KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTJ Luke Skywalker vs. TCW Kenobi

ROTJ Luke Skywalker vs. TCW Kenobi
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Tongue ROTJ Luke Skywalker vs. TCW Kenobi

Season 5 Kenobi vs Composite Luke with Legends/Canon feats

Force sabers allout

Duel takes place in the Senate chambers

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2015 01:16 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Luke across the board.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 01:15 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kenobi in a tough battle

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 02:02 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
Kenobi in a tough battle

Y? I would say Luke is the slightly better duelists due to his insane intrinsic aptitude, and sports the superior Force showings. This is all debatable though, and Kenobi vs RotJ Luke is one of my favorite all-time Star Wars discussions.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 04:13 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

Kenobi

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 10:34 AM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Y? I would say Luke is the slightly better duelists due to his insane intrinsic aptitude, and sports the superior Force showings. This is all debatable though, and Kenobi vs RotJ Luke is one of my favorite all-time Star Wars discussions.

Luke lacks experience.

(please log in to view the image)

I know, right? Nobody ever brought that up stick out tongue

Seriously though, Luke only dueled Vader. He even went that far as mirrored Vader's style.

Luke is a great duelist, and has raw power, but he's unrefined.

On the other hand Kenobi might just be one of the most experienced Jedi before the NJO. He's one of the smartest, most cunning and tenacious Jedi (the most, in Windu's opinion). He has a ton of tricks (like electronic manipulation, Luke is missing one real hand afterall). He has great stamina and endurance as well. His Sokan is very likely superior as well (inb4 high ground). And has great Force showings in his own right.

In short Kenobi is better equiped. Good as Luke may be, I don't think he can break through Kenobi's Soresu. Or at least not before a marathon fight. And a marathon fight will give ample opportunities for Kenobi to exploit something.
While Luke would batter through with raw power, Kenobi would use finesse. And I think Kenobi has better defense for raw power, than Luke has for finesse.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 10:35 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Ah, the old "experience" argument. I made a post on CV saying while experience is kinda overblown in Star Wars, so I'll fetch that then form a rebuttal for the rest of your post. ^-^

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 07:31 PM
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

I'd say Kenobi. Their about on par physically although Kenobi may receive the edge due to his durability. I'd say Kenobi gets the solid edge in Force and dueling. ROTJ Luke doesn't have any combative Force showings and I don't see him breaking through Kenobi's defenses.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 09:36 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
ROTJ Luke doesn't have any combative Force showings

Shattered Empire Luke does which is only 3 months Post-ROTJ.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2015 10:35 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote