KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Non-Force Sensitive Elites Grand Rumble.

Non-Force Sensitive Elites Grand Rumble.
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Non-Force Sensitive Elites Grand Rumble.

1 Yuuzhan Vong

vs

1 Mandalorian

vs

1 Imperial Guard

vs

1 Magnaguard

Fight on Hypori.

Time to decide who the ultimate Muggle fighting force is. If needed some of these could get some upgrades since I know Magnaguards vary in terms of effectiveness based on their model and Vong have Slayers and shit. I don't know much about the Vong so if a standard Warrior is no good we'll bump it up to a Slayer or something.

Until then though, standard versions and standard equipment.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 01:09 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think I'll side with the Mandalorian, at least in this scenario.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 01:12 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I think the Mando's do have an advantage as the ones with primary ranged weapons, but I think the IG at least is better trained and more skilled.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 03:26 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I'm pretty sure everyone, save for the Mando is strictly melee only. Guard/Magna have electrostaffs and Vong have that weird staff thing...

Unless the Vong also have ranged weaponry.

But the Mando has the advantage with having range equipment, which means he can easily stay out of range of the Guard/Magna electrostaffs and take them down. So then it's just the Mando vs Vong and that's the same way, unless the Vong has a ranged weapon.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 03:30 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Mandalorian won't do too well in CQC; they're not incompetent, easily on-par in terms of fighting skill, it's just their lack of devotion to armed CQC combat that holds them back. That's why I see the Mandalorian doing the smart thing and staying in the background, picking off targets stealthily, and bombarding anything that attacks them directly.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 03:34 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I kinda want to side with the Vong; much more unorthodox tactics and weaponry that the others aren't trained to combat. Then again, I'm not sure how capable Vong grunts are.

Also, a Vong Slayer would stomp any of the competition.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 04:59 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

A Mandalorian is fairly well suited to taking out Vong, though. AFAIK they aren't trained to deflect or avoid projectile weaponry the way Jedi are.

There's actually a source that talks about how IG-88 would have absolutely massacred the Vong because of the type of weaponry he employed. He's obviously a special case, but you get the gist.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 05:11 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I kinda want to side with the Vong; much more unorthodox tactics and weaponry that the others aren't trained to combat. Then again, I'm not sure how capable Vong grunts are.

Also, a Vong Slayer would stomp any of the competition.

Hmm. I'm not sure of either. Wookie said that a Slayer has never actually beaten a Jedi so I was a bit unimpressed.

Personally I think it's probably IG > Vong > MG > Mando, but the Mando makes up for that with his equipment and ranged advantage. Maybe this is just me, but I think the Magnaguards were portrayed as much more potent than the Mando's were in TCW.

The Vong's chances are likely based on how well it's armor and weapons would hold up to their opponents.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 05:49 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

That's because the Slayers never fought any pleb Jedi; they only faced the best.

Also, isn't their armor resistant to blasters and lightsabers?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 06:01 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The Vong have beatles that can short out blasters and stuff, but assuming the Mando takes the high ground and uses ranged weapons he can probably win. The Vong warrior can probably kill everyone else, if its a Slayer than he might give the Mando a bit more trouble but if the Mando keeps his distance he might have a chance

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 06:02 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

That's because the Slayers never fought any pleb Jedi; they only faced the best.

Also, isn't their armor resistant to blasters and lightsabers?

Yeah. How's it do against electricity? 2 of these fighters have electrostaves.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 06:05 PM
Q99

Originally posted by Zenwolf
I'm pretty sure everyone, save for the Mando is strictly melee only. Guard/Magna have electrostaffs and Vong have that weird staff thing...

Unless the Vong also have ranged weaponry.

Vong have thud bugs and it's variants (thrown living weapons, which home in on targets to an extent), plus amphistaffs can be thrown as spears.

I think Imperial Guard have blasters. They're primarily melee, but Kir Kanos was good enough to shoot a pilot in the cockpit of a passing fighter.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 07:22 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Q99
Vong have thud bugs and it's variants (thrown living weapons, which home in on targets to an extent), plus amphistaffs can be thrown as spears.

I think Imperial Guard have blasters. They're primarily melee, but Kir Kanos was good enough to shoot a pilot in the cockpit of a passing fighter.

Wrong Guard being used here, the Imperial Guard are Vitiate's Guard. The Royal Guards are Palpatine.

The Imperial Guard, in their appearance of Revan, used electrostaffs and that's it...wait...ok yes, they did use blasters too now that I read it.

Although tbh, I feel Imperial Guard and the Mando aren't that far off in terms of ability.

I mean Vitiate's Guard only goes underwent months of brutal training and pulled from slaves to troopers. Yeah they can take on Jedi, but so can Mandos and considering that their training isn't so extensive, I feel that with the Mando and his training, it shouldn't be that far apart.

Plus Vitiate's Guard seem to have a serious god complex, in Revan, they charged straight into a hail of blasterfire and just got mowed down.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Feb 24th, 2015 at 02:12 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 02:01 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Although I'm not saying that the IGs are stupid, but that bit was just so.....yeah.

I'm kinda looking at it like this personally, not including the Vong, cause I don't know much about em.

MG > Mando = IG

As far as melee combat wise, that's where I see it.

Overall though?

Mando > IG = MG

Because of the range equipment the Mando would have.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 03:37 AM
Q99

Ok, then I don't know these guys, and it sounds like they're kinda not gonna win anyway.

I'll bet on the Yuuzhan warrior. They've got good gear and good skill.

Though they will focus on the Magnaguard first when they should focus on the Mando...

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 03:37 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Q99
Ok, then I don't know these guys, and it sounds like they're kinda not gonna win anyway.

I'll bet on the Yuuzhan warrior. They've got good gear and good skill.

Though they will focus on the Magnaguard first when they should focus on the Mando...

Don't get me wrong, Vitiate's Guard is skilled and they could take the win in melee against the Mando if playing their cards right.

But the MG just is superior melee wise judging from the evidence really, plus their durability.

So melee, I could see it coming down between the MG and Vong.

With range, I could see the Mando taking it while the other 3 go at one another in melee.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 03:46 AM
Q99

Warriors are pretty darn badass themselves. They have strong armor (saber-resistant), their amphistaff works as both a rigid weapon and as a flexible whip and as a snake. A comic notes, "thudbugs will fly back to the thrower's hand if they miss. They almost never miss."

They don't serve as the grunts, btw, they have a sub-species for that.

Originally posted by ILS
[B]A Mandalorian is fairly well suited to taking out Vong, though. AFAIK they aren't trained to deflect or avoid projectile weaponry the way Jedi are.

Not deflect, yea, but they are fast and do have good armor.

The flamethrower would be dangerous.

On the flip side, flying around makes them an obvious and easy thudbug target, and a Mando's not going to dodge that either.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 04:54 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Q99
Warriors are pretty darn badass themselves. They have strong armor (saber-resistant), their amphistaff works as both a rigid weapon and as a flexible whip and as a snake. A comic notes, "thudbugs will fly back to the thrower's hand if they miss. They almost never miss."

They don't serve as the grunts, btw, they have a sub-species for that.

Not deflect, yea, but they are fast and do have good armor.

The flamethrower would be dangerous.

On the flip side, flying around makes them an obvious and easy thudbug target, and a Mando's not going to dodge that either.

Hmm...I'd probably learn a tad more to the Vong then with the Thudbug.

Actually I just looked up some info, yeah the Thudbugs are pretty impressive and I don't see a Mando avoiding them or being able to react to something moving at 93 mph or at least enough to avoid every time anyway. The armor could probably disperse some damage taken, but still.

Although Mando's aren't shabby with blasters either. Tbh now I see it coming down to more of a who shoots first type of thing rage wise between the Mando and Vong.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Feb 24th, 2015 at 05:04 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 04:59 AM
Zenwolf

Also just one thing....exactly what kind of Mando are we speaking of?....Because a Mandalorian can be pretty much any species.

quote:
Though in modern times, the Mandalorians have become a grab-bag of alien races.

- Taken from Insider 80

I mean I know people go for immediate, human Mando. But just curious Neph, a different species Mando could make for interesting.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Feb 24th, 2015 at 06:00 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 05:52 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah it's the swtor IG. Not sure how the Magnaguards are so obviously better though. The Imperial Guard is described as so good that "the mightiest of Sith have laid down their lightsabers and surrendered to the inevitable death offered by a guardsmans electrostaff." And even the Dark Council fear them. Even Darth Nyriss knew she couldn't take them.

A noteworthy member of them has killed six Jedi and over two dozen Sith Lords. I'm not sure if even Fett has as good of a record, though he was a bit handicapped on availability.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 10:49 AM