KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Quinlan Vos (Legends) vs. AOTC Anakin Skywalker

Quinlan Vos (Legends) vs. AOTC Anakin Skywalker
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Quinlan Vos (Legends) vs. AOTC Anakin Skywalker

Force sabers all out

Duel takes place in the Jedi temple

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 04:49 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Who wins this!

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 03:59 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Vos ofc smile

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 04:20 AM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by redpill
Vos ofc smile

It's only Legends Vos, not DD, so I'm not so sure.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 11:01 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vos takes it

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 11:16 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by Q99
It's only Legends Vos, not DD, so I'm not so sure.

vaapad pwns! mad

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 12:44 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

vaapad pwns! mad

Not necessarily. D'jem So is effective against Form 7. Vos is not a master of Vaapad like Windu is, and even Windu would have a hard time against Anakin.

Edit: Forgot AOTC Anakin.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 02:23 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

No it isn't, lol.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 07:35 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird

Originally posted by ILS
No it isn't, lol.

Form 7 leaves openings in defenses which Form 5 is suited for if that's what you're referring to.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 09:01 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

No it doesn't, lol. And no it isn't. Unless you can provide me with a quote that suggests as much?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 09:33 PM
TheNuisanceBird

Originally posted by ILS
No it doesn't, lol. And no it isn't. Unless you can provide me with a quote that suggests as much?

*Facepalm*

Is the Star Wars wiki as bad as YouTube?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 09:50 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Neither is a credible source for suggesting Form V is a perfect counter for Form VII, lol.

Bandele came up with the notion first but it didn't stand on it's own legs for long. As far as I'm concerned for every idea you can suggest for Form V countering Form VII, you can provide one in return for VII countering V, e.g, VII being the most kinetic form lends credibility to it countering V because of V's severe lack of mobility, which is noted as a form weakness.

It's ultimately arbitrary though because 1) it's never been suggested by a real source and 2) fighters and their personal styles and attributes make fights, not forms at their base.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 09:56 PM
redpill

How proficient was Vos in vaapad?

when fighting dooku sora bulq told vos come along vos i taught you vapad use it! and dooku said hes not using it bc he fears the dark side.

it is implied that sora bulq fully trained vos in vaapad but he doesnt use it bc of moral restraing fears ds

physical strength vos easily. he's muscular. ani is a weenie

force strength equal

saber skill vos easily

dooku test

in aotc ani gets totally pwned easily by dooku
in legends vos gives dooku a good long hard fight before losing

vos wins

Old Post Nov 1st, 2015 09:12 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

when fighting dooku sora bulq told vos come along vos i taught you vapad use it! and dooku said hes not using it bc he fears the dark side.

it is implied that sora bulq fully trained vos in vaapad but he doesnt use it bc of moral restraing fears ds

force strength equal

saber skill vos easily

dooku test

When did Vos give a long hard fight to Dooku exactly?

vos wins

Old Post Nov 1st, 2015 10:01 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird

force strength equal

saber skill vos easily

dooku test

vos wins

Anakin didn't get "owned" by Dooku. The fight was supposed to be about 75% longer although it was cut out to make room for Yoda. I actually have a clip on my computer of an unused part. The guy who had it, TheLostClones I think did the effects for the light sabers. At one point Anakin and Dooku had two sabers each. Kenobi was supposed to be under Anakin when he tossed him the saber but suddenly moved to the other side of the hanger.

*Sigh*

What could have been......

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 02:36 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

As far as cinematic value goes, would've been nice if it were longer, but as far as in-universe continuity goes, that really wouldn't make much sense, given that Anakin's Pre-ROTS 1v1 fights with Dooku are already noticeably beyond the level he normally performs at in a duel.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 02:39 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird

Originally posted by Emperordmb
As far as cinematic value goes, would've been nice if it were longer, but as far as in-universe continuity goes, that really wouldn't make much sense, given that Anakin's Pre-ROTS 1v1 fights with Dooku are already noticeably beyond the level he normally performs at in a duel.

I think the duel in ROTS was also supposed to be longer. This makes sense as in the novelization its like never than even the Mustafar duel.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 02:44 AM
redpill

Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Anakin didn't get "owned" by Dooku. The fight was supposed to be about 75% longer although it was cut out to make room for Yoda. I actually have a clip on my computer of an unused part. The guy who had it, TheLostClones I think did the effects for the light sabers. At one point Anakin and Dooku had two sabers each. Kenobi was supposed to be under Anakin when he tossed him the saber but suddenly moved to the other side of the hanger.

*Sigh*

What could have been......

canonically speaking

anakin got totally pwned in aotc

dooku zaps him in under 2 seconds. thats weak.

vos and obi lasted longer

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 03:36 AM
TheNuisanceBird

canonically speaking

anakin got totally pwned in aotc

dooku zaps him in under 2 seconds. thats weak.

vos and obi lasted longer

Even going by the movie Anakin actually managed to legitimately contend with Dooku. Dooku is visibly tired at the end of their duel. Totally pwned would be Darth Bane killing Ezra.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2015 08:35 PM