elegantly. Enslavement to form opened one to defeat by the unforeseen. This was often the failing of trained duelists, and it would be the failing of the Jedi Order.
-Labyrinth of Evil

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 12:42 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Shaak Ti wins, though.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 12:50 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Right, you do realize that her objective was to get the Chancellor to safety right? not have a full out fight with Grevious and the Magna-Guards. She kept them at bay and retreated. and then she destroyed them when she stood her ground.

Also, Jar'Kai is unorthodox? they seemed to have had no problem pushing Fisto back.

I'm going with Shaak Ti, personally.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 12:51 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Yeah, it's a pretty desperate excuse, even if it does have some merit. It doesn't matter, though, because the miniseries battles are ridiculous anyway.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 12:52 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Right, you do realize that her objective was to get the Chancellor to safety right? not have a full out fight with Grevious and the Magna-Guards. She kept them at bay and retreated. and then she destroyed them when she stood her ground.

Also, Jar'Kai is unorthodox? they seemed to have had no problem pushing Fisto back.

I'm going with Shaak Ti, personally.

7:10-7:35 Ti is unable to kill a single MagnaGuard in this timeframe, in a simple 1v1 fight with nowhere to run and nobody interfering. In less than that time Fisto slaughtered two of them.

I didn't say Jar'kai was unorthodox, partly because Ti didn't actually kill anything when she wielded an electrostaff alongside her lightsaber. The only time she began rapidly killing MagnaGuards was when she just had a staff, and the manner in which she killed them lines up perfectly with the description of what MagnaGuards can't cope with properly in Labyrinth of Evil.

Description:
quote:
A professional fighter, a combat artist, could be defeated by a cantina brawler who knew nothing about form but everything about ending a conflict quickly, without a thought to winning gracefully or elegantly.
Result:
http://youtu.be/_bI9N533A98?t=4m50s
I count five MagnaGuards being taken out by simple, direct impalement. No lightsaber form present, and it matches up perfectly with LoE.

Ti struggles with single MagnaGuards and only gained ground against the army due to their own limitations.

GG

Last edited by ILS on Jan 13th, 2015 at 01:09 AM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 01:00 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ILS
And defeating them by virtue of their own inability to fight against non-lightsaber form techniques, not Shaak's own skill. Evidenced by the fact she only killed them in droves when she turned to unorthodox, direct methods with an electrostaff, whereas every time she had a saber in her hand she struggled to kill any. Luceno did a good job of explaining it to us.
-Labyrinth of Evil

I find this kinda jarring, then what's the point of even training if defeat came often for those who were master combatants or master game players?

I mean losing to a cantina brawler and a noob dejarik player, you may aswell just stop what you're doing.

Edit: Wait...ok I get the combat one, but not really the dejarik one.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jan 13th, 2015 at 01:03 AM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 01:00 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Yeah, it's a pretty desperate excuse, even if it does have some merit. It doesn't matter, though, because the miniseries battles are ridiculous anyway.
It's not an excuse, it's an observation that explains why Shaak Ti can't kill one MagnaGuard with her lightsaber as fast as she killed six with an electrostaff. And calling the micro series ridiculous isn't an argument.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 01:01 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Zenwolf
I find this kinda jarring, then what's the point of even training if defeat came often for those who were master combatants or master game players?

I mean losing to a cantina brawler and a noob dejarik player, you may aswell just stop what you're doing.

Edit: Wait...ok I get the combat one, but not really the dejarik one.
The point is, MagnaGuards are designed primarily to face lightsaber wielding opponents who utilise the seven lightsaber forms. When faced with something as simple and, to them, unpredictable, as being stabbed in the chest by a staff, they can't cope.

Those are just analogies, and they hold true. A master fighter can prepare all day for all the intricate techniques and strategies one could present going into a fight, but if they don't prepare for basic, fundamental principles of fighting they'll wind up on the losing end.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 01:04 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ILS
The point is, MagnaGuards are designed primarily to face lightsaber wielding opponents who utilise the seven lightsaber forms. When faced with something as simple and, to them, unpredictable, as being stabbed in the chest by a staff, they can't cope.

Those are just analogies, and they hold true. A master fighter can prepare all day for all the intricate techniques and strategies one could present going into a fight, but if they don't prepare for basic, fundamental principles of fighting they'll wind up on the losing end.

Ya I got the combat one, professional fighter/artist didn't see that, so they would all be fancy with it n such, so ya they could lose an actual fight.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 01:08 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

It is also the case that it is not necessarily killing magna guards that determines the victor.

Kit was a Form 1 guy, using Shii Cho. Shaak blended forms 2 and 4 into her personal fighting style.

Form 1 does poorly in dueling, and Shaak's forms, particularly Makashi, enjoy an advantage on Shii Cho.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 01:33 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

To be fair Fisto is kind of the exception to the rule of Shii-Cho being a blaster deflecting form, otherwise he wouldn't be slaughtering MagnaGuards, outsparring AotC Kenobi and being considered one of the best duelists in the Order. But while I didn't see that as an issue I did overlook that Makashi is a direct counter for Shii-Cho. Still, Fisto is obviously more skilled than her by a fair margin so it's hard to gauge just how much the form countering would come into play.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 01:39 AM