KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Joruus C'baoth vs Exar Kun (Force Only)

Joruus C'baoth vs Exar Kun (Force Only)
Started by: Deronn_solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Joruus C'baoth vs Exar Kun (Force Only)

Battle takes place aboard the Deathstar. Both are at their prime; standard morals and such apply.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2015 06:11 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

C'Baoth.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2015 06:13 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

smile smile smile smile

This pleases me. smile

Old Post Oct 1st, 2015 06:14 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Unless Joruus is taking over Kun's mind, which I seriously doubt, he's going to die against Sith Sorcery/Force Blasts.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2015 06:26 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

What is Kun going to do with his Sith Sorcery, excatly? Force Bast could be a problem, but so should C'baoth's Lightning and greater telekentic power.

As for whether Joruus telepathy can net him a win by total mental domination - probably not, but it can certainly have negatives efgects on Kun.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2015 06:35 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Exar Kun

Old Post Oct 1st, 2015 06:40 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Y, do?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2015 06:42 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
What is Kun going to do with his Sith Sorcery, excatly? Force Bast could be a problem, but so should C'baoth's Lightning and greater telekentic power.

As for whether Joruus telepathy can net him a win by total mental domination - probably not, but it can certainly have negatives efgects on Kun.

Well, for one, Kun can Heal himself/Shield himself to protect against Lightning, and he could conjure various other powers we've seen from Sorcery like Dark Side Webs. Kun's knowledge of Sith Sorcery is still largely unexplored in practicality, but we know that having inherited Naga Sadow's knowledge from Freedon Nadd, he knows all the powers shown in TotJ and more. There's bound to be things he can use against C'baoth.

I'm pretty sure Kun isn't inept in TK, which means it'd just be reflective of his raw power. In other words, we haven't seen much from Kun in TK, but he's also done his feats pretty effortlessly, so I really don't see any reason as to why C'baoth's TK would be better. And if I recall correctly, Kun casually killed Odan-Urr with internal TK, which is probably better than anything C'baoth has shown with TK.

The difference is, Lightning isn't going to be a instant win, whereas I'm doubtful as to whether C'baoth stands a chance after being hit by a single Force Blast. There's also the fact that Kun can defend or heal himself against Lightning, whereas I doubt C'baoth has any way to stop a Force Blast.

Regarding TP, Kun's Sorcery could invoke mental effects of their own which I'm convinced could affect C'baoth, not because of his mental resistance, but just because of his angry, maddening mental state, which is likely to leave him prone to such powers.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2015 06:43 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

KEK.
You're making a lot of assumption there, Nova. I made the thread, so I will wait to see if others with try to tackle your post...if not, I'll do it for the sake of doing it.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2015 06:57 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

KEK.
You're making a lot of assumption there, Nova. I made the thread, so I will wait to see if others with try to tackle your post...if not, I'll do it for the sake of doing it.

Reasonable assumptions smile

I knew you couldn't resist it, though.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2015 06:59 AM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Amulets for Kun?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2015 02:05 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Yep, KEK.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2015 03:36 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Yeah, Kun wins.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2015 01:15 AM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by SunRazer
Well, for one, Kun can Heal himself/Shield himself to protect against Lightning

What has Kun done to suggest he can deflect Lightning from someone as powerful as Joruus? As far as heal goes, mind showing me some of Exar's feats involving it?

and he could conjure various other powers we've seen from Sorcery like Dark Side Webs. Kun's knowledge of Sith Sorcery is still largely unexplored in practicality, but we know that having inherited Naga Sadow's knowledge from Freedon Nadd, he knows all the powers shown in TotJ and more. There's bound to be things he can use against C'baoth.[/B]

Speculation aside, which of those Sith Sorcery techniques can actually crack C'baoth's chin for a win? Because I seriously doubt Odojinya is going to do it for him.

I'm pretty sure Kun isn't inept in TK, which means it'd just be reflective of his raw power.

Never said he was inept in terms of TK. Just that C'baoth is better - which, his feats clearly show.

In other words, we haven't seen much from Kun in TK, but he's also done his feats pretty effortlessly, so I really don't see any reason as to why C'baoth's TK would be better. And if I recall correctly, Kun casually killed Odan-Urr with internal TK, which is probably better than anything C'baoth has shown with TK.[/B]

Yeah, killing an ancient Jedi librarian isn't as impressive as you're selling it. Not to mention, he got TK shoved by the same Jedi Master the moment before he killed him with Force Wound.

Above this though, C'baoth knocking a Skipray out of the sky via hurling rocks at missile like speed, while telepathically eliciting and aura of fatigue and drowsiness that affected the likes of Luke Skywalker who's telepathic feats include: projecting his astral self, mentally dominating others, sending out mind crippling mental Force blast; resisting Cronals and Ssi-Ruuk brain-washing/Life essence transference, using his telepathy across hyperspace, mind scanning 30 people simultaneously, dropping Vader to his knees with a telepathic blast, resisted the effect of the Gun of Command (something that even Leia couldn't do - and she has forcefully kept power-house telpaths Vader out of her mind), to me strike me as far more impressive. More to the point, all of this, was done before he gained a noticeable amount of power in the Force, during the Last Command. So yeah, with that in mind - I do think Joruus is sporting the TK advantage - and it can come in play here.

The difference is, Lightning isn't going to be a instant win

Yeah, I can agree there.

whereas I'm doubtful as to whether C'baoth stands a chance after being hit by a single Force Blast. There's also the fact that Kun can defend or heal himself against Lightning, whereas I doubt C'baoth has any way to stop a Force Blast.[/B]

I'll have to get back to this latter when i can get my hands on the Thrawn trilogy, because I seem to recall C'baoth have some impressive deflection feats of his own.

Originally posted by SunRazer Regarding TP, Kun's Sorcery could invoke mental effects of their own which I'm convinced could affect C'baoth, not because of his mental resistance, but just because of his angry, maddening mental state, which is likely to leave him prone to such powers. [/B]

Interesting train of thought, but personally, I'm still not convinced. Mind explaining in a bit more detail.

Just picking your brain here, since I ain't trying to argue in my own shit, LAWL.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2015 12:36 AM
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jorus smile smile smile

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Oct 6th, 2015 12:37 AM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by JKBart
Jorus smile smile smile

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 6th, 2015 12:55 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

What has Kun done to suggest he can deflect Lightning from someone as powerful as Joruus? As far as heal goes, mind showing me some of Exar's feats involving it?

Well he has an indestructible amulet that does exactly that. He shrugged off Odan-Urr's Sever Force attack. He easily deflected Aleema Keto's Dark energy attack. He also casually barrier'd starfighter blasts.

Speculation aside, which of those Sith Sorcery techniques can actually crack C'baoth's chin for a win? Because I seriously doubt Odojinya is going to do it for him.

He can Force Blast him, send him into a coma with dark side vipers, summon illusions so powerful that even if an opponent knows they are fake they are still effective.

Never said he was inept in terms of TK. Just that C'baoth is better - which, his feats clearly show.

Pretty sure Streen's whirlwind which looked more like a full on tornado is more impressive.

Yeah, killing an ancient Jedi librarian isn't as impressive as you're selling it. Not to mention, he got TK shoved by the same Jedi Master the moment before he killed him with Force Wound.

Wrong, Odan-Urr attacked him with his strongest ability, Sever Force. Exar Kun waved the attack off and killed him.

Above this though, C'baoth knocking a Skipray out of the sky via hurling rocks at missile like speed, while telepathically eliciting and aura of fatigue and drowsiness that affected the likes of Luke Skywalker who's telepathic feats include: projecting his astral self, mentally dominating others, sending out mind crippling mental Force blast; resisting Cronals and Ssi-Ruuk brain-washing/Life essence transference, using his telepathy across hyperspace, mind scanning 30 people simultaneously, dropping Vader to his knees with a telepathic blast, resisted the effect of the Gun of Command (something that even Leia couldn't do - and she has forcefully kept power-house telpaths Vader out of her mind), to me strike me as far more impressive. More to the point, all of this, was done before he gained a noticeable amount of power in the Force, during the Last Command. So yeah, with that in mind - I do think Joruus is sporting the TK advantage - and it can come in play here.[/B]

Exar Kun rendered Luke Skywalker comatose through Kyp Durron. Whom at the time Kun had amplified to Vader tier. Despite Exar Kun only having some of his power through him. Not a single technique Luke had learned could save him.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2015 01:22 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote