KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Barsen'thor vs The Empire's Wrath

Barsen'thor vs The Empire's Wrath
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Barsen'thor vs The Empire's Wrath

Take's place on Raxus Prime.

Both at peak.

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 04:38 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Wrath

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 04:42 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Wrath

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 05:14 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmos Supreme

Barsen'thor

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Kosmos Supreme a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmos Supreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Either way, tbh.

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 10:42 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm undecided myself as well. Thor is greater with the Force surely, but the Wrath is much greater with a saber. Thor has many times prevailed against impossible odds and in a weakened condition but the Wrath has defeated beings of immense power. Can Thor truly overpower and defeat him?

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 10:27 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I doubt the Warrior's "much greater" with a saber. By all means they're more proficient, especially in straight showings, but the Consular's hardly lacking with a blade himself and if anything comparably skilled to the Warrior, and he's fairly capable of chaining Force powers into duels.

That being said, superior skill almost always holds the edge over superior power unless that power gap is massive or is massively abused, so the Warrior gets the slight majority, probably.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 10:30 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

That's true, Thor shouldn't be underestimated but I doubt she's comparable to the Wrath in pure sabers. She can block lightsaber blades with a Force barrier though.

You say that, but that's the case in examples where neither combatant is a dedicated Force user. In Thor's case, her skill translates into her skill with Force powers and in using them in combat. She would massive abuse it, it's how she fights. She's probably more skilled than the Wrath, just in a different manner than in pure lightsaber dueling.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 10:40 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Not necessarily. The Warrior easily holds up to Consular in raw power, so abuse alone is probably insufficient to get a majority, and the Warrior's superior physicals accentuates the skill edge he possesses over the Consular, and the relentlessness of his assaults would likely keep the Consular from abusing the Force anyway. I'm not saying it's not a plausibility, but I find it more likely for the Wrath to be unloading on the Consular with a shower of lightsaber attacks than the Consular spamming Force powers left, right and center.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 10:44 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I disagree, the Barsen'thor has much better showings than the Wrath offensively and defensively and is more skilled and talented than the Wrath. She is a genius after all and said to embody true skill.

Well the Wrath would need to engage her to do that, she has the opportunity to keep him at range or put distance between them. Plus like I said if he starts overwhelming her she can form a force bubble to repel his blade and then push him back like she did against the First Son.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 11:01 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

The Wrath's pretty comparable in raw Force power. He did bust a giant, thick door fairly early on. There was help, but it came from some pretty substandard Jedi.

The instance with the First Son didn't exactly involve the same level of sustained relentlessness as the Warrior's assaults. The First Son was being held back the entire time by Syo Bakarn, and it involved him disarming the Consular first, which would obviously reflect a more desperate scenario. It is certainly possible it could occur here, but in my opinion, if the Consular still has his blade and is engaged in straight combat it's not exactly something he would do.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 11:11 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

That wasn't early, that's near the endgame. And yeah he had help. Thor tanked an explosion that obliterated a larger blast door point blank while in a highly weakened condition. At the end of Act 1. She's also smashed through a massively larger, much thicker blast door pretty easily after performing the Shielding Technique once and on the third planet. And she's smashed through an impenetrable Rakatan vault door on Belsavis.

Maybe, but the Consular was also caught off-guard. As you pointed out, the Consular is a master of "reading an opponents movements and countering with startling feats of telekinesis." I can see her unleashing a burst of TK to pause the Wrath's attack enough to bubble or something. Or just skipping the bubble and using TK mid-duel and gaining the upper-hand. But I don't think Thor would continue to duel someone clearly superior to her instead of switching to using the Force.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 11:28 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

1. I'm aware of the Consular's telekinetic feats, and the Consular is more powerful than the Warrior.

2. Where did I point that out, lol? I don't recall ever mentioning it in this thread. It is worth mentioning, though, true.

And they're all possibilities, I'm just thinking that in the heat of a duel, it's not exactly an easy thing to counter with the Force.

It is amazing that the holonet entry on the Consular claims he can destroy a whole army of assassin droids with telekinesis, though.

Last edited by SunRazer on May 3rd, 2015 at 11:34 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 11:32 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

1. Ok cool.

2. You pointed out "he's fairly capable of chaining Force powers into duels." Kind of weird how we went from you defending one side and me the other to the other way around, lol.

Thats fair I guess.

I hadn't even read that part until you mentioned it, awesome. thumb up

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 11:55 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Well, I see potential for both sides, so I'm bouncing around. Still would probably give the slightest of edges to the Warrior, but it's understandable if somebody reckons that the Consular wins.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 11:57 AM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I think Wrath is powerful enough to defend against Barsen'thor's force offense. He should take this in a good fight due to superiority in close ranged combat.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 12:27 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote