KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Traya vs Darth Nyriss

Darth Traya vs Darth Nyriss
Started by: ChaosTheory123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Darth Traya vs Darth Nyriss

I'm kind of bored.

Figured I'd see how you all play connect the dots around here, given I would like to decisively suggest Traya's above Nyriss, but available data sort of has me viewing them as interchangeable in terms of raw power at least if nothing else.

Kind of annoying given Traya's superior character.

Make the battlefield Raxus Prime, because why not?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:06 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Traya one shots.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:11 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Funny you just made that, I just repolished by Darth Nyriss Respect Thread:
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/da...t-thread/95301/ (click link to experience)
I give Darth Traya an edge on Malachor IV, but Darth Nyriss an edge on neutral grounds.
Also, make it in the rules Darth Traya can't use Force Drain since members take it as auto-win.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:11 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trocity
Traya one shots.

I see the one line posters are an omnipresent plague where ever I post :maybe

I appreciate activity, but maybe some substance would be appreciated?

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Funny you just made that, I just repolished by Darth Nyriss Respect Thread:
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/da...t-thread/95301/ (click link to experience)
I give Darth Traya an edge on Malachor IV, but Darth Nyriss an edge on neutral grounds.
Also, make it in the rules Darth Traya can't use Force Drain since members take it as auto-win.

I'll take a look later, beats GRE prep...

Curious, but what about a location would make someone more able to draw upon the power of a given nexus? The energy is kind of there for everyone to sponge off of.

Why do they take it as an auto win? As far as I can tell, rate of consumption is kind of an issue if the target of the attack has deep reserves to draw from?

Or would they suggest Traya could instantly sap someone like Goku at the end of the Buu Arc of his power despite possessing more than enough to blow up planets?

Have they never heard of the derivative logical fallacy "no limits fallacy"?

Yes, I note my example is extreme, Nyriss doesn't feasibly possess that kind of stamina anyway, but I'm curious as for WHY its an instant win.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:18 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123

Curious, but what about a location would make someone more able to draw upon the power of a given nexus? The energy is kind of there for everyone to sponge off of.

What do you mean (can you reword it so I get what you are saying stick out tongue)?

Why do they take it as an auto win? As far as I can tell, rate of consumption is kind of an issue if the target of the attack has deep reserves to draw from?

Or would they suggest Traya could instantly sap someone like Goku at the end of the Buu Arc of his power despite possessing more than enough to blow up planets?

Have they never heard of the derivative logical fallacy "no limits fallacy"?

Yes, I note my example is extreme, Nyriss doesn't feasibly possess that kind of stamina anyway, but I'm curious as for WHY its an instant win. [/B]

*motions to the Jedi Council drain*

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:26 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

He's asking why Malachor would boost Traya more than Nyriss.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:27 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Ah okay, thanks mother. It wouldn't, and sorry for not being more specific, that's not what I meant...
I meant Darth Traya as represented on Malachor IV (aka including her feats) should beat Darth Nyriss with much difficulty.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:29 PM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

What do you mean?

Why would Nyriss be any less efficient at drawing on the energy of Malachor's nexus than Traya?

quote:
*motions to the Jedi Council drain*

Impressive

Fails to actually address my stance though

That council's best show of energy was stasising Surik before her final power up

Traya's already established as having more power than peak Surik (namely the ***** that stood on Nathema and killed the Greater Storm beast of a species of creatures that barely survived the first activation of the MSG).

What about this council gives them the reserves of force energy to withstand her force drain for prolonged periods?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:29 PM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Ah okay, thanks mother. It wouldn't, and sorry for not being more specific, that's not what I meant...
I meant Darth Traya as represented on Malachor IV (aka including her feats) should beat Darth Nyriss with much difficulty.

I tend to think in joules when judging feats, so I might be missing why you all consider her showings on Malachor more impressive than what we know she gets from powerscaling from Surik's raw stats anyway :hmm

Nothing particularly trumps resisting sub-atomic destruction on Nathema or killing the Storm Beast as far as raw power goes, the rest is a bunch of powerscaling.

Speaking of, your Nyriss thread's missing the fact she an Scourge stood on Nathema.

EDIT - what epithets does this forum sensor? Seems b itch is one, but what are the others I should be aware of?

I'm kind of crass, don't want to needlessly throw around words that could screw me over with mods or whatever now :hmm

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:36 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
Why would Nyriss be any less efficient at drawing on the energy of Malachor's nexus than Traya?

quote:

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
quote:
Impressive

Fails to actually address my stance though

That council's best show of energy was stasising Surik before her final power up

Traya's already established as having more power than peak Surik (namely the ***** that stood on Nathema and killed the Greater Storm beast of a species of creatures that barely survived the first activation of the MSG).

What about this council gives them the reserves of force energy to withstand her force drain for prolonged periods?

I can't speak in behalf of the people who believe Darth Traya can do her Force Drain to anyone instantly, so I won't because maybe I am misunderstanding them. From what I gathered, they consider Darth Traya instantly draining the Jedi Council (each with more feats then stasising Surik, actually) somehow gives ample proof she can do it to say... Malak. Hopefully someone who supports the motion can help clarify their fallacious ideas. I will mention however you are vastly underrating Surik if you consider the two you listed her best feats (as you seen, I don't care much for the Nathema stuff, even if it is cool), and hopefully Selenial can jump in and start spamming some of her better feats. Namely her biggest one is fighting through "legions" of Sith Assassins in a world as corrupted as Malachor V. The circumstances behind such a fight somewhat take away the impressiveness when comparing it the Star Forge slaughter or other accomplishments, but none can simply deny the existence of all the dead corpses in what remains of the Trayus Academy.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jan 23rd, 2015 at 10:39 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:36 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

EDIT - what epithets does this forum sensor? Seems b itch is one, but what are the others I should be aware of?

I'm kind of crass, don't want to needlessly throw around words that could screw me over with mods or whatever now :hmm

Meh, the mods are extremely laid back here. You can do everything short of saying "Bane dies" or creating an Islamic cult. thumb up

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:40 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Kinda like no one can deny how Nyriss made Surik her personal *****. big grin

I'd consider both Traya and Nyriss a ways more powerful than her. As for this fight, Nyriss definitely has the better combat feats, but Traya seems to be more powerful--I'm inclined to side with her, if only because of the implications of how powerful the Entity was.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:42 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

I can't speak in behalf of the people who believe Darth Traya can do her Force Drain to anyone instantly, so I won't because maybe I am misunderstanding them. From what I gathered, they consider Darth Traya instantly draining the Jedi Council (each with more feats then stasising Surik, actually) somehow gives ample proof she can do it to say... Malak. Hopefully someone who supports the motion can help clarify their fallacious ideas. I will mention however you are vastly underrating Surik if you consider the two you listed her best feats (as you seen, I don't care much for the Nathema stuff, even if it is cool), and hopefully Selenial can jump in and start spamming some of her better feats. Namely her biggest one is fighting through "legions" of Sith Assassins in a world as corrupted as Malachor V. The circumstances behind such a fight somewhat take away the impressiveness when comparing it the Star Forge slaughter or other accomplishments, but none can simply deny the existence of all the dead corpses in what remains of the Trayus Academy. [/B]

They have more feats, but as far as raw power goes, it's the only one that shows they have more or comparable to Surik at that time. She gets her better feats later on after her last power up.

Hopefully they'll explain though, because this interpretation of the attack without support seems like a giant joke :hmm

Nah, I imagine I overrate them by your board's standards.

Bear in mind, to sub-atomically destroy a human sized amount of carbon, you're talking megatons of energy. The energy a given storm beast had to tank upon Malachor's destruction is well above megatons at the low end of the spectrum too. If you work with the fact the planet flew apart at sub-relativistic speeds, you're talking high gigatons to a teraton or 2.

Like I said, I think in joules. High school physics being how I figure shit out.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:42 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

They have more feats, but as far as raw power goes, it's the only one that shows they have more or comparable to Surik at that time. She gets her better feats later on after her last power up.

Hopefully they'll explain though, because this interpretation of the attack without support seems like a giant joke :hmm

Nah, I imagine I overrate them by your board's standards.

Bear in mind, to sub-atomically destroy a human sized amount of carbon, you're talking megatons of energy. The energy a given storm beast had to tank upon Malachor's destruction is well above megatons at the low end of the spectrum too. If you work with the fact the planet flew apart at sub-relativistic speeds, you're talking high gigatons to a teraton or 2.

Like I said, I think in joules. High school physics being how I figure shit out.

I'm not sure science laws apply to Star Wars: especially works like TSL, but still a very interesting point. However I recall the beasts survived by hiding deep within Malachor IV's surface.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:44 PM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

I'm not sure science laws apply to Star Wars: especially works like TSL, but still a very interesting point. However I recall the beasts survived by hiding deep within Malachor IV's surface.

Then how do you determine who's feats are more impressive?

Without science for comparison, you're just subjectively judging shit with your own biased views with little basis for any real comparison.

I don't pretend fiction anywhere is consistent with all or much of physics, but what we can use of it is what we use to determine what is and isn't powerful (TK and Force Lightning feats come to mind)

And fluff would have likely clarified if the species all went underground to survive, so per laws of parsimony, I'm going to work with the premise they tanked it much like anything else had to (its less assumption to assume they survived where ever they might have been as opposed to miraculously being underground when shit hit the fan with no warning).

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:48 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Traya states that there's no defense against the technique, hence the concept that Nyriss is quite defenceless against her.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:50 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Then how do you determine who's feats are more impressive?

We compare character's feats to the ones they are put against:

Character A can bring down a building but cannot bring down a mountain.
Character B can bring down a building and a mountain.
Character C can bring down a ceiling and a wall.

Character B is hence the more powerful character.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jan 23rd, 2015 at 10:55 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:53 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Ant it's Malachor V not Malachor IV, learn Roman numerals honey.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:53 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Character A is hence the more powerful character.

Uh, ya sure about that?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:54 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Character A is hence the more powerful character.

That makes about as much sense as 90% of your Revan arguments, indeed.

Typos are fun.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 10:54 PM