KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Dooku vs a Darth Nox

Dooku vs a Darth Nox
Started by: EmperorSidious2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Dooku vs a Darth Nox

Sabers

Force

All out

Neutral ground

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 11:30 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Dooku in all but the force

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 11:39 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 11:44 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tondemonai

XD

Honestly kinda close for round 1, but absolute curbstomp for other two.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 01:59 AM
Click here to Send Tondemonai a Private Message Find more posts by Tondemonai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

How is Nox stomping Dooku?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 08:21 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vixas

How is Nox stomping Dooku?

Well Nox's advantage on the Force over Dooku is arguably pretty size-able. Though this falls under where one would assume Dooku is in comparison to Thanaton in force-only comparison. Both were capable of Force-flight and effective lightning, etc. In truth unlike with most characters, I do not believe I have seen anyone over-estimate Darth Thanaton unless he is being compared to Baras. Both of those characters being low-balled frequently often due to personal dislike. (I.E. Thanaton being the antagonist of the SI story-line and misconstrued use of Ravage bad-mouthing him to discredit his power, and Baras for being.... well... there is an entire thread on SWTOR on Baras fat jokes...)

In any case, while I feel Dooku takes sabers handily, Nox's Force supremacy does what characters/people who focus on that intend for it to do, make the sabers a non-plus. (While there is also an argument to be had as to whether or not Dooku's lightning is more potent than Nox's... I daresay Nox's. The margin of superiority here however,if one believes it exists, is anyone's guess/opinion). My main-staying point for this being Nox's... well... utter domination, dismantling, and suppression of Thanaton's Force defenses. We've seen countless of examples of brief pushes or exertions of power staggering or even pushing much more powerful individuals when they are surprised or unprepared. (I would direct anyone to Star Wars Rebels where Ezra and Kanaan manage to push Vader. Who, seconds later, demonstrates an impressive TK feat by lifting the AT-ST off of him with only what appears aggravated effort. Obviously were Vader not distracted he could have easily stopped their combined push.) That being said, rarely do we see a force user so utterly out-strip another as to actively suppress and continuously over-come another's defenses to completely force them into submission.

Do I believe Nox could do this to Dooku? Not necessarily, no. Do I believe Dooku's own lightning would be overcome by Nox's in a clash ALA Sidious and Talzin? Marginally. Do I believe that should Dooku begin with his saber he could slay Nox? A small chance, yes. I am hesitant to believe he could stop Dooku as he did Thanaton, but something more akin to when he flings Thanaton back on a slightly lesser scale. (Ignoring game mechanics here, where every Sith Acolyte of the Warrior archetype can use a Force Choke stun on you, realistically for someone of Nox/Dooku's caliber, those attempts would be laughable.). Also as shown Nox has rather substantial TK, as does Dooku. Though Nox has not shown the refinement necessary for the flight ability, I doubt any of us could argue effectively that they lack the raw power.

Make no mistake, I give credit where credit is due and Dooku is an effective wielder of the force. However here he is outstripped by raw talent and as it is NOX, quite a bit of amp-ing potential.

All-in-All I would give it to Nox in a majority. Though a cramped, confusing landscape would honestly shift things in Dooku's favor in my opinion. Obviously giving him the necessary terrain to get in close, something I don't doubt this analytical mind would make fairly easy.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 09:32 AM
Click here to Send Vixas a Private Message Find more posts by Vixas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Nox

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 10:25 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

I did a massive comparison of these two for a thread on the SWTOR boards tbh.

TL;DR was that Dooku's a far greater swordsman, Nox is stronger in the force and could overpower him in a force duel. However in an all out fight, she can't do it fast enough to stop Dooku decapitating her.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 01:36 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

thumb up

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 01:51 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Selenial
However in an all out fight, she can't do it fast enough to stop Dooku decapitating her.

Fanon nonsense. Have Dooku beaten an opponent who have hype of insurmountable power in encyclopedic medium?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 03:32 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'd say Nox is as far below Dooku as a swordsman as Dooku is below Nox in the Force.

Vixas, Dooku's lightning is pretty irrelevant imo. Nox was swatting Thanaton's lightning aside with the back of her hand. His full lightning storm did nothing to her. Thanaton's lightning is arguably better than Dooku's. Which indicates to me how far above Dooku's Nox's lightning would be, because surely it is vastly greater than Thanaton's. She'd thoroughly overpower him in a lightning battle.

Last edited by Nephthys on Aug 15th, 2015 at 03:46 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 03:43 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Nephthys
I'd say Nox is as far below Dooku as a swordsman as Dooku is below Nox in the Force.

Vixas, Dooku's lightning is pretty irrelevant imo. Nox was swatting Thanaton's lightning aside with the back of her hand. His full lightning storm did nothing to her. Thanaton's lightning is arguably better than Dooku's. Which indicates to me how far above Dooku's Nox's lightning would be, because surely it is vastly greater than Thanaton's. She'd thoroughly overpower him in a lightning battle.

That's some pretty incredibly flawed logic right there thumb up

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 03:47 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

As I've stated in other threads, Nox is an incredibly gifted swordsman. People always wank the shit out of Ulic holding off Sylvar when talking about him whereas Nox actually beat a Sith Lord in a duel with barely a sliver of force power. With her full power she'd be a far more potent fighter and with her ghost amps she'd be even more potent, on top of the added experience of like 3 extra years of training and fighting (she beat Fatso with only a few months of training). And she has her force abilities to fall back upon as Vixas pointed out, as when she stopped Thanaton's saber with the Force.

Thanaton's lightning has been established in previous threads. Our old buddy Legend did quite the championing for the guy. He's very comparable to Dooku and we saw how that went. And I'd say it's perfectly logical to assume Nox's lightning abilities are similar or greater than her deflection capabilities considering it's her favored Force Power. And I see nothing wrong with pointing out that even if by some miracle Dooku manages to overpower Nox in lightning it would do jack shit to her as Thanaton's did. Not seeing the flaw in that point.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 04:01 PM
McP

Dooku in all 3. Most of TOR characters are exaggerated.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 07:57 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Yes. There is no possible way that a PT character can be exaggerated, though. Dooku did shock a few zabraks and lifted some Obelisks. He's probably unmatched by anyone in TOR.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 09:11 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

thumb up

The North Remembers

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 10:32 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Dooku takes it.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 10:52 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Fanon nonsense. Have Dooku beaten an opponent who have hype of insurmountable power in encyclopedic medium?

Yes. The Chosen One.

The North Remembers

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Yes. The Chosen One.

And was consider as Mace's equal/superior.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2015 06:55 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Dooku loses Force for sure, takes sabers for sure, and I'm not sure who wins all-out. Probably Dooku.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 07:38 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote