KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Krayt and Yoda vs Palpatine and Dooku

Darth Krayt and Yoda vs Palpatine and Dooku
Started by: Raptor22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raptor22

Darth Krayt and Yoda vs Palpatine and Dooku

Peak versions of all

Force

Sabers

All out

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 09:01 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Krayt and Yoda take Force and all out unless there is some kind of teamwork f*ck up, Sidious and Dooku take sabers.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 09:08 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
Krayt and Yoda take Force and all out unless there is some kind of teamwork f*ck up, Sidious and Dooku take sabers.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 09:13 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Team 1 in all. Yoda beat Sidious in sabers as I recall and Krayt can certainly put up a considerable effort against Dooku or possibly win. They also win in Force.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Nephthys
Team 1 in all.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 09:51 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Im a little surprised, i figured most would give the force edge to sidious team and the saber edge to team 1. Out of curiosity r u guys considering peak sidious DE, or a different version?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 09:52 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I always assume RotS for some reason. DE is a different story, yeah.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 10:02 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

If this is DE Sidious he beats Yoda with medium difficulty. Dooku beats Krayt as well.

Team 2

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 10:13 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

Dooku doesn't beat Krayt and Yoda can still outduel DE Sidious but yeah, in the Force round, Sidious probably wins it for them.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 10:15 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Trocity
Dooku doesn't beat Krayt and Yoda can still outduel DE Sidious but yeah, in the Force round, Sidious probably wins it for them.

Perhaps, but Sheev is more powerful than his little green friend.

Didn't catch your last-second edit, my baddddddd

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 10:16 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Proof he can outduel Sidious?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 10:16 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

Doesn't Yoda disarm him off screen or in a certain portrayal of the fight?

DE Sidious isn't better than ROTS in sabers, if anything he's equal to or not quite as good via being out of practice.

Though I guess his physicals would be improved since he's significantly more powerful. He's hard to gauge, he only duels Luke and beats him once then loses once.

I don't f***ing know, ****.

Last edited by Trocity on Jun 30th, 2015 at 10:23 PM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 10:19 PM
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Dooku IMO actually does beat Krayt in both the force and sabers. DE Sidious while doesn't demolish yoda beats him with medium difficulty. DE Sidious is much much more powerful than ROTS Sidious. His force powers are more powerful, he is much younger than his ROTs self, and much more knowledgable in the force. So in sabers and on even playing field Sidious in his DE incarnation no doubts beat Yoda in every way.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 10:51 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Doesn't Yoda disarm him off screen or in a certain portrayal of the fight?

DE Sidious isn't better than ROTS in sabers, if anything he's equal to or not quite as good via being out of practice.

Though I guess his physicals would be improved since he's significantly more powerful. He's hard to gauge, he only duels Luke and beats him once then loses once.

I don't f***ing know, ****.

The script doesn't say disarm it says he pressured him to where he drops his lightsaber. However look at the location of the battle. This is a location that favors yoda and hurts Sidious. He doesn't have the space to manuver around like he normally does, while yoda can flip around as much as he wants. Even with that Sidious was still able to match yoda blow for blow.

What makes you say that? DE Sidious by that time is better than his ROTS self by a large margin. He's also younger and has greater power in the force. Also it's like riding a bike. While you are out of practice, the routine/technique never leaves you. Also yoda had been out of practice for a while yet he was able to fight Dooku and win.

Isn't he also younger and in a brand new body. He beat Luke who is young and very powerful by this point. Also having the capability to use force storms, shows his physical augmentation can make up for anything.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 10:56 PM
Trocity

The Yoda vs Sidious thing is whatever to me, I'll concede Sidious could take sabers and he certainly takes force and all out, but how do you figure Dooku is better than Krayt in every way?

Did you happen to read Apocalypse? Did you read the Abeloth fight, and read how powerful Luke felt Krayt was?

Dooku didn't blitz the two nightsisters accompanying Ventress while he was drugged. In fact, he got hit into a wall or terminal or something and I'm pretty sure he had to use lightning to dispatch them. Krayt blitzes 4 master level combatants with ease while riddled with parasites. Somewhat trivial, I know, but I've noticed you underrate Krayt quite a bit.

Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Also having the capability to use force storms, shows his physical augmentation can make up for anything.

Clearly it doesn't since he lost to Luke later in the comic.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 10:59 PM
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

The Yoda vs Sidious thing is whatever to me, I'll concede Sidious could take sabers and he certainly takes force and all out, but how do you figure Dooku is better than Krayt in every way?

Did you happen to read Apocalypse? Did you read the Abeloth fight, and read how powerful Luke felt Krayt was?

Dooku didn't blitz the two nightsisters accompanying Ventress while he was drugged. In fact, he got hit into a wall or terminal or something and I'm pretty sure he had to use lightning to dispatch them. Krayt blitzes 4 master level combatants with ease while riddled with parasites. Somewhat trivial, I know, but I've noticed you underrate Krayt quite a bit.

Clearly it doesn't since he lost to Luke later in the comic.

Ok let's get one thing clear. I don't believe Dooku outshines Krayt in every way. I believe he beats him with difficulty.
I
I have read about the battle with Abeloth. However Luke was helping Krayt as well and Lrayt himself admits he can't defeat Abeloth by himself. Also if I recall correctly didn't he have some type of amp or something. I maybe wrong.

Keywords while he was drugged. He did however fend them off and still quite frankly showed they were no match as he pushed them back throughout the duel. Also when Ventress forced pushed him, I believe that was part of a grand scheme of his. Why would he just charge in when all three are just right on top of him. Either way when he chucks them out of the window he is smiling showing that his plan worked and he didn't show any sign after that of being tired. Also he was drugged and noticed how easily he dispatched Ventress, when she had two blades. He's defeated other worthy swordsman such as sora bulq, Tholme, Quin Lin vos, Anakin Skywalker, Obi wan kenobi, General Grevious, he defeated mace windu when he was still a Jedi master, defeated several nightbrothers at once, was commented on by Sidious to be the more refined duelist of the two, is remarked as one of the most powerful force wielders of all time, caused Darth maul pain with his force lightning, killed and incapacitated with it, caused yoda to have difficulty with absorbing/deflecting his lightning, being regarded by the author of Darth Maul son of Dathomkr as his powers being above mauls, easily getting past the force shields of opposing force wielders, having a strong force sheild, keeping a Krayt dragon as a pet. His powers are not as small as you think and he's defiantly more capable than you think. After firther research and study, I have concluded Krayt is more powerful than I originally thought but he isn't more powerful than Dooku. He's below Dooku but not by a huge margin. You greatly overestimate Krayt.

Didn't he beat Luke to? Also he barely beat Sidious in their last fight.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 01:55 AM
Angelalex242

If Sidious is DE, Team 2.

Any other version, Team 1.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 02:48 AM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

DE Sidious is his prime, so he beats Yoda, but if Krayt beats Tyranus before that happens (which is possible), then Sidious loses round 1. Alternatively, he could just Wormhole his opponents, though.

Round 2 - Sidious and Yoda should be rough equals, Tyranus is Krayt's better. Yoda could potentially beat Sidious according to the old RotS script, but it's probably just him fortuitously winning (I see them each taking 5/10, and the way I interpret it, that instance was just one of the 5 rounds where Yoda would win).

Sidious could also defeat Krayt while Tyranus holds off Yoda, which is another way for team 2 to win the sabers round.

Round 3 - Hmm.... either way, but I'll probably give the edge to team 2, though.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 03:18 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

The location was against Sidious in ROTS.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 04:16 AM
Trocity

Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Ok let's get one thing clear. I don't believe Dooku outshines Krayt in every way. I believe he beats him with difficulty.
I
I have read about the battle with Abeloth. However Luke was helping Krayt as well and Lrayt himself admits he can't defeat Abeloth by himself. Also if I recall correctly didn't he have some type of amp or something. I maybe wrong.

Keywords while he was drugged. He did however fend them off and still quite frankly showed they were no match as he pushed them back throughout the duel. Also when Ventress forced pushed him, I believe that was part of a grand scheme of his. Why would he just charge in when all three are just right on top of him. Either way when he chucks them out of the window he is smiling showing that his plan worked and he didn't show any sign after that of being tired. Also he was drugged and noticed how easily he dispatched Ventress, when she had two blades. He's defeated other worthy swordsman such as sora bulq, Tholme, Quin Lin vos, Anakin Skywalker, Obi wan kenobi, General Grevious, he defeated mace windu when he was still a Jedi master, defeated several nightbrothers at once, was commented on by Sidious to be the more refined duelist of the two, is remarked as one of the most powerful force wielders of all time, caused Darth maul pain with his force lightning, killed and incapacitated with it, caused yoda to have difficulty with absorbing/deflecting his lightning, being regarded by the author of Darth Maul son of Dathomkr as his powers being above mauls, easily getting past the force shields of opposing force wielders, having a strong force sheild, keeping a Krayt dragon as a pet. His powers are not as small as you think and he's defiantly more capable than you think. After firther research and study, I have concluded Krayt is more powerful than I originally thought but he isn't more powerful than Dooku. He's below Dooku but not by a huge margin. You greatly overestimate Krayt.

Didn't he beat Luke to? Also he barely beat Sidious in their last fight.

Fair enough if you think I overrate Krayt, but I don't underrate Dooku. I'm well aware of how powerful/skilled he is.

Luke was helping him in the fight but it doesn't diminish what he did nor how he was portrayed. I don't recall him being amped, though I haven't read Apocalypse in a while. I'll probably find the PDF and post again if he was amped but I don't recall it.

Dooku does boast some of the most impressive feats in the mythos, I'm not trying to diminish him in anyway, I just think Krayt's better. Dooku certainly has the advantage of more exposure so he has quite a bit more feats behind him. But Krayt gave Obi-Wan a good fight much, much before his prime, has slaughtered a ship full of Vong solely with lightning before his prime, ragdolled his hands with a gesture, kicked Cade's ass twice who can at the very least give combatants like Anakin and Maul a great fight, as well as Wyyrlok, and was able to touch every dark sider in the galaxy through the Force when he was reborn, on top of what he did in Apocalypse. He just seems all around more powerful than Dooku, you know?

I don't think Dooku would get stomped by Krayt at all, I think it's a good fight. I understand if you disagree, Dooku is great, I just think Krayt is better in pretty much every area to some degree.

Last edited by Trocity on Jul 1st, 2015 at 04:29 AM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 04:27 AM