KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Luke, Sidious and Yoda vs. Exar Kun, Revan, Vitiate and Plagueis

Luke, Sidious and Yoda vs. Exar Kun, Revan, Vitiate and Plagueis
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Luke, Sidious and Yoda vs. Exar Kun, Revan, Vitiate and Plagueis

All at their peak.

No prep time or amp is given.

Setting: Senate Rotunda where Sidious fought Yoda in RotS

Who wins?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 06:12 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

Team 1 stomps. 3 10s beat a combo of 9s and 9.5s with little trouble. GM Luke and DE Sidious alone probably could've taken it, Yoda is gravy.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 06:29 PM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Team 1.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 06:31 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Interesting. I will reserve my judgement for now.

Let's make it:
scenario 1) only Luke and Sidious on team 1
scenario 2) add also Yoda on team 1

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 06:31 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

Team 1 because of Yoda. Taking out Yoda It depends on the combo but I am not sure that Luke or Sidious can take on two at once even in their prime.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 06:57 PM
Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

Oh, they can. If it was just GM Luke and DE Sidious, Luke would 'tank', using the Light Side to keep the enemy at bay while Sidious charges up his Force Storm. Once the Force Storm hits...well, the other team can't do Force Harmony, cause they're all Sith. Except Revan, and Harmony can't be done alone.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

Another scenario would be Vitiate using his mind rape powers on Luke and Sidious while everyone else attacks. That would be put Luke and Sidious at a disadvantage.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 07:44 PM
Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

No it wouldn't. Vitiate needs prep for it to work and it doesn't work on the truly powerful.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 08:04 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
No it wouldn't. Vitiate needs prep for it to work and it doesn't work on the truly powerful.

Proof?

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 08:17 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by psmith81992
Proof?

Play the game. Vitiate says it himself. If the HoT is too powerful, Sidious and Luke definitely are.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 08:25 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

I haven't been around for awhile. I do not recall, where does it state that prep is needed? What powerful individuals did it not work on who did not have prior experience with experiencing it first hand?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 08:27 PM
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Play the game. Vitiate says it himself. If the HoT is too powerful, Sidious and Luke definitely are.

I've played the game. Are you going to continue giving half assed responses in all your debates on here?

quote:
do not recall, where does it state that prep is needed? What powerful individuals did it not work on who did not have prior experience with experiencing it first hand?

It is not stated anywhere. It has always worked. The voice was in a weakened state when being defeated by the HoT.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 08:28 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

It has nothing to do with prior experience, Scourge makes that clear. Revan had to devise a technique to stop it. Vitiate himself says it's about the HoT's power. And it requiring prep is from the devs.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 08:31 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by psmith81992
I've played the game. Are you going to continue giving half assed responses in all your debates on here?

It is not stated anywhere. It has always worked. The voice was in a weakened state when being defeated by the HoT.

I love the irony in this. You know, where nothing you say is actually in game, but what I said is. My ass you've played it, if serious.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 08:33 PM
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love the irony in this. You know, where nothing you say is actually in game, but what I said is. My ass you've played it, if serious.

quote:
Proof?

In case you haven't noticed, continuing to repeat something without backing it up doesn't make it any more factual.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 08:34 PM
Kotor3

It has nothing to do with prior experience, Scourge makes that clear. Revan had to devise a technique to stop it. Vitiate himself says it's about the HoT's power. And it requiring prep is from the devs.

I thought you had something new. I've heard the prep and no prep argument before. So, I am going to leave that one alone. I am on the side that no prep is needed.

Either way, if prep is needed or not I still see it being a hell of a fight for Luke or Sidious to win against a combo of either of those fighters. Unless you are the Ones no one is stomping a combo of any of those fighters.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 08:37 PM
Angelalex242

There is no enemy in the mythos capable of mindraping GM Luke or DE Sidious. Even Aboleth, who clearly drives other force users insane, can't even begin to drive Luke nuts.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 09:10 PM
Kotor3

The point is that is would be a distraction whether it work or not. With others attacking them it mostly likely would have an affect on them since they would have to divert their energy and attention.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 09:26 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Angelalex242
There is no enemy in the mythos capable of mindraping GM Luke or DE Sidious. Even Aboleth, who clearly drives other force users insane, can't even begin to drive Luke nuts.

Unuthul got close iirc.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

The Hive Mind attacking him in that instance was the equivalent of hundreds of beings working in concert. Still, Luke did require the help of his wife and a couple other people to fight it off.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2015 10:04 PM