KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Lord Hoth(Evans Variant) Runs a Gauntlet

Lord Hoth(Evans Variant) Runs a Gauntlet
Started by: TheDarthBoy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheDarthBoy

Lord Hoth(Evans Variant) Runs a Gauntlet

This guy gets 24 hours of sleep and rest before each round.
Using his version of Hoth and for the sake of pure debate.
Can he clear this?

1.Agen Kolar
2.Kit Fisto
3.Oppo Rancisis
4.Sora Bulq
5.Shaak Ti
6.Ulic and Cay Qel Droma
7.Darth Malak (Gets SF amp)
8.Darth Maul and Savage
9.Anakin and Obi Wan
10.Dooku and Assaj
11.Palpatine

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 02:50 AM
Click here to Send TheDarthBoy a Private Message Find more posts by TheDarthBoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Definitely gets through 1-7 since according to Evan Hoth vs Maul and Savage is a legit fight but neither can challenge him on their own.

With this in mind Hoth can take them both with his chessplayer tactics because Savage is a barbarian hefting a cudgel and Maul is an animal, both of whom lack any tactical or technical sophistication on the level of even Plo Koon. So they get through eight as well.

What about 9 though... hmmm... this is close but I'd still give it to Hoth. While Kenobi is good he's beneath Shaak since they're equal as duelists but Shaak is the greater Force wielder, and this means he's beneath Hoth considerably since Shaak is meant to be a step down from Hoth given she was placed against Bane for a more fair fight after Hoth beat him. And this makes sense given Hoth's approaching Bane level of power and Kenobi's flagging Force defenses in. Factor in Anakin and he's even lower than Obi-Wan, and his seriously lacking tactical capabilities make him a field day for Hoth. Hoth simply has everything needed to win here with raw power exceeding what Obi-Wan can defend against, and his chess player skills he can use to defeat someone as reckless as Anakin. So he takes ten as well.

This one is very tricky. Hoth is on the same level as the likes of Windu, Kyle, and Kao Cen Darach, all of whom are around the same level as Dooku, and Dooku's vast technical sophistication and use of tactics mean he won't be as outsmarted against Hoth. With Ventress aiding an opponent already around Hoth's level, Hoth probably stops here, though I could see him scraping a few wins if he splits them up with his tactics and takes out Ventress first.

Though I think he probably stops at ten, if he makes it to Palpatine, he probably has what it takes to beat him. Unlike Palpatine, he is actually a very skilled and experienced duelist with an absolute mastery of all seven forms, and his tactics and understanding of combat would undermine Palpatine's with consummate ease. The only issue here is Palpatine's extreme force power, which can likely be overcome given Hoth's force powers nearly rivaling Bane's, who vastly exceeded Kas'im in power who has demonstrated barriers powerful enough to repel Sidious's telekinesis. I view this fight going similarly to Sidious vs Windu. It would be a good fight, but one that would ultimately end with the Sith Lord at Hoth's mercy, and like all other Sith, Hoth would cut him down in short order.

So yeah, clears through 7 easily, makes it to 10 and probably loses, and clears if he somehow manages to beat 10.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 03:05 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Makes Palpatine his *****.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDarthBoy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Definitely gets through 1-7 since according to Evan Hoth vs Maul and Savage is a legit fight but neither can challenge him on their own.

With this in mind Hoth can take them both with his chessplayer tactics because Savage is a barbarian hefting a cudgel and Maul is an animal, both of whom lack any tactical or technical sophistication on the level of even Plo Koon. So they get through eight as well.

What about 9 though... hmmm... this is close but I'd still give it to Hoth. While Kenobi is good he's beneath Shaak since they're equal as duelists but Shaak is the greater Force wielder, and this means he's beneath Hoth considerably since Shaak is meant to be a step down from Hoth given she was placed against Bane for a more fair fight after Hoth beat him. And this makes sense given Hoth's approaching Bane level of power and Kenobi's flagging Force defenses in. Factor in Anakin and he's even lower than Obi-Wan, and his seriously lacking tactical capabilities make him a field day for Hoth. Hoth simply has everything needed to win here with raw power exceeding what Obi-Wan can defend against, and his chess player skills he can use to defeat someone as reckless as Anakin. So he takes ten as well.

This one is very tricky. Hoth is on the same level as the likes of Windu, Kyle, and Kao Cen Darach, all of whom are around the same level as Dooku, and Dooku's vast technical sophistication and use of tactics mean he won't be as outsmarted against Hoth. With Ventress aiding an opponent already around Hoth's level, Hoth probably stops here, though I could see him scraping a few wins if he splits them up with his tactics and takes out Ventress first.

Though I think he probably stops at ten, if he makes it to Palpatine, he probably has what it takes to beat him. Unlike Palpatine, he is actually a very skilled and experienced duelist with an absolute mastery of all seven forms, and his tactics and understanding of combat would undermine Palpatine's with consummate ease. The only issue here is Palpatine's extreme force power, which can likely be overcome given Hoth's force powers nearly rivaling Bane's, who vastly exceeded Kas'im in power who has demonstrated barriers powerful enough to repel Sidious's telekinesis. I view this fight going similarly to Sidious vs Windu. It would be a good fight, but one that would ultimately end with the Sith Lord at Hoth's mercy, and like all other Sith, Hoth would cut him down in short order.

So yeah, clears through 7 easily, makes it to 10 and probably loses, and clears if he somehow manages to beat 10.

Oh my Geeaad I cannot tell if your joking or not, it sounds so logical but funny.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 03:30 AM
Click here to Send TheDarthBoy a Private Message Find more posts by TheDarthBoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Well I'm trying to answer as accurately and as reflectively on Evan's view of the characters as I possibly can. Take that for whatever it's worth LOL

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 03:34 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDarthBoy

I dont even know what its worth but this thread needs to use Hoth more, and I intend on using him more.

For the lols and debates is entirely on the person.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 03:44 AM
S_W_LeGenD

He should stop at 6.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 04:37 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RHaggis
The Jammy Bastard

Attachment: 11808725_10206946103438344_185647026_n.gif
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 11:14 AM
Click here to Send RHaggis a Private Message Find more posts by RHaggis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
He should stop at 6.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 01:14 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

loses all, other than maybe Oppo

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 02:03 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Using actual Hoth, he falls to Fisto or Ti, but Evannova Hoth stops at Dooku and Ventress or clears.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 03:35 PM
TheIndyJedi

Using actual Hoth, he falls to Fisto or Ti, but Evannova Hoth stops at Dooku and Ventress or clears.

Evan actually said Hoth can beat Dooku

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 10:22 AM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

Obliterated by Kolar

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 11:24 AM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

He might honestly clear.
I wouldn't put it past Evan to rank Hoth above Sidious(he already has Bane and Sheev on a similar playing field as duelists, IIRC, and Hoth is > Bane so...)

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 11:36 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by MythLord
He might honestly clear.
I wouldn't put it past Evan to rank Hoth above Sidious(he already has Bane and Sheev on a similar playing field as duelists

Interesting. Quote?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 11:43 AM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Originally posted by CuckedCurry
Obliterated by Kolar

This is Evannova's version, he will absolutely go further

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 01:43 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

My version of Kolar will obliterate Evan’s version of Hoth

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 08:03 PM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheMuser

Kek at Kolar>Sidious m8.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2019 12:14 AM
Click here to Send TheMuser a Private Message Find more posts by TheMuser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Originally posted by TheMuser
Kek at Kolar>Sidious m8.

In looks? For sure

Old Post Apr 14th, 2019 12:41 AM
CuckedCurry

Originally posted by TheMuser
Kek at Kolar>Sidious m8.

Kolar was looking at the traffic and was shot up by a confusion haze too, that’s why he lost :/

Also I remember when you were on that YouTube podcast in a tank top my child

I know where you live 0.o

Old Post Apr 14th, 2019 06:42 AM