KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Corran Horn vs Warb Null

Corran Horn vs Warb Null
Started by: ILS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Worried Corran Horn vs Warb Null

Who..... takes it, I guess?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 01:04 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

le sigh, which one of them was it this time? I'm guessing it was Jen.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 01:09 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Evan lol

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 01:17 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Cringe

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 01:43 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Both EvanNova95 and Jensaarai1 are geniuses and their Vs. videos are amazing. They are MUCH better, more enjoyable and more accurate than anything on this forum. At least they actually give analyses of why the duel would go the way they believe it would. All this board has to offer 90% of the time is:

"Maul/Dooku/Bane/Zallow/ whoever" or "Maul/Dooku/Bane/Zallow/ whoever stomps."

BORING! Where's the fun in that? If you believe that a character would win a duel than give your reason why. Is that really so difficult?

Last edited by chilled monkey on Feb 7th, 2015 at 02:28 AM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 02:22 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Corran given that Warb was entirely amped by nexus/darkside energies when he fought the Jedi on Onderon

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 02:23 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Both EvanNova95 and Jensaarai1 are geniuses and their Vs. videos are amazing. They are MUCH better, more enjoyable and more accurate than anything on this forum. At least they actually give analyses of why the duel would go the way they believe it would. All this board has to offer 90% of the time is:

"Maul/Dooku/Bane/Zallow/ whoever" or "Maul/Dooku/Bane/Zallow/ whoever stomps."

BORING! Where's the fun in that?

Vader takes a majority over Yoda

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carthage
Corran given that Warb was entirely amped by nexus/darkside energies when he fought the Jedi on Onderon
And was also fodderized by a weakened, well prior to prime Ulic Qel-Droma, solidifying Null's status as nothing more than a character whose only purpose was to die and never actually do anything cool thumb up

There's your reason, Chilled Monkey.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 02:38 AM
The Merchant

All these Youtube videos do is argue over little schematics like Lightsaber hilts lol.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 02:53 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Trocity
Vader takes a majority over Yoda

So what?

1) As I said, at least he put some actual effort into it. At least he gave a proper in-depth analysis and reasons why he felt that way. Even if I disagree with the result I respect that a hundred times more than someone who just goes "Yoda STOMPS!"

2) So he makes one bad decision and you base your entire view on that and just dismiss everything else? That makes no sense at all, that's like watching one bad episode of a TV series and then refusing to ever watch anything written by that show's writers.

Sure he has his faults (such as his views on Yoda), but look at say, his video of "Vindican vs. Luminara." That showed an incredible ability to analyse limited information and come to intelligent and logical conclusions.

Originally posted by The Merchant
All these Youtube videos do is argue over little schematics like Lightsaber hilts lol.

Well DUH! That's what makes them so much fun.

Last edited by chilled monkey on Feb 7th, 2015 at 03:00 AM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 02:57 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why would you respect someone who takes like 40-60 minutes to deduce the wrong answer to a fight, a hundred times more than people who have the common sense to give a simple answer to a simple question? Close fights are what an in-depth analysis is for, not poorly thought out match ups with mostly superfluous and subjective observations rather than simple facts and evidence.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 03:02 AM
The Merchant

Corran Horn would beat up Null so badly.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 03:07 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by ILS
Why would you respect someone who takes like 40-60 minutes to deduce the wrong answer to a fight, a hundred times more than people who have the common sense to give a simple answer to a simple question?

Because its fun. I don't care about the "answer." I watch videos like that because I like to know the "why" and what different people's views are. It's interesting to consider and it helps me get ideas.

Originally posted by ILS
Close fights are what an in-depth analysis is for, not poorly thought out match ups with mostly superfluous and subjective observations rather than simple facts and evidence.

Where's the enjoyment in that? If this were a serious matter (a court case for example), then yes, we would stick to simple facts and evidence. VS. videos are not a serious matter, they are supposed to be FUN and so they should include some individuality and subjective opinion.

Besides, as I said before, you are fixating on just one bad episode. If you bothered to watch some of his other videos I think you'd be very impressed with some of the conclusions he comes to.

Originally posted by The Merchant
Corran Horn would beat up Null so badly.

Have you actually watched the video?

Last edited by chilled monkey on Feb 7th, 2015 at 03:33 AM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 03:27 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, it's not fun for me and some others personally just because a lot of it is head-scratching-ly false a lot of times. To each their own, although on that note whining about people giving a short answer to a thread, compared to a video someone has spents months on is kind of silly tbh. Maybe some people don't have the time of day to sit and spell out why Yoda is > Vader or Corran > Null.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 03:33 AM
chilled monkey

Originally posted by ILS
Well, it's not fun for me and some others personally just because a lot of it is head-scratching-ly false a lot of times. To each their own, although on that note whining about people giving a short answer to a thread, compared to a video someone has spents months on is kind of silly tbh. Maybe some people don't have the time of day to sit and spell out why Yoda is > Vader or Corran > Null.

You know what's really silly? Claiming that "Yoda stomps" (or whoever) is an intelligent, thought-provoking answer that makes for interesting discussion.

If somebody doesn't have time for a full analysis then fine, fair enough, but at least give some depth, some reason, something to stimulate discussion. It doesn't take that long to type for example, "he's more experienced/skilled etc." If you can't even post that then why bother posting at all?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 04:04 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because when you've been debating SW for months/years, and you're familiar with the community, Yoda vs Darth Vader is a fight whose victor is universally agreed upon and doesn't really require bumping/rehashing unless some new viewpoint or material appears. Some of us have been doing this for a while. We're not boring because we don't try to make fun out of boring fights.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 04:27 AM
Q99

I think Warb's performance is good enough to indicate he's fairly dangerous to normal Jedi, and probably even some Jedi masters, but as his showing against Ulic says, higher tier warriors are too much for him, and Corran is definitely above that Ulic in my opinion.

Originally posted by ILS
Because when you've been debating SW for months/years, and you're familiar with the community, Yoda vs Darth Vader is a fight whose victor is universally agreed upon and doesn't really require bumping/rehashing unless some new viewpoint or material appears. Some of us have been doing this for a while. We're not boring because we don't try to make fun out of boring fights.

That is a point.

Basically we toss out various discussions, some of which there isn't much to say about, but we do so in search of the ones that are.

I do like it when more reason is given, and in closer fights it especially matters, but not all of them have enough meat for such a response.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 08:05 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

make it 10 warb nulls so there's something to talk about

Old Post Feb 15th, 2019 07:09 PM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote