KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Barsenthor vs. Cade Skywalker

Barsenthor vs. Cade Skywalker
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Barsenthor vs. Cade Skywalker

Battle takes place on neutral ground

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 05:59 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Cade

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 06:07 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cade wins.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 06:17 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Thor. Just better feats and a better fighter.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 06:51 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Thor. Just better feats and a better fighter.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I'd warrant that it's closer than anybody else that's posted in this thread thinks, but Cade probably wins.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2015 08:00 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it's close, but Cade seems like a better fighter. And his Skywalker potential could factor in, at least based on what I've read of him up to now.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2015 11:59 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Not in the same sense as Anakin, but Cade's the slightly more skilled swordsman in my opinion. The Consular probably wins a couple of rounds though, just to be fair.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2015 12:41 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Cade is the better swordsman, but Thor shouldn't be underestimated. She's clowned/blitzed Sith Lords and Rakatan Wardroids and she's stated to embody true skill even as a padawan, though it wasn't directly tied to sabers so she could just be immensely skilled in general.

In general though, Thor has some of the best TK feats of any Jedi and some of the best victories under her belt. She was able to continually defeat some of the best Jedi Masters in the order a few months after becoming a Jedi, while continually weakening after each fight. She beat Vivicar after she'd had to fight through a capital ship in a highly weakened condition, with Vivicar drawing on the power of hundreds of Jedi Masters to amplify his own. And given that he was already an ancient Sith Lord possessing a powerful Jedi Knight, that's a substantial level of power. And then she defeated the First Son, a Sith of incredible power who was able to shield the presence hundreds of Children all over the galaxy. And she beat him after fighting through a Guardian Hold (the most defensive fortress the Republic could create) and defeating 3 Children in a row, two at the same time.

So I see Thor as the ultimately better fighter. She's done better against worse odds in worse conditions than Cade has. Continually she's defeated powerful opponents with large handicaps and demonstrated incredible talent, power and a deep connection and understanding of the Force.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2015 01:17 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Not really seeing anywhere that Barsen really has an advantage in power tbh.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 07:25 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Right, so you're ignoring everything Neph just said?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 07:59 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

That was all vague, Cade has better if not comparable telekinetic feats. As is usual with TOR characters, they usually have amps but suck as duelists and or are just hyped characters that lack showings.

He's thrown a ship, withstood a massive explosion that destroyed an entire lab, ragdolled Darth Talon who could smash an entire stone floor/rip memories from IK'S, and is capable of Shatterpoint/Dark transfer which Barsen has no response too. The Skill factor is also decidedly in his favor beating Nihl/Talon at once, beating Antares Draco, beating Vong warriors, and briefly holding his own against Darth Krayt put him solidly above Barsen in skill

They're pretty comparable in power, actually but Barsen has no response to shatterpoint or dark transfer and Cade's got better skill feats. He wins in a decent fight

Last edited by carthage on Apr 25th, 2015 at 08:25 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 08:22 AM
Trocity

thumb up

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 08:27 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I admit that Cade's about as powerful as the Consular, but why on earth do people insist on Shatterpoint/Dark Transfer being of use against opponents of similar power level? Cade needs to be substantially more powerful for those powers to actually matter (in an offensive context, at least - Dark Transfer can still be used for healing), not as powerful. Those two powers are utterly useless in this circumstance.

I'm awarding Cade the win based on his superior skill with a blade, but that's still a fairly marginal difference so I doubt he would win more than 6-7/10.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 09:26 AM
Trocity

Where is it stated you need to be substantially more powerful than your opponent for them to be affected by DT?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 09:29 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

It's only happened in that circumstance - people have only been instakilled (or something similar) by Dark Transfer when they were substantially weaker than the user of the power. Ie. Cade and Krayt vs Talon and Cade, respectively.

And it's pretty logical that if you instantly kill somebody, you have to be substantially more powerful, lol.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 09:32 AM
Trocity

Maybe, I saw it more as an ability that once you got hit with it, it was hard to interrupt it. Cade was channeling it into Talon and torturing her, and Krayt had Cade pinned to the ground and was slamming him with it. I get it might be because they were both more powerful than their opponents, but I think it's more similar to being caught off guard - even the more powerful Force user may struggle when caught in a weaker Force user's choke, or being temporarily pinned, etc.

I just don't think it's completely useless is all. It may not be the most efficient technique since it requires hand to body contact, but still.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 09:38 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Both instances you mentioned involved one Force user being markedly superior to the other (Cade > Talon, and Krayt > Cade) which doesn't apply here.

That, and as you said, it requires bodily contact - why would Cade risk his limbs trying to touch the Consular just to try and pull it off? He's never even used Dark Transfer as an actual means of winning the fight, as I recall, only afterwards. Unless this is stated to be morals off, he wouldn't even attempt it.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 09:43 AM
Trocity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SunRazer
Both instances you mentioned involved one Force user being markedly superior to the other (Cade > Talon, and Krayt > Cade) which doesn't apply here.

Yes, I was just explaining the difference in the way I interpreted the technique when reading. I just didn't think that you would need to be far more powerful in order to cut someone, hone in on the wound, and then pour the force into it in malevolent fashion.

You may be right, the technique has just never been fully explained so I don't really understand it. *shrug*

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 09:48 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Well, even if it wasn't "far more powerful" (an instantly-killing technique in of itself implies that this is a pre-requisite), it still requires you to be noticeably more powerful, and there is no noticeable power gap here.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 09:49 AM