KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Ulic vs. Bane

Ulic vs. Bane
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Ulic vs. Bane

Peak Ulic and Dynasty of Evil Bane.

Neutral setting.

No amp/prep time.

Who wins?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 02:53 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ulic.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 03:09 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Bane

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 03:14 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Ulic

Better duelist, faster, more skilled.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 06:03 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Bane

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Bane

Prove it

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 05:03 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Not sure why you're going for Ulic. He has less going for him as Bane does and many of the "arguments" you've used against Bane apply to him as well.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:41 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Not sure why you're going for Ulic. He has less going for him as Bane does and many of the "arguments" you've used against Bane apply to him as well.

He was the only guy to hold his own against Exar Kun, Bane has beaten no one on Exar's or even fought anyone on his level. None of Bane's force attacks are powerful enough to harm him, and he's faster than him as well.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 09:11 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

And how is Exar any greater than Bane as well? His only saber feats are beating essentially featless people like Vodo and Sylvar, killing fodder guards and stalemating Ulic. If you followed your own standards you'd be backing Bane here.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 09:16 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

And how is Exar any greater than Bane as well? His only saber feats are beating essentially featless people like Vodo and Sylvar, killing fodder guards and stalemating Ulic. If you followed your own standards you'd be backing Bane here.

Nope. Ulic has beaten back a nexus amped Warb Null who was kicking the asses of Tott Doneeta and Cay at once, fought while deprived of the force against a Jedi he one shot him basically while Bane got stomped by weakling Sirak and only beat Kas'im by using nexus energy. Bane needed nexuses to beat his opponents, Ulic beat his opponents in spite of being hindered. None of Bane's force attacks will penetrate his shields either, he can tank and knock back a nexus amped Ommin's darkside attacks, tank blaster bolts that can penetrate ships.

Bane's out of his depth as usual

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 09:23 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Tott, Cay and Null are also featless. You're just building up your castle on equally shaky sand here. Sirak and Kas'im also beat people, you just don't care because they're featless. But suddenly Tott and Cay are worth something. Right. And he one shot who? All of Banes opponents had the same amps or greater ones to call upon. And Ulic has no offense to challenge Bane either. Though I'd argue against Ulic blocking Bane's lightning and TK so easily.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 09:31 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Tott, Cay and Null are also featless. You're just building up your castle on equally shaky sand here. And he one shot who? All of Banes opponents had the same amps or greater ones to call upon. And Ulic has no offense to challenge Bane either. Though I'd argue against Ulic blocking Bane's lightning and TK so easily.

Lol @ having no offense to challenge Bane, he's the more skilled duelist by virtue of having faced Exar. Unless Bane has some superior showing other than losing and getting beaten by far inferior opponents to Exar, than I don't really have to worry about Ulic losing a duel now do I? He can dodge Bane's lightning/deflect it/or block it with his saber, and none of Bane's force showings with telekinesis are powerful enough to suggest he could dominate Ulic (whose blasted back multiple Jedi at once).

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 09:34 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exar was hailed as an unparalleled duelist as a Jedi, during a time period where masterful swordsmen were plentiful due to frequent conflicts arising. Then Ulic stalemated him before they became Sith and received a tremendous boost in power. They both have pretty decent dueling feats and accolades (Exar's including being considered "virtually unstoppable" with his saberstaff), but the best one is Ulic contending with Sylvar ten years after his physical prime, severed from the Force. Sylvar being good enough to somewhat contend with Exar in sparring, speedblitz massassi with her bare hands, and strike as a blur to Nomi Sunrider. He would have been a far superior combatant as the version of himself who fought Exar, and they both only improved after that point.

I don't think Bane has equivalent hype or feats.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 09:37 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Sirak has the accolade of being the best Trainee at the Korriban academy, and Kas'im knows tons of lightsaber forms.

Ulic is really outmatched here thumb up

Last edited by carthage on Feb 24th, 2015 at 09:41 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 09:37 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by carthage
Lol @ having no offense to challenge Bane, he's the more skilled duelist by virtue of having faced Exar. Unless Bane has some superior showing other than losing and getting beaten by far inferior opponents to Exar, than I don't really have to worry about Ulic losing a duel now do I? He can dodge Bane's lightning/deflect it/or block it with his saber, and none of Bane's force showings with telekinesis are powerful enough to suggest he could dominate Ulic (whose blasted back multiple Jedi at once).

No force offense, obviously. Lol at you dodging the issue and just restating how good Exar is. Nice. He can't dodge it forever if at all and Bane destroyed a massive temple that weathered turbolaser fire, which is a bit of an upgrade to laser cannons. And Bane has also blasted multiple Jedi and Sith back.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 09:44 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ILS
Kas'im was hailed as an unparalleled duelist as a Sith, during a time period where masterful swordsmen were plentiful due to a thousand years of war arising. Then Bane beat him before he became the Sith'ari and received a tremendous boost in power with 20 years of additional training. They both have pretty decent dueling feats and accolades (Kas'im including being considered "unstoppable" with his saberstaff), ok I can't think of a good way to translate the rest into Bane but you get my point but the best one is Ulic contending with Sylvar ten years after his physical prime, severed from the Force. Sylvar being good enough to somewhat contend with Exar in sparring, speedblitz massassi with her bare hands, and strike as a blur to Nomi Sunrider. He would have been a far superior combatant as the version of himself who fought Exar, and they both only improved after that point.

I don't think Bane has equivalent hype or feats.

Bane does have equivalent hype and feats, and I'm pretty sure you know them as well.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 09:48 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

No force offense, obviously. Lol at you dodging the issue and just restating how good Exar is. Nice. He can't dodge it forever if at all and Bane destroyed a massive temple that weathered turbolaser fire, which is a bit of an upgrade to laser cannons. And Bane has also blasted multiple Jedi and Sith back.

Sirak beat no one other than an inexperienced POD Bane, and Kas'im only "beat" his master (off panel), and we have no idea how good he was. So again kindly show me anyone they beat that compares to Null beating multiple Jedi at once, or Ulic cutting his way through nexus amped Krath/droids, killing King Ommin, fighting a Jedi whilst deprived of the force, or fighting evenly with Exar who was described as "unparalleled" . Bane nearly died to Sithspawn,was beaten by Sirak, lost a duel to Fohargh, and only beat Kas'im by gathering nexus energy from the Lehon temple. Also lol @ using his temple feat in spite of that feat being debunked multiple times

Not sure why there has to be a force advantage here, both of them are primarily duelists and have both been shown to prefer to fight it out. Bane uses lightning intermittently, and its of no real consequence for the reasons I mentioned above. Their telekinesis would only be used for shoving each other or something. Even there the power gap isn't large enough between the two to make a difference.

Last edited by carthage on Feb 24th, 2015 at 09:53 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 09:50 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bane does have equivalent hype and feats, and I'm pretty sure you know them as well.
Indeed?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 09:50 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Kas'ims masterful dueling skills consist of sabotaging Bane's training by deliberately holding knowledge of Jar kai, getting driven back twice, and then ultimately dying due to a monologue. He doesn't have any actual accolades to my knowledge comparable to Exar lmao, and of course he has zero feats even coming close to Kun

Its hilarious that you're the second person to even compare them

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 09:59 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ILS
Indeed?

Yeah. You're also missing my point. I'm not shitting on Ulic or Exar, just trying to expose carthage's double standards.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 10:01 AM