KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Battle of the Hands

Battle of the Hands
Started by: Darth Demenos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Demenos

Battle of the Hands

Mara Jade vs Darth Talon vs Lumiya

all at their peaks
everything but blasters go

Old Post May 19th, 2015 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Darth Demenos a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Demenos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Lumiya

Old Post May 19th, 2015 09:31 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Mara, assuming she's at her peak.

If not, I'm pretty sure she was inferior to Lumiya in her days as Palpatine's hand.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 09:31 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Demenos

personally im rooting for mara but i would not discard talon easily bc out of "thousands" of sith, she was hand picked to be krayt's leading hand or only hand.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 09:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth Demenos a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Demenos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I'm not aware of her feats in the comics but in the novels like Allegiance she has no feats even remotely comparable to beating Luke

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 19th, 2015 09:41 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Mara, assuming she's at her peak.

If not, I'm pretty sure she was inferior to Lumiya in her days as Palpatine's hand.

thumb up

Old Post May 19th, 2015 09:42 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Mara or Talon depending on the incarnation. Lumiya is only about equal to a standard Jedi Council member, in fact she's probably inferior.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 09:46 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Demenos

are talking about mara or talon ?

although i admit that I am not very knowledgeable about lumiya, but as far as i know the only reason she beat luke was bc he was unfamiliar with how to fight a lightwhip, along with everyone else. but again i am not 100% on this.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 09:47 PM
Kosmos Supreme

Lumiya did better against Luke than Talon did against Cade

Old Post May 20th, 2015 12:23 AM
Click here to Send Kosmos Supreme a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmos Supreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Here is a direct statement from Mara about when she fought Lumiya. Its pretty vague but her ya go.

That's where I was when a female cyborg found me. She wanted to bring me back to Isard. I didn't want to go. So I didn't. Cyborg got my lightsaber but not me. Better luck next time. - the essential guide to the Force

Old Post May 20th, 2015 12:47 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

Mara Jade Skywalker (at age 57) has this. Even if she has to fight directly instead of going assassin mode, she can still do this.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 04:08 AM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kosmos Supreme
Lumiya did better against Luke than Talon did against Cade

Lumiya got her ass kicked by Nelani and Lobi.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 09:41 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Lumiya stomped Nelani in the physical clash. Telekinesis is a different story - they were about equally matched, but Lumiya was constantly talking to Jacen rather than focusing on Nelani and ended up being disarmed as a result.

And Mara probably wins. Her blaster didn't do much in her confrontation against Lumiya and I doubt it would do anything against Talon.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 09:59 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Hardly a stomp, she tagged Nelani a few times for some minor damage but ultimately Nelani was stronger than her in the Force and beat her. I'm pretty sure Mara and Talon are stronger than Random Jedi 432.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 10:03 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

The text makes it clear Nelani was outmatched physically.

Lumiya lost Force power as a result of her cybernetics, but her mastery was sufficient to know a myriad of techniques and her Concealment was enough to hide her alignment from Jacen as per his own admission. As I said, she doesn't hold up to these characters Force-wise (in a combative sense), but her lightwhip's unorthodoxy makes up for that in some ways.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 10:08 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

So Lumiya is better than a standard Jedi Knight. Good for her. And then Lobi beat her up.

Yet she still lost to Nelani and Lobi. She just isn't that strong. Unorthodoxy can't carry her that far.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 10:28 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Good for Tresina - that makes her good, not Lumiya bad.

She also held her own against Luke in the same novel she fought Tresina. We all know consistency is not LotF's most prized possession.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 10:33 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Not better than Mara and Talon though.

He methodically advanced on her and murdered her. He could have easily killed her if he'd wanted to do it faster imo.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 11:08 AM