KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Grievous & Ventress vs. Ti, Unduli & Secura

Grievous & Ventress vs. Ti, Unduli & Secura
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Grievous & Ventress vs. Ti, Unduli & Secura

Grievous as of Revenge of the Sith, Ventress as of The Clone Wars.

Shaak Ti as of The Force Unleashed, Luminara as of Revenge of the Sith, and Aayla Secura as of Revenge of the Sith.

Can these esteemed Masters take down the disciples of Dooku, or will they join the list of Jedi slaughtered by the duo? Battle takes place in Kino Der Toten.

Bonus round: Losing team gets Legends Quinlan Vos.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 07:15 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

Well, ROTS Grievous is much more similar as a fighter to TCW Grievous then legends!Grievous. There should be a split between him and Ti, or some small advantage for Ti.
Ventress, as I remember, already lost to Secura and Unduli.

Jedi should take this.

Bonus:
Legends Vos is superior to Secura, and Jedi lost their numbers advantage. Luminara should be able to hold her own against either Grievous or Ventress, but she wont be able to beat any of them.
Even if Ti will be able to beat Grievous or Ventress, I doubt that she will do that before Vos will finish Secura.
Dooku's disciples takes bonus round. And Jedi will kill one of them at best.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 09:26 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Grievous as depicted in the movie or novel?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 09:41 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

Is that that important? Even novel Grievous was stomped by Kenobi, who was on the other hand beaten by exhasuted Dooku's simple kick. Even in the novel, Grievous isn't great.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 09:46 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

quote: (post)
Originally posted by McP
Is that that important? Even novel Grievous was stomped by Kenobi, who was on the other hand beaten by exhasuted Dooku's simple kick. Even in the novel, Grievous isn't great.
I wouldn't say he was stomped. A stomp is when a fight lasts for mere seconds and is one sided. Grievous actually managed to overload Kenobi's defensives. Dooku Force choked Kenobi and then threw him into a railing, then collapsed the walkway on top of him.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 09:52 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by McP

In the novel, Grievous is basically far faster than Dooku, so yeah.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 09:54 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Probably team 1 seeing as no one of the other Jedi have shown anything suggesting they could destroy Grievous in the force. Ventress can kill Ti

R2: Probably team 2 due to superior numbers

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 10:00 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Leaning team two atm in round one. Whatever team wins round one loses round two.

TFU Ti I could potentially see beating Grievous with her force abilities, but I'm unsure how Unduli and Secura vs Ventress would go. Secura's hard for me to place from getting kicked in the face by Maul to losing to Vos to actually performing well against Aurra Sing so I'm not entirely sure how good I'd say she is, and apparently Luminara's great with teamwork. If this fight stays a 3v2 instead of splitting off into a 1v1 and a 1v2, I could also see Luminara and Shaak Ti's fighting styles meshing well.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 10:59 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Are the stories from the Clone Wars Adventures Wii game canon?

If so, we already know that a Ventress with prep can't beat a weakened and tired Luminara/Aayla tag team...

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 11:03 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

To be fair, that wasn't Ventress in her prime - she gets more experienced and powerful later in the Clone Wars. But I'm pretty sure that fight is canon. I don't remember Luminara and Aayla being tired or anything, though...

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 11:40 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Jedii wins.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 10:30 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Grievous as depicted in the movie or novel?
What do you think each team's chances would be with the different versions of Grievous?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 02:49 PM
McP

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
In the novel, Grievous is basically far faster than Dooku, so yeah.

Nope, he wasn't. His pathetic spinning technique enable him to provide much more blows per second then any other duelist. But that's all. Kenobi was fast enough to block and even evade his blows. And Dooku was even faster then Kenobi.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 05:12 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

BuMp

Old Post Oct 17th, 2015 11:53 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Secura's hard for me to place from getting kicked in the face by Maul to losing to Vos to actually performing well against Aurra Sing so I'm not entirely sure how good I'd say she is
Maul and Vos are just on a different level from Aurra, methinks.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2015 08:30 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'd disagree with legends Vos

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 18th, 2015 02:29 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

He held on against Sora for several minutes while struggling mentally, and before reaching his peak over the course of two years of rehabilitation (it was explicitly noted Vos' connection to the Force grew). Aurra doesn't have much to compare that I know of or have actually been presented with.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2015 07:42 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Secura's hard for me to place from getting kicked in the face by Maul to losing to Vos to actually performing well against Aurra Sing so I'm not entirely sure how good I'd say she is.

Well Maul would give hell even to Jedi High Council members, also getting kicked doesn't mean he won. If that was the case then Kenobi won against Maul twice on Florrum. Overall that duel was to short to draw any conclusion from it (not that I think Aayla would beat Maul).
As for Vos, when they engaged during the Clone Wars Aayla didn't want to fight him. On the other hand when she was still a padawan, as well as being minde wiped she fought evenly with Vos.

Overall she has some pretty good accolades, her CV respect thread had been updated recently, you should check it out.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2015 08:30 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol, Zoltan, you've rightly pointed out that Aayla didn't want to fight Vos in their second fight but have forgotten to note that in their first the roles were reversed: Aayla was bloodlusted, Vos was fighting only defensively because he didn't want to kill his padawan.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2015 08:32 PM
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by ILS
Lol, Zoltan, you've rightly pointed out that Aayla didn't want to fight Vos in their second fight but have forgotten to note that in their first the roles were reversed: Aayla was bloodlusted, Vos was fighting only defensively because he didn't want to kill his padawan.

That's true, but she was still a mind wiped padawan. Vos could've ragdolled her or something if he were able.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2015 08:47 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote