KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Amped! Mace Windu vs. Zonakin

Amped! Mace Windu vs. Zonakin
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Amped! Mace Windu vs. Zonakin

Mace Windu feeding off Sidious's energies

vs.

Anakin Skywalker during the second half of his duel against Dooku.

Battle takes place on the Invisible Hand.

1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-out

Bonus round: both of them team up against DE Sidious

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 11:19 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Mace.

As of TCW-ROTS period Mace was still the 2nd most Powerful Jedi, with Anakin the clear no.3.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 11:33 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

The one that fought evenly with Sidious probably beats the Anakin that slaughtered the Count.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 11:51 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

The Stover novelization says that Palpatine would have killed Mace Windu in short order had he not been able to sink into vaapad. This is why I think there's a really big jump from Dooku/base Windu to Yoda/Sidious tier.

Is this gap as large as the one between Zonakin and Dooku? I'm not so sure. They're both capable of utterly dominating anyone in Dooku's tier. Perhaps Anakin's evisceration was emphasized more poetically than Palpatine's (~= amped Windu), but I dunno. Windu probably takes the Force and all-out, seeing as how he matched the energies of Sidious.

The tipping would be if Windu can amp himself further from Anakin's tapping into the dark side (was he?).

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 11:59 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
The Stover novelization says that Palpatine would have killed Mace Windu in short order had he not been able to sink into vaapad.

I don't remember that being said anywhere. Quote?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 12:03 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Windu takes all

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 12:57 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Mace.

As of TCW-ROTS period Mace was still the 2nd most Powerful Jedi, with Anakin the clear no.3.

Doesn't sound like something Canon would say. Canon would say something about Anakin being the greatest Jedi Warrior of all time.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 01:12 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Canon probably has both Windu and Skywalker above Yoda.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 01:14 PM
Syndicate

^ Canon probably has both Windu and Skywalker above Yoda.

It actually does. :P It states Anakin is the fastest/strongest of the Jedi at the beginning of RotS. :>

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 06:14 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Mace obviously

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 06:15 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

canonsaysyourewrongdmb

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 06:24 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gideongarner01

“Zonakin” in the novel was making Dooku into an absolute joke. Windu would still win obviously as with his amp he was on par with sidious big anakin is not going down without a long hard fight.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2019 10:18 PM
Click here to Send gideongarner01 a Private Message Find more posts by gideongarner01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I totally coined the term "Zonakin" like 10 years ago.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2019 12:24 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

Guess that makes you a legend.

For being the guy who made that annoying term, which will never go away now. Ever.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2019 07:37 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

Wow, I think I like you about 20% less now.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2019 07:21 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Guess that makes you a legend.

For being the guy who made that annoying term, which will never go away now. Ever.
I stopped paying attention about 6-7 years ago, has it been used this whole time? I AM Legend.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Wow, I think I like you about 20% less now.
I don't even know who you are.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2019 07:30 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

Well, since both those things are basing on Stover's interpretation, his other interpretations might be helpful:

(...)We have seen that young Skywalker has the power to battle a Sith Lord alone, ifneed be; he has proven that with Dooku. If he is indeed the chosen one, we must keep him in play against the Sith(...)
--- Stover's ROTS Novel

Forget not the existence of Sidious. Anticipate your action, he may. Masters will be necessary, if the Lord of the Sith you must face
--- Stover's ROTS Novel

He could feel his power growing, indeed. He had the measure of his "Master" already; not long after Palpatine shared the secret of Darth Plagueis's discovery, their relationship would undergo a sudden...transformation.
--- Stover's ROTS Novel

So, by defeating Dooku, Anakin proved (in Council's opinion), that he might be able to defeat Sidious alone, while Yoda though that Mace will need other masters' help if he want to deal with a Sith Lord.
Anakin, who saw Palpatine's duel with Mace wasn't impressed that much. Also, he stomped Dooku like nothing when he reached his "zone". It places him aboce Mace, by Stover.

Nick Gillard also said, that Mace is level 8 bordering level 9. Anakin is 9. Anakin > Mace per Gillard.

By overall statements, Mace should be inferior to Yoda and equal to Dooku, with also places him below prime Anakin.
By feats, excluding his duel with Sidious, which is still, after all these years, open for interpretation, Anakin should take the upper hand as well, as Mace lacks feats on that level; he stalemated Dooku, he barely overpowered Sora Bulq, Asajj Ventress held her own against him in one or two sources, though he was her superior indeed. Maul held his own against Mace and Ayla combined, Mace was unable to comfortably beats Talzin (she was stated to be below her standard shape), while Sidious stomped her (she was in Dooku's body though).

So, Anakin should takes this, eitther Canon or Legends, Stover or Gillard.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2019 07:36 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meatpants

Zonakin easily.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 06:26 PM
Click here to Send Meatpants a Private Message Find more posts by Meatpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote